• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Cup Jerseys 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I've found the opposite...

Even the small sized replica jerseys are made for fatties with big arms...

by the time i find one that fits my waist it is swimming round my arms to, the sizing is weird and stupid, they should just produce them to a normal t-shirt scale not from the fitting scale they have for pro athletes.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
this would have made a better USA world cup jersey, perhaps they could have added stars to the shoulder line, but alas.....

9885.jpg

R

Rev Spooner

Seriously? No Springbok on the SA jersey? Is this new or been around for awhile?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
RevSpooner, thanks for pointing that out. Last world cup, the logo was the Springbok with a small superimposed protea. Since then, they've played with both the protea and the bok on the front. This is the first Bok jersey without a bok on the front.

Fucked!

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Not logo's as in brands, you are only allowed the RWC logo, one small (not sure if they are restricted in size) manufacturers logo and one other.

They couldn't put the protea and the springbok on, so they had to shift one. SA law says all sports teams need to have the protea on the left breast, so the bok got moved.

The 2011 Springbok World Cup jersey, featuring the Springbok emblem on the sleeve, has been unveiled.

The Springbok logo, traditionally at the heart of the South African rugby jersey, was in 2009 controversially moved to the right-hand side of the jersey to accommodate the King Protea, the official emblem of South African national sporting sides.

Due to the IRB’s requirement that the official IRB Rugby World Cup logo appears on the right-hand side of all team jerseys at the showpiece, the Springbok emblem has moved to the left sleeve of the jersey.

This temporary switch, however, only applies to IRB World Cup events. The South African Rugby Union is said to have asked the IRB to make an exception for South Africa, but it proved in vain.

What’s more, the logo of new sponsors Absa is not allowed on the Bok World Cup jersey as a maximum of three logos are allowed on the front of a team jersey at IRB World Cup events – a nation’s national emblem (on the left breast); the event mark (right breast) and the logo of the apparel sponsor (centre).

http://www.sarugby.com/2011/03/29/springbok-jumps-to-sleeve-for-world-cup/

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
What I'm saying is that last time they had a Springbok & Protea logo. One logo, two elements.

I'm amazed that the Saffers are tolerating this.

R

Rev Spooner

Seems like it MrTimms - just like having PDV as their coach.

R

Rev Spooner

Are the All Blacks that confident of winning the RWC that they won't have to change for the black tie victory dinner after?

We all know the All Blacks are confident before every RWC ... and for good reason.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
opps time to change my profile pic.

No need. I was just mucking around trying to work out how to do it properly.

I'm glad the Aussie Jersey isn't like the other kooga ones with the piping across the middle. Looks a lot better without I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom