• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Oh my, Qld are looking good but NSW are looking very flat. I like Stewart at 10, hope 15 is OK- he looks sharp. 12 is strong.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Qld way too good on the day. Comprehensive victory - they looked sharp. NSW needs some mongrel. Hankies have been issued but for all the poor old supporters. Long bus ride home......Can we recruit Brad Thorn?

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
36-10 FT. Bit of a disappointing effort. My U14 was asking why gen blue were standing so flat in attack. Qld gave them no time, even worse when the forwards thought they were backs. Too slow to the breakdown. From the mouths of babes.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Oh my, Qld are looking good but NSW are looking very flat. I like Stewart at 10, hope 15 is OK- he looks sharp. 12 is strong.

NSW looked flat after a 40min trip to Woolongong. If they flew to Brisbane this morning they would have been ready for bed about 20 mins into the game. It seems lee Grant lost the song sheet last week when he said the Gen Blue team hasn't reached their expected level. Its good the coaches and commentators are still singing the same tunes.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Qld way too good on the day. Comprehensive victory - they looked sharp. NSW needs some mongrel. Hankies have been issued but for all the poor old supporters. Long bus ride home..Can we recruit Brad Thorn?

Agreed RM2 ..
Mongrel seriously lacking!, speed and sense of urgency close 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sidelineview

The NSW lineouts in the first half didnt go to plan. They gave Qld possession and robbed NSW of the chance to build momentum.
Too many basic mistakes from NSW.
Outclassed by much better team on.the day.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Qld way too good on the day. Comprehensive victory - they looked sharp. NSW needs some mongrel. Hankies have been issued but for all the poor old supporters. Long bus ride home..Can we recruit Brad Thorn?

Ah no. And whilst he is a great mentor/coach, it's the boys on the paddock who do the hard yards and execute.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
If you're correct and QLD will try and run their top line for majority of the game then Gen blu will struggle to match. Apart from Holmes in front pack some struggle to maintain quality after first 40. Surprised more changes weren't made with gen blu just getting over line in first two matches.still have quality players sitting in squad members not yet used. QLd by 15

apparently a little insecurity is good to focus the attention ......

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Qld way too good and should dominate team selections.any thoughts?

absolutely, you would think ARU selectors may have access to more in depth info and would have been watching a lot more than those of us following one team. from the Cron interview posted recently the trails aren't bound by this competition.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Good feedback guys, sorry haven't been involved. Well I hope NSW have enuf points to make the finals but they need work in a few areas. Lineouts for starters cost them turnovers , 10 had no tactical kicking game, maybe that was the gameplan but you gotta make ground as Stewart did, NSW forwards overworked just to make 5 metres. Reds were very strong. Wright lead from the front, was good to see Hewart back after so long recovery. Stewart controlled the game well with Hunt and Ngamanu adding some sting! Be interesting to see how many Reds go through to higher honours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
My bad, the chefs served them beef carpaccio with a few cornichons and a smattering of oil instead of the hormone laden raw meat sprinkled with some cement....

Status
Not open for further replies.