1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which clubs are the Class of 2012 going to?

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Lee Grant, Sep 13, 2012.

1. scaraby Ron Walden (29)

AK has another year left at school..
    Lee Grant likes this.
  2. Tahboy Banned

Interesting how players who go to schools which play for there footy on Saturdays are registered to Petersham or Canterbury at 16s levels
    I have heard Uni try and get Quality players to register with Petersham or Canterbury at 16s even though there is no chance of them playing because they have schools footy to play on Saturday but this allows Uni to claim them as local players and avoid the points they would normally carry.
    The selling point for Uni is telling the parents switch to uni's local club so that the player can get a scholarship to join Uni at colts level.
    This will no doubt get the Uni faithful going
    Pete King likes this.
  3. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

Maybe they won't be too worried about hearsay.
  4. bossmaster Frank Row (1)

does that mean he might make a tackle , run sometimes,and leave the kicking to the backs,
    Brian Westlake likes this.
  5. Tahboy Banned

N
    not hearsay , problem is its not fair to mention players names.
    Why would a player who plays for Uni went to Newington for yr 11 and 12 comes from Rooty hill and played his junior footy for Rooty hill Raptors all of a sudden be registered to play for Petersham and Uni had him as a local player. Trouble is you can be registered as a local but you don't have to play a game for that club. I give Uni full credit for working a loophole and I would guess they were at the 16s national picking out a few other Petersham recruits. NSWRU will wake up to this in about 2017
  6. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

You missed the point: you said: I have heard ... which was hearsay, literally, and indicated that you did not have first hand knowledge.

If you did have first hand knowledge you should have said so, or said you heard from a player; you wouldn't have had to mention a player, or some players, by name.

End of LG's October bout of pedantry.
    en_force_er likes this.
  7. Sydneybra Banned

Any news on where Harry Rorke is heading in 2013??
  8. lily Vay Wilson (31)

It would be good if Manly could keep the vultures away from Foketi and Hodge.
    Brian Westlake likes this.
  9. Brian Westlake Arch Winning (36)

I like your chances with Hodge, but Lala???? They ( the vultures) have been more than sniffing around.
  10. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

Top player; I thought that the Oz Schools goose was cooked when he and Rorke got crocked and couldn't tour to NZ this year.

I have had high hopes for other Oz Schools centres in recent years, but things haven't turned out as I thought; but Foketi looks like someone who can make his mark after his school days. Let's hope that he is not a serial crock like C. Mitchell and T. Bennetts have been, and he can prove himself in senior rugby.
  11. southsider Arch Winning (36)

thats actually got more to do with newington than sydney uni, newington have previously encouraged players to play for petersham to get a "connection" going between the school and club. Quiet a few petersham junior teams in the last few years have been dominated by newington boys including the particular team your referring to.
  12. Rob Sydney Middleton (9)

I would hardly call T Bennetts a serial crock. Has been one of the best centres in Shute Shield over last two years up until going to Japan to play.
    Eyes and Ears likes this.
  13. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

He was hurt before that a lot wasn't he Ron - or perhaps I am mistaken.
  14. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

Cameron Orr and his brother to Southern Districts
    Horowitz to Randwick
    Jim Stewart to Randwick
    Sydneybra likes this.
  15. supporter Sydney Middleton (9)

Going to Northern Suburbs from Newington:
    Oscar Pryor Lees
    Will Ahosivi
    Rohan O'Regan
    Luke Gardner
    James Moate
    Sydneybra likes this.
  16. staedler Frank Nicholson (4)

Be very surprised if the Orrs leave Wests to go to Souths. Not sure what would entice them down south, plus they were both seen at the Wests 2013 information evening.
  17. Tah and feathered Watty Friend (18)

I have heard the Orr Bros have signed with Southern Districts and so has Ezra the Sydney Uni prop.
    Not a bad start to a good pack.
  18. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

Be a surprise to see Horwitz at Randwick. He played all his junior footy with Easts and the Wallaroos. Easts must be in bad shape if they can't keep hold of his talent.

Stewart to the Wicks? Doesn't he live on the Northern Beaches? I'd have thought it was either Manly, The Rats or Uni (as someone has previously strongly indicated).
  19. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

What grade did Ezra play this year?
  20. up&under Frank Nicholson (4)

nothing to do with next year but i did hear that rorke got expelled from riverview for getting pissed and doing doughnuts in his car at school!?!?!