• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Why is Marto employed as a commentator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After dusruspecting and butchering their alternate National Anthem whilst wearing a Black Jumper, will the Kiwi fans be booing the foxtel commentary team?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
After dusruspecting and butchering their alternate National Anthem whilst wearing a Black Jumper, will the Kiwi fans be booing the foxtel commentary team?

I'd usually boo them anyway ;)

The game on the weekend was actually the best I've heard them...LOL

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I dont mind Marto and Greg Clark, in fact i'd have them over Tony Johnston and his Crusaders man-crush 80 minute jism-fest in a heartbeat. Justin marshall might come up with a couple of insights a game but that aint gonna make up for his comically overboard attempt to be "unbiased", which just looks daft when the NZ team are creaming the opposition and he's jazzing his daks over the fuckin' losers.

Kearns and his "cheat" mantra with Mccaw is just flat-out embarrassing at this stage. I sort of feel bad for him. Mccaw has WON over 100 test matches.

"CHEAAAAT!"

I dont understand in this technological day and age why some internet madmen havent rigged up a mic to their computer and somehow just call the game in front of the telly while pissed with their mates and broadcast it over the internet? i7d listen! Some prick must know how to do it!

Jenkss

Bob McCowan (2)
I'd take the Fox Sports guys over the Channel 10 team any day of the week. I'm sorry but I cannot stand the Channel 10 commentary.

The number of times they call the wrong guys name or forget entirely is amazing. I struggle through them because I can't justify paying Foxtel $80/month for the 3 sport channels I'd watch. It annoys me every time though, learn their names at least guys come on. The "voice of rugby" my arse.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I dont understand in this technological day and age why some internet madmen havent rigged up a mic to their computer and somehow just call the game in front of the telly while pissed with their mates and broadcast it over the internet? i7d listen! Some prick must know how to do it!
You know about the Alternative Rugby Commentary, right? If not, there's that, and by all means, check out their commercials on youtube -- they're a treat.

(A conspiracy theorist also recently came up with this gem about one of the youtube commercials.)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Clown Prince from the Kingdom of Drongoland, Marto at the Gold Coast Sevens, as co-commentator for the final game between the Canada and Australia Women's team.

Ella Green has just fluffed a tackle, allowing Mandy Marcheck to score for Canada.

take it away Prince Marto: "... ... ...She's gotta get a shoulder in there to make the tackle... I don't know ... ... .... Maybe she has just had her nails done..."

Dinosaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.