• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 Under-20 Rugby World Championships - Manchester UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I only watched part of the game but I see HJ awarded Mack Mason MOTM, makes a big difference when playing behind a forward pack going forward and getting front foot service.

Agree that our strongest combination will be:

10- Mason
12- Tuipolutu
13- Magnay

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done, boys!!!

I only watched part of the game but I see HJ awarded Mack Mason MOTM, makes a big difference when playing behind a forward pack going forward and getting front foot service.

10- Mason
12- Tuipolutu
13- Magnay

And Magnay almost switched to League!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
IMO one of the biggest workers ( if you get a chance to review the game again) was #7 Liam Wright, he was everywhere pilfering, stealing line out balls and tackling. Great game by the wirey character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

10- Mason
12- Tuipolutu
13- Magnay

What a load of crock. Tuipolutu has looked a whole lot better at 13 than Magnay, and has been streets ahead when given the chance at Super level. Last night's backline was much more effective than Tuesday's, and I fail to see any compelling reason to change it. I know it doesn't go down well with most posters here, but Jooste appeared to make the most linebreaks, off loads and metres gained and he was directly opposed to Barrett who had a sensational game on Tuesday. On another related matter, Fowler's service at half back was light years in improvement over Tuesday's efforts as well.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
What a load of crock. Tuipolutu has looked a whole lot better at 13 than Magnay, and has been streets ahead when given the chance at Super level. Last night's backline was much more effective than Tuesday's, and I fail to see any compelling reason to change it. I know it doesn't go down well with most posters here, but Jooste appeared to make the most linebreaks, off loads and metres gained and he was directly opposed to Barrett who had a sensational game on Tuesday. On another related matter, Fowler's service at half back was light years in improvement over Tuesday's efforts as well.
Jooste is not a centre, he played well last night but he is not a centre. He needs to play 5/8 or fullback and at this stage would be a good inclusion on the bench.

T

TOCC

Jooste is not a centre, he played well last night but he is not a centre. He needs to play 5/8 or fullback and at this stage would be a good inclusion on the bench.

Yep I see him as providing good versatility from the bench, primarily as reserve 5/8 and fullback. Would allow for a 5/2 split in the JWC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sorry BR I forgot you have now watched 2 games with these players and your opinion is final..

Yeah, well it is my opinion and I think it is well based on last night's game, which I might remind people was a win against the previously unbeaten (by ua) NZ side, not one of the other provinces in this country.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So we've seen two games v The Darkness, had some athletes return from Team Rehab, as well as a few take their place in Team Rehab.

Who are the 28 to go to Manchester?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^That'd save a bit on airfares and accommodation.

Like the old story about the supporters telegram to the NZ Rugby Team at the 95 RWC. "Remember rugby is a team game. All 14 of you should pass the ball to Jonah!"

Johns

Stan Wickham (3)
3. Lomax
4. Rodda
5. Lukhan
6. Scott-Young
7. Wright
8. Fox
9. Tuttle
10. Mason
11. Fittock
12. Tuipulotu
13. Magnay
15. Maddocks

19. McCauley
21. Fowler
22. Jooste

Based on the two games vs NZ I would think the above accounted for themselves well(plus the 3 Super players). The front row all seemed to do their job at the set piece so I can't see many changes there, I find it hard to differentiate between them outside of Lomax who I think had the most presence around the park.

Mac Jones is captain though so will be hard to move. Fox may stay a benchie but I thought he was outstanding yesterday, and having a pure 7 in Wright gave a better balance. To be fair I haven't seen a tonne of Jones so I'm sure he deserves a starting spot as well but just on that tournament I liked that back row.

Kennewell would have his nose in front for that starting wing spot if no one else I'm missing is due back.

T

TOCC

3. Lomax
4. Rodda
5. Lukhan
6. Scott-Young
7. Wright
8. Fox
9. Tuttle
10. Mason
11. Fittock
12. Tuipulotu
13. Magnay
15. Maddocks

19. McCauley
21. Fowler
22. Jooste

Possibly Izaia Perese at 14, depends how his rehab is going

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's good to see a dominant scrum. The Qld scrum was dominant with Tupou at THP during the series, so I was worried how we'd go without Tupou being available. Nice to see that we can dominant NZ at scrum time. How we go in the world cup will be interesting.

It'll be surprising if Tui, Magnay and Tuttle don't go straight back into starting side, even given that Jooste had a good game.

Johns

Stan Wickham (3)
Game 1 I didn't think much of either winger but not an outside back's game.

Fittock was really good yesterday I thought. He seems like a footballer rather than just an athlete. Made some great decisions in defence and put his body on the line impressively.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Fowler spending the rest of the season back in clubland. Our first win over the Blacks since anyone can remember and he is told the next day he will not be required for the tour. Nepotism still rules !

Status
Not open for further replies.