• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
These tickets would be like hen's teeth...I recollect looking at the ARFU website for tickets for the Wallabies v Italy in Florence when I was thinking of going, and saw some for sale there few weeks prior to the match.

Can try there, but might not be on sale yet, although I can get tickets to Scottish matches via my local referee's society (I live in Scotland now).

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
There are plenty of tickets available for the Irish and Welsh match on the respective nations ticket sites but they are all up high in the stands or on the ends behind the posts. The prices are reasonable - probably because the seats aren't great. When I check the ARU website I don't see any information or ticket availability for Aussies traveling to the game or where to get tickets. Like with the WC or Lions tour, I was hoping that there might be a different allocation of seats made available for touring supporters. Maybe I should get in touch with the ARU?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have been fortunate to see a Heineken Cup match at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, and had suggested to my friend who was buying the tickets in the first place to go for seats behind the goalposts up in the 2nd tier rather than high up on the stands on either touch line. It was perfectly good viewing from there plus there was a long covered bar behind us there.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Should McKenzie throw caution to the wind on the EOYT and bring in a new team he can call his? Eg.
Sio, Hanson, Ryan, Pyle, Carter, Cottrell, Gill, Schatz, White, To'omua, Crawford, Godwin, Kuridrani, Speight, Foley

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Should McKenzie throw caution to the wind on the EOYT and bring in a new team he can call his? Eg.
Sio, Hanson, Ryan, Pyle, Carter, Cottrell, Gill, Schatz, White, To'omua, Crawford, Godwin, Kuridrani, Speight, Foley

Sio, Hanson, Pyle, Gowin, Speight, All need a run at some time, Foley as well but his a 10 and I think To'omua is better ATM..

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd like to see Pyle, Skelton, Godwin and Speight get a run. As well as a few players that have been looked over during the RC such as Gill, Hanson, Robinson and maybe Timani if he is committing to Australian Rugby.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Stop stressing guys. I suspect an undefeated tour.

I do not think wide scale changes are going to happen. The big thing will be developing front row and lock stocks.

Props: Slipper, Robbo, Kepu, Ryan, Alexander, Sio
Hooker: Moore, Hanson, Fainga'a/TPN (fit?)
Lock: Horwill, Fardy, Carter, Pyle, Timani, Skelton
Backrow: Gill, Hooper, Mowen, McCalman, Shatz, Dennis, Kimlin
Half: Genia, White, Phipps
Flyhalf: Cooper, To'omua, Foley
Centre: Lilo, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Kuridrani, Godwin/Horne
Wing: Speight, Cummins, CFS, Betham, JOC (James O'Connor) (we are desperate)
Fullback: Folau

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'm with @No4918.

The EOYT is still test match footy. If you want to blood players or to try players out in wholesale changes, then kick Australia A into action, or play some mid week games against the likes of Munster and Barbarians.

By all means take some new blood, but only make wholesale changes if they can execute the game plan.

We have already lost the Ashes Series over there this year.

Remember ABE.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd like to see Pyle, Skelton, Godwin and Speight get a run. As well as a few players that have been looked over during the RC such as Gill, Hanson, Robinson and maybe Timani if he is committing to Australian Rugby.

Pyle and Speight are no-brainers. Skelton is way too green and if we rush him his development will be damaged, probably irrepairably. I think Godwin is still recovering from surgery.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Pyle and Speight are no-brainers. Skelton is way too green and if we rush him his development will be damaged, probably irrepairably. I think Godwin is still recovering from surgery.

Not sure of Pyle will be ready, but would love him to be. His arm is still in a sling after shoulder surgery. Still talk of Higgers being ready for your, but I'd rather he get a good off-season of preparation under his belt so he's fighting fit for 2014.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Couldn't Skelton be our version of Etsebeth? 21 years old with very little experience at test/S15 level, but immense.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Fully endorse Pyle, Skelton, Godwin and Speight assuming all fit and available. Others I'd like to see considered are Jones and Carter (Sam). Also want to see Foley as back up to To'omua at 10.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Couldn't Skelton be our version of Etsebeth? 21 years old with very little experience at test/S15 level, but immense.

I think Etzebeth is 1-2 years more physically mature than Skelton, even though they are only a few months separated in chronological age.

I'd much rather Skelton get another year, at least, in Super Rugby before we even consider doing anything more than bringing him into the wider training group.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Eben is also an outstanding line out operator and caller which had a lot to do with him getting called up so young. I don't think the intensity of high-level schoolboy rugby in South Africa hurt his development either, it's a bit kill or be killed there.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Date Opp Referee - AR1 - - - AR2 - - - TMO
-------------------------------------------------
19th NZL C.Joubert J.Peyper, S.Berry, . V.Munro
02nd ENG G.Clancy, R.Poite , D.Phillips M.Kilgore
09th ITA G.Jackson R.Poite , J.Lacey, . G.Hughes
16th IRE C.Pollock R.Poite , S.Berry, . G.Warren
23rd SCO J.Peyper, P.Gauzere F.Pastrana G.Warren
30th WAL W.Barnes, A.Rolland J.Lacey, . J.Yuille

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I like Pyle, I really do - he even played for my subbies team not so long ago - but he hasnt exactly dominated at the Rebels so how can we say he's ready for the Wallabies? Its a huge jump I'd rather ease him into.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I see Chibba Hanson's named mentioned a fair bit, is he available? He had an injury that kept him out of the Reds last few games plus University's home stretch of games.

Would love to see him get a gig though, very highly rated.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd say we don't need to blood too many players.

Props: Give Scott Sio and Paddy Ryan a game, maybe.
Hookers: Who?
Locks: Hugh Pyle, maybe Cadeyrn Neville and Sam Carter.
Backrowers: Luke Jones, Angus Cottrell.
Scrumhalves: No need.
Fly halves: No need.
Wingers: Who?
Centres: Kyle Godwin, maybe Mitch Inman.
Fullback: Who?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just had a serious look at the schedule. Only 2 weeks between AB and England tests and the coffers are so low they had to play 5 tests in a row. Players will be shagged. Suspect several blokes will be looking for a nice long break and a few could be forgiven for coming back a couple of rounds into Super Rugby - Horwill, Moore etc

Status
Not open for further replies.