• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who has starred in the NRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Apologies I just re-read what I wrote and realized i mis-wrote it. Of course it's a refereeing error haha.

I mean the media portraying it as though the referee didn't know the rules, when it was merely an error, due to both jerseys having yellow. Who would have thought that would be an issue?

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
I think that what the referee said when he referred it to the TMO could also have been a contributing factor. He said words to the effect of "I want you to check the grounding" and if the TMO was focused on that he may not have seen that it was a Rays jersey beyond the yellow sleeve.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If we're sticking with law varitions next year, let's just run with this one.

No 5m scrums or 22 metre restarts.

OWN TRIES BABY!

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
For me these are the players that stood out to me

1. Toby Smith (Melbourne Rising)
2. Andrew Ready (Brisbane City)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Melbourne Rising)
4. Greg Peterson (North Habour Rays)
5. Steve Mafi (Greater Sydney Rams)
6. Tala Gray (NSW Country/ Jed Holloway ()
7. Michael Gunn (Brisbane City)
8. Lopeti Timani (Melbourne Rising)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Melbourne Rising
10. Jack Debreczeni (Meblourne Rising)
11. Andrew Kellaway (NSW Country)
12. Samu kerevi (Brisbane City)
13. Nigel Ah Wong (UC Vikings)
14. Jerome Mckenzie (Greater Sydney Rams
15. Teslua Veainu (Melbourne Rising)

16. lala Lam (UC Vikings)/ Hugh roach (Greater Sydney Rams)
17. Sef Faagase (Brisbane City)
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. Nick Frisby (Brisbane City) Sam Windsor ()/ Dillyn Leyds (Perth Spirit)
22. kris kuridrani (Brisbane City)/ Taqele Naiyaravrio (Greater Sydney Rams) (before injury)

23.J.J. Tulagi (Qld Country) / Sefanaia Naivalu (Melbourne Rising) / Dane Chisholm (Greater Sydney Rams)

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
This might be an unpopular question but is Kellaway really starring that much? I know people are going to say yes he finishes every opportunity that he is given (which is true) but how much is he really creating? The guys not exactly making line breaks nor is he the Eagle's go to player in the backline

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Isn't he doing what a winger should though? He's an excellent finisher and scores a lot of tries because he does his job and he's in the right place at the right time.

NSW Country are second on the ladder but have the equal third lowest points scored in the competition yet Kellaway is still the comp's top try scorer.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Isn't he doing what a winger should though? He's an excellent finisher and scores a lot of tries because he does his job and he's in the right place at the right time.

NSW Country are second on the ladder but have the equal third lowest points scored in the competition yet Kellaway is still the comp's top try scorer.

That's the response I was trying to avoid I guess- I don't think Kellaway's form has been as strong as say Dargeville, McKenzie or Veainu who seem to have more impact around the park.
By all means the guy is having a fantastic season for someone first year out of school but I think selecting him as the top winger in the NRC is pushing things...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As the saying goes, correlation isn't causation, but at each level Kellaway has played so far he's scored a lot of tries. Now that only counts for so much but why is he massively outscoring the other winger on the team at each level (whether it's Aus Schoolboys, Junior World Cup, NRC)?

I completely accept that tryscoring isn't everything but for a winger it's a big part of their game.

A lot of his tries look like he doesn't do a whole lot but is part of that the fact that he times his run, depth and spacing etc. really well?

I agree that Dargaville, McKenzie and Veainu have all been excellent as well.

T

TOCC

Australia is well short of try-scoring wingers at the moment, thats why guys like Horne are starting on the wing..
Having the ability to score tries is more then just falling over the line, its about running the right lines, positioning yourself in support, knowing when to cut inside or back yourself on the outside. From what I've seen he is strong in contact, has great balance and good speed, so he is hardly a plod in that regard either.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If anyone is going to be the next campo,it's H Jones.
Young Harry is mercurial like Campo was.
He can do some amazing things,but is capable of mimicking any brain fart that ever squeezed out of Campo.
I'm not sure if you eliminate the latter,you preserve the former.
I think it may have been LG who has compared AK (Andrew Kellaway) to Matt Burke previously?
I think he was right on the money.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
If anyone is going to be the next campo,it's H Jones.
Young Harry is mercurial like Campo was.
He can do some amazing things,but is capable of mimicking any brain fart that ever squeezed out of Campo.
I'm not sure if you eliminate the latter,you preserve the former.
I think it may have been LG who has compared AK (Andrew Kellaway) to Matt Burke previously?
I think he was right on the money.
Hi made error after error Thursday night, and other games. I'm surprised what I'm reading. Mog mowed him down like he was standing still against the Vikings.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hi made error after error Thursday night, and other games. I'm surprised what I'm reading. Mog mowed him down like he was standing still against the Vikings.

Yeah - those are my memories of him in the NRC also. Don't remember him standing out at all. Not in the class yet of MacKenzie, Dargaville, Kellaway, Niumata and probably some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.