• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Some good info on this weekend's matches on the QRU website. Will be out of town but am looking forward to the reports. Looks like Uni have acquired plenty of new talent so will be interested to see how they go. Formidable team on paper.

Easts have Matty Brandon returning which is a great thing for the Tigers. One of the most underrated players going around. Their clash with Sunnybank will be interesting. Souths won't have their stars so I will also be interested to see how they go as well.

Brothers will be solid but up against a Sunny Coast side that recently spanked the Gold Coast.

Quite excited about the start of the club comp.....

D

David

Kimani is turning out for Souths prem grade this weekend, he popped up at training tonight.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
tranquility said:
mate, where can I find the team lists?

Sorry, can't help you there Tranquility. Just going by what I read on the QRU website and what I hear around the traps. Hopefully the Courier Mail will publish teams tomorrow.

C

chief

Interesting Tuapou lining up at 6 for Easts. Quirk out injured? Or is there 7's on this weekend?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
chief said:
Interesting T
uapou lining up at 6 for Easts. Quirk out injured? Or is there 7's on this weekend?

I understand that Quirk is injured but watch Tupou go. The funny thing is, he was the Aussie school 's captain ahead of Gill,contrary to popular story. An outstanding backrower who will come under the eye of keen observers. I saw him in a club trial and he is an absolute goer.

T

TOCC

didnt quirk get injured in the game against china in hong kong, injured his back or something

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Interesting to see Karol Bos coaching at Easts after a long playing career at Sunnybank. I also heard that former Dragons player John Dart was coaching Gold Coast Premier Colts.

G

Geronimo

spectator said:
Easts have Matty Brandon returning which is a great thing for the Tigers. One of the most underrated players going around. Their clash with Sunnybank will be interesting. Souths won't have their stars so I will also be interested to see how they go as well.

What I see as interesting is when Sunnybank get their rep players back............Houston, Simmons, Lucas, Tapaui, Holmes, Ioanne.........have I missed anyone? Is there a Sunnybank supporter out there? My Breakers could be in for a hard time!

T

tranquility

The Rebels could do a lot worse than signing Matt Brandon. He will be alot better now that he has been in a professional environment and should really dominate as the class 10 of the tournament.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Geronimo said:
spectator said:

What I see as interesting is when Sunnybank get their rep players back............Houston, Simmons, Lucas, Tapaui, Holmes, Ioanne.........have I missed anyone? Is there a Sunnybank supporter out there? My Breakers could be in for a hard time!

From my understanding a full strength Sunnybank XV would be

1, G. Holmes
2, O. Avie
3, D. Edwards
4, R. Simmons
5, J. Kriukelis
6, J. Shatz
7, L. Gill
8, L. Houston
9, R. Kingi
10, B. Lucas
11, D. Ioane
12, B. Tapuai
13, R. Tapuai
14, S. Seiuli
15, S. Tela

They would have a bit of depth on the bench too. At THP they would be the envy of most clubs with PAE and Nathan Byrne.

T

TOCC

Jets said:
Geronimo said:
spectator said:

From my understanding a full strength Sunnybank XV would be

1, G. Holmes
2, O. Avie
3, D. Edwards
4, R. Simmons
5, J. Kriukelis
6, J. Shatz
7, L. Gill
8, L. Houston
9, R. Kingi
10, B. Lucas
11, D. Ioane
12, B. Tapuai
13, R. Tapuai
14, S. Seiuli
15, S. Tela

They would have a bit of depth on the bench too. At THP they would be the envy of most clubs with PAE and Nathan Byrne.

Rex Tapuai has is out injured for the season, and its unlikely that we will see Ioane turn out for Sunnybank in 2010, in between wallaby matches and resting his knee

T

TOCC

Gold Coast have also picked up Milton Ngauamo for 2010, he is the 33yr old Tongan International who has played for the Hurricanes, Calvisano and Lyon. He is a big solid lad and should be a bit of a standout for the Breakers IMO.

Sunshine Coast have picked up a new openside flanker, 5/8, inside centre and outside centre from the Air New Zealand Cup for 2010. They had a solid pack in 2009 so it will be interesting to see what the backs can do behind them.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just back from Sylvan Road.

Norths smashed Wests 55-8.

29-3 at the half.

I will do some sort of write up for the blog.

Blair Connor scored 2 run aways (one from an intercept and one from a kick through from turnover ball).

MOM for mine was Norths hooker Ryan Schultz who was everywhere and also scored a double.

U

Utility Back

Reigning Premiers Brothers were apparently beaten by the stingrays aswell.

33-20

C

chief

Great to see the Sunshine Coast and Norths (who for the previous decade were the struggling team of the competition) winning some games. Didn't see the game but heard from a few QRU folk that Norths are certainly a chance at the finals.

T

tranquility

If Matt Brandon's performance on the weekend didn't get some attention from Mr McQueen, something is wrong.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
TOCC said:
Sunshine Coast have picked up a new openside flanker, 5/8, inside centre and outside centre from the Air New Zealand Cup for 2010. They had a solid pack in 2009 so it will be interesting to see what the backs can do behind them.

It may be a rumour but I heard today Sunny Coast had been propped up by a wealthy businessman who has some injected some serious cash to fill out their playing roster with the ANZC players. Anyone heard this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom