• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

spectator - charalmbous was the first preference hooker for aus schoolboys in 2005 as captain of the churchie side which had pocock and quade in it, but got injured. Hanson was the back-up hooker for the squad then got the call up as the third string hooker. He then killed it in the ARC with the rebels and got his rookie contract.
Charalambous was killing it in premier grade last year as a very young captain of a premier side but once again got injured and opted out of the reds academy.
They are both fantastic players but if Chara can get his body right - he will be a tremendous pick up for the Reds/Force or Rebels.

T

tranquility

In regards to the easts premier side - I heard that the no 7 Phil Braban got picked up by the Brumbies academy so if that is the case the door would be open enough to suggest that Jordan Tuopu would be a reasonable shot. Considering he could reunite his partnership with Quirk.

As for faulkner I don't think he would be too far away from a wing spot if Herman Porter were to play at 13.

Throw in Tim Walsh, Aiden Toua and a returning Fraser Evans and you have a makings of a pretty good side.

go the tigers.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
how's young Jack Mullins shaping up tran?

Reds down a hooker next year with Hardy going. Would like to see Charalambous get a shot.

T

tranquility

really good footballer, but is just a little bit light. I would say that he would still be behind Krelle at flyhalf before Walshy came over but who knows what they will do. He will still play alot of minutes I would of thought.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
tranquility said:
In regards to the easts premier side - I heard that the no 7 Phil Braban got picked up by the Brumbies academy so if that is the case the door would be open enough to suggest that Jordan Tuopu would be a reasonable shot. Considering he could reunite his partnership with Quirk.

As for faulkner I don't think he would be too far away from a wing spot if Herman Porter were to play at 13.

Throw in Tim Walsh, Aiden Toua and a returning Fraser Evans and you have a makings of a pretty good side.

go the tigers.
Not to mention Lucas (no relation to the other guys), and Toby White, who I thought had a great first season in the top grade last year. There's another handy winger whose name I can't recall.

Noddy - if Walsh is at Easts we may see Jack Mullins at 9, where he spent some time last year. Size really is his big issue which is a pity because he is a gutsy and skilful player.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
cheers, I know his dad. I went and watch Jack play for Terrace in the firsts once. it was a very average firsts team, and the wind was blowing a gale but Jack looked pretty damn classy and controlled the game very well

C

chief

Saifoloi is going to Easts or Sunnybank. Can't remember which one off the top of my head. It is a shame for him, doesn't really have the height which is required for a successful #10. Probably why he hasn't been signed, but rumour on 'The Ear' (Mark Oberhardt http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26548310-10389,00.html) is that a few Brisbane youngsters are on their way to Melbourne. One would think Saifoloi is one of them.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Doesn't the club season start a little later this year? This will mean we will see a lot more of the S14 guys in club games, which can't be a bad thing.

Will also mean that Sunnybank are going to be nothing short of awesome! Think of this backline: 9. Kingi 10. Lucas 11. Semiti Tela (?) 12. Tapuai B 13. Digby 14. Vaalu 15. Tapuai R. Put them together with a forward pack containing Holmes, Edwards, Schaatz and Simmons and they look pretty good. I'm sure I've missed a few. :nta:

I also think Souths will be very strong.

B

Boomy

spectator said:
Doesn't the club season start a little later this year? This will mean we will see a lot more of the S14 guys in club games, which can't be a bad thing.

Will also mean that Sunnybank are going to be nothing short of awesome! Think of this backline: 9. Kingi 10. Lucas 11. Semiti Tela (?) 12. Tapuai B 13. Digby 14. Vaalu 15. Tapuai R. Put them together with a forward pack containing Holmes, Edwards, Schaatz and Simmons and they look pretty good. I'm sure I've missed a few. :nta:

Ole Avei was at Sunnybank training tonight, so chances are he'll be added to the list.

T

TOCC

spectator said:

Yeah Sunnybank should have a strong premier grade team this year, i know they were pretty dissapointed in how things finished up last year. Souths will also be good in 2010, as far as i know they arent losing anyone and they have picked up a few good young players as well.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone know whether Leroy Houston is still at Norths? I did hear that he also was going to Sunnybank. On paper a big loss for Norths but I have been less than impressed with his work ethic at club level.

Any Norths supporters on these boards? They had a credible 6th placed finish last year and will boast a few handy backs in the form of Genia, Connor (who absolutely rips it up at this level) and Bond. Forwards are a bit of an unknown but they have recruited Sione Faumaina, ex NZ league player.

U

Utility Back

Sorry to go a bit off topic here,
But all this talk about player movementent within Brisbane Premier Grade, and i dont actually know what kind of incentives are the players given to play for a club or transfer to another? Do clubs pay the players, or offer accomadation of some sort? Is it semi proffessionaly at this level or only for the better players?
Just wondering what a club does to entice players from other clubs or even international guys like mike hercus for sunny coast or ben gollings?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lion, thanks for the update. Obviously some underlying resentment there, but its a great update. Keep them coming.

T

TOCC

Brothers arent going to be nearly as effective in 2010 without there 2 most influential players in McKibbin and Croft, Souths and a resurgent Sunnybank are my vote for the finalist teams.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Conor said:
Sorry to go a bit off topic here,
But all this talk about player movementent within Brisbane Premier Grade, and i dont actually know what kind of incentives are the players given to play for a club or transfer to another? Do clubs pay the players, or offer accomadation of some sort? Is it semi proffessionaly at this level or only for the better players?
Just wondering what a club does to entice players from other clubs or even international guys like mike hercus for sunny coast or ben gollings?
All the bolded bits are somewhere near the money. From what I hear most clubs are pretty financially strapped so whatever money that is around (whether from the club or a generous benefactor) is focused on one or two. Uni has the advantage of being able to offer academic enticements but I think are also more cashed up than most, and Sunnybank is pretty well off. Hence their popularity with a lot of the elite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.