• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Kef eats at the deli that I work out almost every week, you dont get much out of him - he doesnt flap the gums. But he seems like a very laid back character.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I see that Jeff Miller is coaching Prem Colts at Brothers this year. Not bad having a Super 14 coach looking after colts.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I see it the paper this morning that Liam Shaw has pulled the pin on his playing career due to health reasons. Will be interesting to see what effect it has on Brothers.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Great pity for Liam Shaw. Hot headed but honest toiler. Obviously rugby is big in the Shaw household so he will be gutted.

G

Geronimo

Lately he seems to have matured greatly and is putting in well rounded performances. He will be missed by the Filth and sadly the greater rugby community as not enough experienced players stay in the game at club level

D

David

Jets said:
I see that Jeff Miller is coaching Prem Colts at Brothers this year. Not bad having a Super 14 coach looking after colts.

Or so you would believe, but I believe the Reds players called him Pothole back in the day, because everyone avoided him. Jeff Miller is a shocking coach and that's the reason why he's gone from coaching Super 14 to coaching premier colts.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well, with Club rugby due to start next weekend I wonder whether anyone has up to date information on the squads, who has moved where etc...

Promises to be an interesting season, with the Reds players not due to make an impact until the end of May, or even June. On that basis, Brothers to get out out of the blocks early, with a strong non-Reds squad, and judging by trial form, Norths to make a statement early.

If people are aware of squads then please post them here.

T

TOCC

Sunnybank team list from last week, still missing a few players.

Premier Grade

1. Albert Anae
2. Ole Avei
3. Dayna Edwards
4. Tom Murday
5. James Kriukews?
6. Nigel Ah Wong
7. George Blomfield
8. Matt Swann
9. Brendan Underwood
10. Danny Reutledge
11. Matthew Feunati
12. Rota Setu
13. SHane Siuli
14. Lydon Minnaar
15. Semiti Tela

Premier Colts
1. William TUli
2. Andrew Owens
3. Paul Alo Emile
4. Chris Fuiaviliti
5. Chris Dowling
6. Matt Worland
7. Liam Gill
8. SAm Rochester
9. Matt Lucas
10. Teti Tela
11. Chanel Smidt
12. CAyden Matahaere
13. Nedd Mott
14. James Lopu
15. Jason Hofyr

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
TOCC said:
Sunnybank team list from last week, still missing a few players.

Premier Grade

2. Ole Avei

Victorian born and played his first rugby down here for Endeavor Hills (same club as Diggers). I think he moved up to Qld to pursue his rugby though.

Basically I'd be disgusted if the Rebels weren't watching him very closely. The Rebels need to start establishing a link with Victorian players.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
I would be suprised if Paul Alo Emile is playing Prem Colts. If he is opposition coaches will be going uncontested scrums very early. Andy Owen is a loose head prop?

I have heard Marist Old Boys (GPS) Premier Colts will be with out thier Fijian U20s players Chris Nasigiv???? and Matt Garland as they are in camp.

Dom Shipperley if playing will be named in the filths Premier Colts.

Wests Colts have been decimated by injuries, loosing hooker, props (2), 2nd rower. They may be without Nigel Genia as he played Premier Grade in the Trials.

East Colts may have some forwards back from injury.

T

TOCC

apoligies, that team list is for this weekend, Paul Alo Emile has also been pencilled in as Premier Grade reserve, so we will just have to to wait and see what happens there

T

TOCC

Sione Faumauina, former Kiwi league international is going to lineup at 12 this weekend inside of Blair Connor

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
TOCC said:
Sione Faumauina, former Kiwi league international is going to lineup at 12 this weekend inside of Blair Connor

Premier Colts players can play premier grade. So if he is listed as both you could assume that he is starting in Colts then benching prems.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
TOCC said:
I don't know much about their forwards but Norths are going to have a killer backline with the likes of Connor, Frank Genia, Bond, Luke Samoa and Faumauina. Pity the poor guys defending opposite big Sione.

R

rugbywhisperer

en_force_er said:
TOCC said:
Sunnybank team list from last week, still missing a few players. Premier Grade
2. Ole Avei
Victorian born and played his first rugby down here for Endeavor Hills (same club as Diggers). I think he moved up to Qld to pursue his rugby though.
Basically I'd be disgusted if the Rebels weren't watching him very closely. The Rebels need to start establishing a link with Victorian players.

Ole came to Qld in about 2001 and was part of the TSS premiership team for that year. he made Aussie schools as a number 8 however has never had the height for a true good loosie and has spent most of his post school playing at 2 or occasionally at 6.
I would doubt the Rebels would have gven him more than a cursory glance - he has never reached the playing levels he commanded as a schoolboy as he hasn't actually grown since then other than marginally sideways. More like a barrelled TPN. Ole is a great club player and has done Qld rep time as well but I think that is about where he will stay. Lovely chap as well.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
spectator said:
TOCC said:
I don't know much about their forwards but Norths are going to have a killer backline with the likes of Connor, Frank Genia, Bond, Luke Samoa and Faumauina. Pity the poor guys defending opposite big Sione.

They also have a forward named Junior someone this year who I've seen outspring some of the fastest backs with one of the most effortless running styles I've seen. He's also one of the bigger players on the team.

C

chief

Norths have the best back line in the competition. Hopefully Roche has done something with the forwards, so there game can be two dimensional.

T

TOCC

Id also keep a eye on the Souths backline, they were inexperience playing with each other last year and went a long way, in 2010 they have kept most of there players and are looking the goods. Big and strong seems to be a selection criteria in there backline.

D

David

TOCC said:
Id also keep a eye on the Souths backline, they were inexperience playing with each other last year and went a long way, in 2010 they have kept most of there players and are looking the goods. Big and strong seems to be a selection criteria in there backline.

As a Souths player myself I can tell you that the Souths backline is somewhat of a small one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.