• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 TV ratings and crowd figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
There main aim is to get on FTA and not bury the sport.

They plan to build their code over time.

They are already on FTA though. Their main aim was to secure a deal with a major network for big $$$.

ABC is not the worst option, and as you say I'd love to see rugby there too.

I think this shows that the Big Bash juggernaut (combined with the big NRL/AFL deals) is making it really hard for other sports to get a seat at the FTA table. There just isn't enough cash to go around.

Reactions: mst

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Channel Ten might be bankrupt too. One player out of the game. Details from their earning a report next week

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
@MediaweekAUS: Sat STV #SuperRugby #FoxSports
#FORvCHI 51k
#CRUvSTO 37k
#HIGvSUN 28k

Sydney AFL derby was on
228k Fox + 600k FTA=828k
Just in Sydney 45k Fox + 73k FTA=118k

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
That surprises me that 'only' 118k in Sydney tuned in for that. Rugby would like that number but I thought it would have been more. 710k from outside Sydney is interesting.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The city breakdowns are always interesting. We don't get them for rugby cause we never rate anywhere near high enough, but the Sydney/Melbourne League/AFL still rings very true, at least on Fox.

It's always interesting to see how bad the league does in Perth. Like 1k bad (which is literally one person turned the channel on by mistake for 1 minute)

T

TOCC

Attachments

• IMG_5335.JPG
    IMG_5335.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: BAR

half

Alan Cameron (40)
I think this shows that the Big Bash juggernaut (combined with the big NRL/AFL deals) is making it really hard for other sports to get a seat at the FTA table. There just isn't enough cash to go around.

I think thats very true, I have followed the A-League negotiations in detail with a view to whats possible for rugby. Its scary outside as you mentioned cricket, AFL, NRL and I would add tennis and super V8's what other codes will have to do to get a decent deal.

Given the current Super Rugby re-negotiation with Fox my fear is it could get ugly.

As you have correctly pointed out about the size of the A-League deal.

The following is from last week and when the three week finals are added will no doubt increase and our recent history of ratings falling off towards the latter part of the Super Rugby season the following is not good reading. Its from Wookie's site. Remember it does not include this weeks ratings.

Cumulative Updates
  • The A-league 2016-17 H&A Season on Fox has finished up 11% to 8.545 million at an average of 64,000 per game.
  • Highest rating A-league matches – #1 R1 Syd/WS derby 142k. #2 R2 – Vic v City 132k #3 R1 – Roar v City 129k. (Rec 188k Syd derby R2 2014-15)
  • 2016-17 HAL Fri night metro FTA ave up 18% to 64k (1/3rd of friday nights no FTA rating reported). Roar v Victory R1 top with 118k.
Super Rugby

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just a bit of corporate tomfoolery aimed at getting the BBL onto Nein.

I'd rather it go the other way TBH. All Australian tests, ODIs, T20s, CWC, World T20, ICC Champs, BBL, Ryobi Cup, Sheffield Shield highlights, Bill Lawry & Ian Chappell onto C10. Move Rugby, Gordon Bray & motorsport on to SBS

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
@MediaweekAUS: Sat TV #SuperRugby #FoxSports
#REDvWAR 84k
#CHIvSUN 40k
#FORvLIO 32k

Fri night
Highlander v Stormers 43k

Force game is disappointing. You couldn't ask for a better lead in

Status
Not open for further replies.