• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Both Uni's have recruited well with 14 players between them in the Qld u20's plus 3 Bond players in the Rebels u20 (Hayden Sargent) and Force u20 (Ben Grant & Lachie Currie). Good breeding ground for their player development program. The stronger you recruit, the better your program I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't know the Force released an U20 squad. Do you have a link?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Western Force U20s team to play NSW Gen Blue U20s Saturday February 25, from 3:00PM AEDT Kippax Oval, Sydney

1. Victor Harris
2. Sama Malola
3. Shambeckler Vui
4. Hendricus Van Der Hayden
5. Ben Grant
6. Brody Macaskill
7. Evan Stafford
8. Tevita Akolo
9. Rory O'Sullivan
10. Anthony Hondros
11. Matthew Lander
12. Jordan Holgate
13. Will Latu
14. Trey Moloney
15. Clay Uyen
Reserves

16. Lorenzo Mario
17. Seti Kaufononga
18. Tahere Reha
19. Lachlan Currie
20. Sosifa Likio
21. Michael McDonald
22. Naude Wessels
23. Jacob Cowley

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Top of the morning to you all, Reds scraped home last nite so let's see how their future prospects perform today. Weather conditions are good, full strength side, good grounds, what more can you ask for?, oh yeah, A WIN!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Is anyone writing up the game @Lee Grant? I'm here all set up for the UQ v Sydney Uni and could knock something small together for the U20s

EDIT: Filed.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
27 -13 to the Reds at the half. quite a strong wind favouring Qld in the first half. intercept pass by McIntyre with the Rebs on attack didn't help. Rebs llok good but Reds better esp forwards

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Western Force U20s team to play NSW Gen Blue U20s Saturday February 25, from 3:00PM AEDT Kippax Oval, Sydney

1. Victor Harris
2. Sama Malola
3. Shambeckler Vui
4. Hendricus Van Der Hayden
5. Ben Grant
6. Brody Macaskill
7. Evan Stafford
8. Tevita Akolo
9. Rory O'Sullivan
10. Anthony Hondros
11. Matthew Lander
12. Jordan Holgate
13. Will Latu
14. Trey Moloney
15. Clay Uyen
Reserves

16. Lorenzo Mario
17. Seti Kaufononga
18. Tahere Reha
19. Lachlan Currie
20. Sosifa Likio
21. Michael McDonald
22. Naude Wessels
23. Jacob Cowley

Cheers Lee. I had seen this one, but I thought they would announce the wider squad. Bit disappointed we are bringing in others from outside, but I guess we lost two to the Reds and Brumbies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well here we go. ARU using Facebook live to show the Tahs v Force under 20s game right now.

180 people currently watching.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone have a livestream link to u20s REDS/Rebels?
Watched the Reds game.
No ball players in the back line yet great wingers.
They have gone for size but the ball never makes it to the wingers.
Massive overlaps but no one ever had the ability to grasp the opportunity.
Size is good but brains are better.
My humble views but at present the side is very one dimentional

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Watched the Reds game.
No ball players in the back line yet great wingers.
They have gone for size but the ball never makes it to the wingers.
Massive overlaps but no one ever had the ability to grasp the opportunity.
Size is good but brains are better.
My humble views but at present the side is very one dimentional
Agreed the ball hardly ever made it past 10. If he didn't run it he kicked it. Who is their attack coach? There was only one combination run that I could see with #14 running the switch. The Force were running better combinations against NSW. If Thorn is the attack coach he may want to get some help. The forwards were pretty good though. Happy for the win.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Exciting game NSW v Force but wet conditions and wind caused a lot of mistakes from both teams and when one went ahead the other side was able to get back in from dropped ball.

THP Shambeckler Vui a standout for the Force - his coach told me he is convinced he is Super Rugby material and I think he is right.

Are there any sites where you can watch the game afterwards anybody know? I'm trying to do a blog but the rain got on my notes and it's like reading the Rosetta stone.

Could fake it I suppose - wouldn't be the first time.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Agreed the ball hardly ever made it past 10. If he didn't run it he kicked it. Who is their attack coach? There was only one combination run that I could see with #14 running the switch. The Force were running better combinations against NSW. If Thorn is the attack coach he may want to get some help. The forwards were pretty good though. Happy for the win.

They played field position for 100% of the game and had a near-faultless strike rate from inside the red zone, at least in the first half, plus Hunter Paisami shut down a few promising wide attacks by racing out of the line. At 30-13 who could complain?

I hear the Reds are very close to signing Hockings but I don't know how they'll ever be able to squeeze Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Tui, Rodda AND Hockings into the same squad.

Good problem to have - Hockings might be the best lineout jumper I've seen. Incredible handling skills from a springy 203cm-er.

I wouldn't complain if he's the long-term replacement for Simmons, paired with Rodda and Lukhan Tui coming off the bench.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
IMO, to get a win and play scrappy rugby ain't that bad. If they get their combos rolling in the next few games, Well I read HTC comment on the 10. I was talking up the Lucas boy in the trials last week however IMO as I have just seen the live stream, Hamlish Stewart kicked some ball however in his defence, they were clinical and tactical kicking. 80% of them found its purpose. I can't blame him for scrapy back play. Maybe they just need to gel over time. Forwards were dominant, especially in lineouts. Give the guys a chance, they be fine .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Reds U20 v Rebels U20 yesterday:

Flickr or Facebook

Plus a couple here

33065111576_866456999c_c_d.jpg

32980158751_d7a5c3f3a6_c_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.