• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Club 10's Singapore - June 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
"Organisers said nearly 11,000 people attended the two-day event, which was the launch for a new 55,000-seat stadium."

I'm guessing a large % of those were supporters rather than locals. Kinda puts some perspective on the alleged Asian interest in joining Super Rugby.

I wonder as to their definition of "nearly" as they were circa 3000 present for the semis/finals and there would have been less on Saturday. Also, as an aside, reckon an average GPS school 16c team would have cleaned up in the 16s comp (interestingly won by a local team v an ang mo team), and it would be good if it opened up Aus/NZ schools in future.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
All major cities bid to host large sporting events, e.g. Grand Prix, State of Origin, Tennis etc.... Can't see how this would be any different.

AFAIK the only things not bid for a the AFL and NRL grand finals because they will always be hosted in Melbourne and Sydney respectively.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm not saying the govts dont bid nor that Melbourne could host it.

I'm saying they won't. its between two other cities.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
unlikely to be played on the GC. Not going to be played in Melbourne.

Yeah that's cool. I just think AAMI Park is the best place in terms of venue size, and the best way to showcase to Mexicans a ball game that has speed and skill, with an international flavour.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Glorious victory, been a long time coming.

Well, that's the SuperXV wrapped up for another year. See you fullas in February!

So long, suckers!

cheerl.gif

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Love the Sailor Moon reference ^ :D

Good win from the Blues.

Can't help but look at 10's & wish it was this shorter form of the game that took off & not 7's though.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can't help but look at 10's & wish it was this shorter form of the game that took off & not 7's though.
World Rugby to switch to 10-a-side.

--NZ Herald--

In shock news today the IRB have confirmed that the 15-a-side format will be completely done away with, effective as of midnight tonight. In its place will be Rugby 10's. It is believed the switch was decided upon after an unnamed Auckland Blues assistant coach placed a short telephone call through to IRB headquarters last night.

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

"10-a-side rugby? For the rest of the Super 15? Well, I suppose we'll adjust the best we can."

Status
Not open for further replies.