• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Australian lost this through poor game management and intent on playing a game plan which was to spread the ball wide to the backs

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Congrats Scotland, they played with smarts.

The only positive I can come with this is that this will pile that little bit more pressure on the ARU for change

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Commentators and Aussie players complaining.

Referee specifically comments that they're both holding each other.

So: don't grab onto your opposite 5 metres out from your line.

Absolutely fantastic result, from a squad that I thought was our weakest since 2013 prior to the start of this tournament.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well done Scotland good persistence to win that one; worried the more favoured Aussies out of that one.

For the Aussie way too many mistakes and back to the flustered pattern we saw in the Oceania cup. Not taking away from Scotland, but possibly our worst game with our no1 players on the park.

2 from 2 for Scotland up the rung they should go in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)

Absolutely fantastic result, from a squad that I thought was our weakest since 2013 prior to the start of this tournament.

Good call the ref IMO - Showcasing the benefit of having refs who were ex-elite players

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Fagerson? Played 7 today but had been no8 is an absolute star. Hopefully gets a run for the warriors this year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fagerson? Played 7 today but had been no8 is an absolute star. Hopefully gets a run for the warriors this year.
Fagerson needs to fix up his hands in contact, but is otherwise an ideal 8.

Has another year at this level, but should transition to being up there with Magnus Bradbury as number 8 options post Strauss/Wilson.

Little bit of money and structural investment goes a long way. Best thing is that to 3 or so years ago, we've always looked like having 2 or 3 Internationals and 7 or 8 pros in an age group. These days it looks more like 5 or 6 Internationals and a dozen or more pros.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Fuck we deserved better. Scotland with some Shit boring rugby and how the hell some of those scrums weren't aussie penalties I don't know.

Some would say Scotland used the wind better though.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.