• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gee, some of the Rebels U/20s backs look very promising. Tackling by the Force U/20s was seriously lacking at times. Also the decision making by the Force U/20s at times was poor.
9 & 10 positions are going to be a hard choice for the selectors.
Jack McGreggor
Liam Moseley
Nick Jooste
Harry Nucifora
Harrison Goddard
Theo Strang
Spoilt for choice but I'd hate to be the one choosing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
9 & 10 positions are going to be a hard choice for the selectors.
Jack McGreggor
Liam Moseley
Nick Jooste
Harry Nucifora
Harrison Goddard
Theo Strang
Spoilt for choice but I'd hate to be the one choosing.

I think McGreggor stands out as 10 , he seems the only genuine 5/8 but 9s from every team have all put their hands up. Strange was also impressive as a 10

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I think McGreggor stands out as 10 , he seems the only genuine 5/8 but 9s from every team have all put their hands up. Strange was also impressive as a 10

No I think Stewart at the moment pips him at the post. That said I think McGregor will be there as I think the halves will be nucifora and strang

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)

You're right Silverado, he is the only thinking 10 at the moment but also he has the whole package that the other 10's don't have.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
No I think Stewart at the moment pips him at the post. That said I think McGregor will be there as I think the halves will be nucifora and strang

I disagree with you Sage, McGreggor is a much better distributor of the ball. Have a look at the footage. The quality ball the backline received got the ball wide and we saw some exiting running rugby a bit like the Safa's and the kiwi's are playing.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I disagree with you Sage, McGreggor is a much better distributor of the ball. Have a look at the footage. The quality ball the backline received got the ball wide and we saw some exiting running rugby a bit like the Safa's and the kiwi's are playing.

Yes against a deprived and somewhat deflated opposition he did look good. Against qld that wasn't so much the case and the pressure of that game he wasn't able to control the game as well.

What do u think will happen when they play the young English welsh or kiwis for that matter;?do u think the pressure will be lesser?

Still on Stewart at this stage; his positional kicking game has been the best and started to see glimpses of his distribution last week. In test match rugby, safety is first then the flarey stuff.

Some of that wide passing was done by the 12 & 14, so it wasn't all mcgreggor. I won't take away that he had a good game, but want to see the pressure on him again before he gets my no 1 spot.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Are the Rebel and Force U20 players home grown?
Rebels recruited well, 9 and 19 Goddard and McGregor from nsw and they signed Maddox from last year who is playing up. Qld followers can fill you in on their exports. I believe the Force is much more local which might be reflective in the results but good luck to them if they choose to showcase their own.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Still on Stewart at this stage; his positional kicking game has been the best and started to see glimpses of his distribution last week.

That would make him a great 12 don't you think?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rebels recruited well, 9 and 19 Goddard and McGregor from nsw and they signed Maddox from last year who is playing up. Qld followers can fill you in on their exports. I believe the Force is much more local which might be reflective in the results but good luck to them if they choose to showcase their own.

Qld'ers at the Rebels are, Hayden Sargent (14), Jack Farrel (7), Emmanuel Meafou-Latu (4) & Twaina Tualima ( injured).

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Are the Rebel and Force U20 players home grown?
Ah from the qld point of view, the rebels have

4 manny meafou-Latu - brothers
7 jack Farrell -Souths
14 Hayden sergeant - bond Uni
15 semisi tupou - Nudgee college

There may be one more, others may know.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Yes against a deprived and somewhat deflated opposition he did look good. Against qld that wasn't so much the case and the pressure of that game he wasn't able to control the game as well.

What do u think will happen when they play the young English welsh or kiwis for that matter;?do u think the pressure will be lesser?

Still on Stewart at this stage; his positional kicking game has been the best and started to see glimpses of his distribution last week. In test match rugby, safety is first then the flarey stuff.

Some of that wide passing was done by the 12 & 14, so it wasn't all mcgreggor. I won't take away that he had a good game, but want to see the pressure on him again before he gets my no 1 spot.

Agree Stewart is good but he's playing with a very dominant forward pack. McGregor coming of a season ending ACL injury for NSW in trial last year and was a bit rusty against Reds. He's been there before as an Australian Schoolboy for 2 years 1 as captain. That's not a total endorsement for future success but he's played at a high level. 2 more games to go and he has to perform in those, but I just like the way he gets things done. Gen Blue would have been a tough task if we didn't lose him.

Sorry, Reece Hewitt was captain the second year

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree Stewart is good but he's playing with a very dominant forward pack. McGregor coming of a season ending ACL injury for NSW in trial last year and was a bit rusty against Reds. He's been there before as an Australian Schoolboy for 2 years 1 as captain. That's not a total endorsement for future success but he's played at a high level. 2 more games to go and he has to perform in those, but I just like the way he gets things done. Gen Blue would have been a tough task if we didn't lose him.

Sorry, Reece Hewitt was captain the second year

Again I agree with what your saying Silverado. However think back to those test matches in 2015; McGregor was in the first team and Stewart was in the ba ba's.

For mine (and for whatever reason or whatever happened, as I don't know, it's just one of those rugby quirks) the ba ba side had a much superior results and played better as a team. Why I don't know, but McGregor didn't have time and didn't have the scope that he enjoys today. Stewart did play better and directed better imho. And I think that still holds today and I have to follow the rugby quirk; either way a Scotsman descendent will hold the position ;)

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Again I agree with what your saying Silverado. However think back to those test matches in 2015; McGregor was in the first team and Stewart was in the bar bars.

For mine (and for whatever reason or whatever happened, as I don't know) the bar bar side had a much superior results and played better as a team. Why I don't know, but McGregor didn't have time and didn't have the scope that he enjoys today. Stewart did play better and directed better imho. And I think that still holds today; either way a Scotsman descendent will hold the position ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.