• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 Under-20 Rugby World Championships - Manchester UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
Australia v Scotland won't be televised because the game is being played at a venue without TV facilities.

@Braveheart81, this story below says the Aust v Scotland re-match is on at AJ Bell stadium again and televised. Is this wrong?

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/06/16/13/27/aussie-u20s-out-for-scottish-retribution

"Australia will face Scotland at AJ Bell Stadium next Monday, June 20, kick-off at 7:45pm. The match will be televised in Australia LIVE on Fox Sports 2, Channel 502, from 4:45am on Tuesday morning."

Edit: all I can find in Foxtel is SF#1, SF#3 and 5th place NZL v Wales. Looks like Braveheart might be right...! :(

9eb04ec9ca653e02e9501527c8cd55ee.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Faalelei Sione
2. Jordan Uelese
3. Tyrel Lomax
4. Lukhan Tui
5. Izack Rodda
6. Rob Leota
7. Liam Wright
8. Maclean Jones
9. James Tuttle (C)
10. Mack Mason
11. Liam McNamara
12. Sione Tuipulotu
13. Liam Jurd
14. Campbell Magnay
15. Jack Maddocks
RESERVES

16. Ed Craig
17. Richie Asiata
18. Shambackler Vui
19. Harry Hockings
20. Angus Scott-Young
21. Harry Nucifora
22. Jordan Jackson-Hope
23. Simon Kennewell

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
15. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)
14. Robbie Nairn (Harlequins)
13. Tom Galbraith (Melrose)
12. Matt McPhillips (Currie)
11. Ben Robbins (Currie)
10. Adam Hastings (Bath Rugby)
9. Hugh Fraser (Heriot’s)

1. Murray McCallum (Heriot’s)
2. Lewis Anderson (Ayr)
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)
4. Callum Hunter-Hill (Stirling County)
5. Scott Cummings CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors)
6. Lewis Wynne (Stirling County)
7. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh Rugby)
8. Ally Miller (Melrose)

Substitutes
16. Fraser Renwick (Hawick)
17. Dan Elkington (Melrose)
18. Callum Sheldon (Leeds Beckett University)
19. Alex Craig (Hartpury College)
20. Scott Burnside (Boroughmuir)
21. Charlie Shiel (Currie)
22. Cameron Gray (Currie)
23. Reuben Norville (Hartpury College)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Harry Chapman (NSW) has also been flown over as part of Hugh's Law reinforcements.

Josh Taylor not named in the 23, so looks as if he has been tapped on the shoulder by Team Rehab Selectors. That may explain why he has had limited match time so far.

Vunipola Fifita has also been left out of the 23. Perhaps he joins Taylor in Team Rehab with Chapman flown in to cover him.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Nice to see that the Aus selectors took my advice and played the forward boppers and Magnay on the wing.

Wow - they are starting both of their tight-head locks and Leota at 6; which will mean power in a narrow game if they can last a while as a trio. Not the most mobile of blokes getting around the park though.

Was disappointed in the bonehead play of Magnay which denied us his services in the first game and may have been influential in that Scotland loss, however much they deserved the win. Not that our senior team is any better in that regard.

This is an U20 comp that we should have done well in because I don't think the standard is as high as in other years - though don't say that to Ireland and Argentina.

The Kiwis are on a down year, the B.Boks lost to Argentina who are usually about the same level as us, if that - and the Poms were no great shakes making the semis, or in beating us to get there.

Its another coulda, shoulda World U20 event for us and it looks like we will be making the finals only in an exceptional year hereafter.

Fifth this year, as last, will be a huge result now.

PS - I am glad that Ed Craig will get a chance in the Aussie U20s, though not the circumstances which led to it. I thought he would make his mark earlier this year; it wasn't to be, but now that he has a shot I hope he can play as well as he did for Eastwood in a couple of the TV games I have seen this year.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Now Georgia has won, and playing off for 9th and 10th not for the wooden spoon and elimination, they won the right to host the next year's event.

Be interesting how Italy and Japan go in last place play off on Saturday for them to avoid getting kicked out of next year's comp...I feel after showing what they could do v France just then, then they have a shout against Italy.

B

Bobby Sands

Now Georgia has won, and playing off for 9th and 10th not for the wooden spoon and elimination, they won the right to host the next year's event.

Be interesting how Italy and Japan go in last place play off on Saturday for them to avoid getting kicked out of next year's comp.I feel after showing what they could do v France just then, then they have a shout against Italy.

Italy have zero rugby IQ, they will never play the game naturally. Sad, but true. Georgia, Romania, Japan etc will go past them very soon.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Oz lets in a soft try thru the fringe of ruck to allow Scots draw level 7 all after a bright start by us

Status
Not open for further replies.