• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can tell you that Brookvale Oval is worse. On every metric - no scoreboard at the moment, toilets date from the 1960s and there aren't that many male or female, field is substandard, electrical system borderline unsafe.

I don't think either are suitable. The thing Brookvale has going for it is that the Northern Beaches is a rugby stronghold and will bring out good crowds.

I certainly think the new Parramatta Stadium should be where the Tahs try and play most of their games next season.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't think either are suitable. The thing Brookvale has going for it is that the Northern Beaches is a rugby stronghold and will bring out good crowds.

I certainly think the new Parramatta Stadium should be where the Tahs try and play most of their games next season.

When did the northern beaches become a union stronghold?
I very strongly agree about Parramatta Stadium

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
From a junior perspective they have clubs at:
Manly, Harbord, Seaforth, Allambie Heights, Forest, Collaroy, Dee Why, Narrabeen,Newport, Pittwater, Terrey Hills, Wakehurst.

Schools Such as St Augustine, St Luke’s, St Paul’s, Pittwater House, Narrabeen Sports High.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
From a junior perspective they have clubs at:
Manly, Harbord, Seaforth, Allambie Heights, Forest, Collaroy, Dee Why, Narrabeen,Newport, Pittwater, Terrey Hills, Wakehurst.

Schools Such as St Augustine, St Luke’s, St Paul’s, Pittwater House, Narrabeen Sports High.
Barrenjoey high

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
basically Manly to Palm beach :)
If that is not the highest density of Rugby players/supporters in the population, I would like to know where there is more.

So if that's not Heartland, we don't have a heartland.

But my vote would be Concord. Would love to see the Tahs play there with both stands full and the hill/grass at the ends full as well. Needs a hose down and a lick of paint, but still a great surface and a great venue to watch football.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
“A grand total of 48,000 viewers watched the Waratahs v Crusaders game on Saturday on Fox Sports, according to MediaWeek.....
Indeed, based on my understanding of Super Rugby pay TV audiences in the UK, there may be more watching the Sky Sport UK broadcasts than Wallabies fans in Australia.”
And another Friday with no 7:30 game.
They’re making me watch AFL, NRL or Gardening Australia, FFS.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I actually see improvement in the Aus sides, each have specific issues but the standard is better, we are more competitive.

I don't see how playing lessor standard teams will improve our rugby, we need to harden the f*CK up and keep working

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I don't see how playing lessor standard teams will improve our rugby
That's easily answered: Stop the rental agreement. :)

I'm serious. We are leasing our arse to SANZAAR like rentboys. Don't do it!

You, like many, seem to be conflating the end of Super Rugby with never playing NZ teams again.

I can guarantee with 100% confidence that this will not be the case.

You will find that New Zealand Rugby need matches in this time zone—test matches and top club matches—urgently. Boating off to Bloemfontein, Bulawayo, and Buenos Aires bi-weekly won't bring it. They will return to the table.

And here's a tip for free about the standard of top players in professional sports competitions. There's only two ways to have them – growing 'em or buying 'em. The best way, and first step, to doing both is through Australian-controlled competition. More control on all aspects of what's produced.

We need a regular product to sell on TV and a stable schedule of matches at watchable times for players and fans. This can even be spiced up with PI teams or a HK-bankrolled side, etc.

At the risk of repeating myself, this can be allied with a transnational post-season (yes, playing NZ, and even Argie and Saffa pro teams)

we need to harden the f*CK up and keep working
There's working smart and there's working dumb.

We need to back ourselves and grow our own pro comp.

That's actually going to take more balls than spinelessly accepting a slide into sporting oblivion by signing up to "soup" again.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Balls, spines, and other cliches.

It is not about backing ourselves, it is about establishing a product that somebody will pay money for. That takes brains, not balls or spines.

Something that you do not seem to know much about, frankly, mate.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
That takes brains, not balls or spines.

Something that you do not seem to know much about, frankly, mate.

22pPEy4.gif

I'll have you know, I'm the 199th smartest sleuth on this forum.

On the whole mah-farken site!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...should-go-it-alone/ar-AAxtpRU?ocid=spartandhp

You know it is really dead and buried when media starts publishing this sort of stuff. Looks like media caught up with what you have been saying for the last 10 years half.

Super Rugby really is dead as I certainly have no interest and nor do my rugby mates. Shute shield and Twiggy rugby yes. NRC like to watch but now cancelled my Foxtel subscription means won't be able to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.