• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titch

Bob McCowan (2)
If anyone has the full lineup of Aus U20 team against Samoa in the second match, could you please reply. Also the Samoan player who scored the try in the first match. Thanking you in advance.

rugby roo

Peter Burge (5)
Titch
The side swapped around a bit. But I saw Mcintyre at 10 first 40mins and Horwitz 2nd 40.Gunn played 7 first 40 and Sam Croke 2nd 40. Johnny vaux was injured and replaced ist half. I hadnt seen that standard of youngster footy for a while. The only real area they need to practice hard is receiving kickoffs. It is one of the hardest skills to master the timely lift in right position but it is now a major attack weapon for most teams.

backrowmum

Bob McCowan (2)
If anyone has the full lineup of Aus U20 team against Samoa in the second match, could you please reply. Also the Samoan player who scored the try in the first match. Thanking you in advance.

Hope this helps Titch:
1. Cameron Orr
2. Alifeti Kaitu-u...replaced at about 60 mins
3. Allan Ala'alatoa....replaced at about 50 mins
4. Matt Philip (C)
5. Tom Staniforth (VC)
6. Ross Haylett-Petty
7. Michael Gunn
8. Pat Sio
9. Joe Powell
10. Jake McIntyre
11.Brad Lacey
12. Jim Stewart
13. Andrew Kellaway
14. Tom Banks
15. Johnny Vaux

Reserves
16. David Vea
17. Rory O'Connor
18. Joel Penders
19. Lalo Fakaosilea
20. Sam Croke
21. Angus Pulver
22. David Horwitz
23. Sasa Tofilau
24. Rowan Perry
25. Andrew Deegan

Sorry, unable to help with the opposition try scorer! BRW

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Sorry, unable to help with the opposition try scorer! BRW

Don't have a name, but it was No. 14

14072820644_2a8b429320_b_d.jpg

14095045653_d1eba0c06d_b_d.jpg

Titch

Bob McCowan (2)
Almanda Motuga scored the try in the second match but I was searching the scorer for the first match and apparently #14 scored the try. Does anyone know?

T

tranquility

Look at this squad from 2011.

AUSTRALIAN UNDER 20s
Forwards: Paul Alo-Emile, Jarrad Butler, Blake Enever, Colby Fainga'a, Liam Gill, Michael Hooper, Luke Jones, Tim Metcher, Greg Peterson, JP Predaud, Eddie Quirk, Hugh Roach, Siliva Siliva, Scott Sio. Backs: James Ambrosini, Eddie Bredenhann, Joel Faulkner, Tom Kingston, Tevita Kuridrani, Apo Latunipulu, Matt Lucas, Simon Morahan, Rohan Saifoloi, Dom Shipperley, Kimami Sitauti, Ben Volavola.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
New Zealand has named their 28 man squad for the Junior World Championship. As usual it is a strong squad that will be one of the favourites to claim the trophy they last won in 2011.

There are just two players returning from the 2013 squad (Simon Hickey and Epalahame Faiva) and one player who turned out for Samoa at the 2013 edition (Mathew Peni). However, there are several talented newcomers such as 2013 NZ Schools captain Mitchell Jacobson, a number of players with ITM Cup experience and four players with SuperRugby experience – Simon Hickey, Mitchell Drummond and outside backs Tevita Li and Anton Lienert-Brown.

Players to Watch:
Simon Hickey and Tevita Li will probably be known to most as players with big wraps on them, but Hickey’s likely halves partner Mitchell Drummond is also a player to watch out for. Drummond is part of the 2014 Crusaders squad and has also spent time in the NZ Sevens environment. Wellington midfielder Jackson Garden-Bachop is sure to attract interest by virtue of his name alone; he is the son of former Otago All Black Stephen Bachop and former Black Fern Sue Garden-Bachop.

Great write up SuperGrover.

There is a player that those in Canterbury and Crusader land are watching with real interest and that is Richie Mo'unga. Another 1st 5 from the region that has real promise. With Hickey more than likely to get the 1st 5 gig given his S15 experience, Mo'unga may be shifted to 2nd 5 or even fullback.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

AUSTRALIAN UNDER 20s
Forwards: Paul Alo-Emile, Jarrad Butler, Blake Enever, Colby Fainga'a, Liam Gill, Michael Hooper, Luke Jones, Tim Metcher, Greg Peterson, JP Predaud, Eddie Quirk, Hugh Roach, Siliva Siliva, Scott Sio. Backs: James Ambrosini, Eddie Bredenhann, Joel Faulkner, Tom Kingston, Tevita Kuridrani, Apo Latunipulu, Matt Lucas, Simon Morahan, Rohan Saifoloi, Dom Shipperley, Kimami Sitauti, Ben Volavola.

One of our most talented squads ever, but so too NZ's (check that one out it's ridiculous). Shame the coaching was shit then.

Found it:

Forwards
Carl Axtens* Bay of Plenty
Dominic Bird Canterbury
Heiden Bedwell-Curtis Taranaki
Sam Cane*# Bay of Plenty
Michael Kainga Wellington
Steven Luatua* Auckland
Greg Pleasants-Tate North Harbour
Brodie Rettalick Hawke’s Bay
Solomona Sakalia* Wellington
Sefo Setefano Waikato
Brad Shields Wellington
Ben Tameifuna* Hawke’s Bay
Codie Taylor* Canterbury
Luke Whitelock^ Canterbury

Backs
Gareth Anscombe* Auckland
Beauden Barrett Taranaki
Nathan George Waikato
Rhys Llewellyn Canterbury
Waisake Naholo Taranaki
TJ Perenara*# Wellington
Charles Piutau* Auckland
Glen Robertson^ Waikato
Francis Saili* Auckland
Mitchell Scott Tasman
Lima Sopoaga* Wellington
Brad Weber Otago

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

AUSTRALIAN UNDER 20s
I think Godwin was also involved but did his shoulder and wasn't able to go.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think Godwin was also involved but did his shoulder and wasn't able to go.

Godwin had a shoulder reconstruction in 2011 after he injured it in a trial at the TG Millner ground when the Force visited Sydney pre-season. He played flyhalf that day and if there had of been a man-of-the-match he would have got it.

He wasn't involved in U20s or any other rugby that year - it was 2012 when he played U20s.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yeah - I said they needed a bit of editing didn't I?

Ross Haylett-Petty and Jack Payne also play in the second row.

Since I wrote last about the ARU squad page they have added Foketi and Lacey to the list of players covered so the comment that another player was chosen must have been made in error.

Barry Johns

Frank Row (1)

Found post from RugbyReg #319 with a match report on the first game.

Australian Under 20s 34 (Sasa Tofilau 2, Lalakai Foketi, Brad Lacey, Alifeliti Kaitu’u tries; Luke Burton 3 cons, pen) def Samoa Under 20s 5 (Nuu Nuu try)

Nuu Nuu could be the Samoan try scorer.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Burton has been called into the Force squad for there SA trip and will rejoin the squad when he gets back.

Congratulations to Burton who comes into the Force side for their game against the Stormers due to an injury to Godwin.

Hope Burton makes every post a winner and the confidence that he gains from his Super rugby experience is to the greater good of the U20s.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of our most talented squads ever, but so too NZ's (check that one out it's ridiculous). Shame the coaching was shit then.

Found it:

Forwards
Carl Axtens* Bay of Plenty
Dominic Bird Canterbury
Heiden Bedwell-Curtis Taranaki
Sam Cane*# Bay of Plenty
Michael Kainga Wellington
Steven Luatua* Auckland
Greg Pleasants-Tate North Harbour
Brodie Rettalick Hawke’s Bay
Solomona Sakalia* Wellington
Sefo Setefano Waikato
Brad Shields Wellington
Ben Tameifuna* Hawke’s Bay
Codie Taylor* Canterbury
Luke Whitelock^ Canterbury

Backs
Gareth Anscombe* Auckland
Beauden Barrett Taranaki
Nathan George Waikato
Rhys Llewellyn Canterbury
Waisake Naholo Taranaki
TJ Perenara*# Wellington
Charles Piutau* Auckland
Glen Robertson^ Waikato
Francis Saili* Auckland
Mitchell Scott Tasman
Lima Sopoaga* Wellington
Brad Weber Otago

Our backline in that tournament was

9. Perenara
10. Anscombe
11. Puitau
12. Sopoaga
13. Saili
14. Scott
15. Barrett

That was a good tournament. I remember the final was quite an intense game. I think it was Anscombe's try and conversion in the last few minutes that sealed the win.

One of the best game I remember though, that had a real test match feel, was the pool game between England and South Africa.

The OZ team did well I thought. that pool match against France was probably france's best game of hte tournament. They came out and in that first half were on fire. I think the OZ boys were a little stunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.