• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
you must be a creative accountant too
Thanks Lou

Actually no. 10k is in line with my view after being to 90% of Rebels games based on the crowd locations and in and out of the ground. Definitely more than almost any game from last year but well down on any prior year. Of course, if the Rebels had been lying every game historically then I’m going to be way out.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Here is a photo from the Tahs game from where I was it ting. Not that bad
7298B314-D12D-4A29-8D6C-0A15D05BE84F.jpeg

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Wasn’t great but not as bad as some misleading photos on social media. My guess on the night about 13,000

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
They are actually pretty good viewer numbers in comparison to previous years. I would think fox are happy with that. Some good noise in the crowd last night. Crowd numbers will increase but only slowly i think.

Blind Freddy

Bob McCowan (2)
Are ratings available to show how viewers there are in each of NZ, AU, SA for games played in each country.

On Saturday, for instance, how many viewers in NZ, AU, SA watched the NZ derby; how many watched the game in Sydney and how many watched say the Bulls v Hurricanes game? (SA teams in each game which will add a slant).

Does the number of total viewers watching AU games stand up to those viewing games in NZ or SA? The timezones will no doubt have a big impact.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
88k for Tahs. A league just in the 30k

Those A-League ratings are bloody dire. Don't even have the BBL to use as an excuse for them. Considering that it was for a SA team 88k is actually pretty good. An average of 80k for the two Aus home games. Hopefully we can keep that average going. Will be helped if the teams perform.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
They are actually pretty good viewer numbers in comparison to previous years. I would think fox are happy with that. Some good noise in the crowd last night. Crowd numbers will increase but only slowly i think.

I think the Reds would have big concerns over crowd numbers.

It will be easy to blame the loss on a red and yellow card but there was no sign of anything to suggest that with 15 players they would have challenged for a win.

Personally I think the Rebels will win the conference but many had them coming third. To look so out of touch with the basic skills of passing, catching and kicking against a team that is only third best in the conference is a worry and given the Sunwolves form I think only die hard fans will pay good money to attend a game live.

NRL will attempt to drive the Reds to the wall and Peter Beattie will talk up a new Brisbane team to keep attention on NRL and away from the Reds. He is a media smart administrator who will chip away at Rugby without the public realising he is attacking them.

Beattie is a major concern for the Rugby Australia and I hope they realise this.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Those A-League ratings are bloody dire. Don't even have the BBL to use as an excuse for them. Considering that it was for a SA team 88k is actually pretty good. An average of 80k for the two Aus home games. Hopefully we can keep that average going. Will be helped if the teams perform.

Tis very interesting for us those A-League numbers. Soccer is in a state of a toxic civil war with FIFA coming over to try to fix.

It can only go two ways the civil war continues until the A-League folds or they get their act together.

Can they recover and what they do to recover will be worth watching if for no other reason than to see what not to do.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
The 3 wins, should increase our ratings next week.

I think our rating will recover this year by how much I am not sure but my guess is between 15 & 20% on last year.

However this will mask that four sides are not enough.

The interesting stat will be the ages of those watching we need younger people in. Lets hope we get them.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^^^ The Tahs game on Saturday night was filled with kids/teens. The photo in post #62 was representative of the night. You’d expect that to be reflected at home.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The 3 wins, should increase our ratings next week.

I think our rating will recover this year by how much I am not sure but my guess is between 15 & 20% on last year.

However this will mask that four sides are not enough.

The interesting stat will be the ages of those watching we need younger people in. Lets hope we get them.
Ratings will be up this year, but how much is real, and how much is just not having 9:30pm WA games on the books remains to be seen

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Tis very interesting for us those A-League numbers. Soccer is in a state of a toxic civil war with FIFA coming over to try to fix.

It can only go two ways the civil war continues until the A-League folds or they get their act together.

Can they recover and what they do to recover will be worth watching if for no other reason than to see what not to do.

Their solution to the issues they are experiencing is to expand from 10 teams to 12. Stretching their already limited base even further. If they continue to go down that path then they are cooked. Pretty sure the SS had better figures last season than the A-League is witnessing.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Their solution to the issues they are experiencing is to expand from 10 teams to 12. Stretching their already limited base even further. If they continue to go down that path then they are cooked. Pretty sure the SS had better figures last season than the A-League is witnessing.

The 12 team thing is what Lowy's wants to do. Many in the other camp want expansion to 14 to 16 teams with a second division.

Its a very interesting case study in that its become so toxic with both sides totally miss trusting the other it could bring the A-League down.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
The 5800 crowd estimate for reds v rebels on the night - how did they get it so wrong when there was clearly 10k?

I’ve ordered a 1 tonne bulk bag of popcorn for this season!!

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
The crowd for the Tahs game was 11700k which seems about right. A few more wins/performances should bring a few more. I have decided to drag extra mates to the every game even if I have to pay for tickets myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.