• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2021 Buildcorp Super W Season

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As most things in this time of COVID, the tournament didn't go as planned. But here's the wash up. Finals on Satuday.

Finals Schedule:

Melbourne Rebels v Brumbies, Saturday 3 July 9:00am AEST, C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour

President’s XV v Super W Select, Saturday 3 July 11:00am AEST, C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour

NSW Waratahs v Queensland Reds, Saturday 3 July 1:30pm AEST, C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour

Buildcorp Super W Select invitational team made up of non-playing squad members from the other teams, plus a cohort of local talent from Regional NSW.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is John Manenti looking for a gig?

He'd be good for the role but assuming the 7s World Series returns next year, I'd imagine that is a better coaching role as far as Rugby Australia and remuneration is concerned. Wallaroos coach is surely part time (sadly).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He'd be good for the role but assuming the 7s World Series returns next year, I'd imagine that is a better coaching role as far as Rugby Australia and remuneration is concerned. Wallaroos coach is surely part time (sadly).

RWC year next year could be an inducement. And let's see how our women go at the Olympics before committing him further in that role

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
RWC year next year could be an inducement. And let's see how our women go at the Olympics before committing him further in that role

True story on both counts.

I don't have high hope for our women. We're an outside shot at a medal in my view and a medal of any colour will be a good result.

We've well and truly come back to the pack with the increased professionalism from the other top sides and we really haven't replaced our top players.

Our returning players from 2016 are arguably all worse than they were then and we certainly haven't replaced Quirk, Cherry and Green with players that are as good or better.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
True story on both counts.

I don't have high hope for our women. We're an outside shot at a medal in my view and a medal of any colour will be a good result.

We've well and truly come back to the pack with the increased professionalism from the other top sides and we really haven't replaced our top players.

Our returning players from 2016 are arguably all worse than they were then and we certainly haven't replaced Quirk, Cherry and Green with players that are as good or better.

Ashby is a gun and will be the leader of this team very soon. Has overtaken Caslick in the playmaker department but not nearly as good on defence.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
National training squad announced post-tournament. New coach being sourced, so they will train in their states for the time being.

"Players will train with squad mates in their selected PONI groups over the next two months back in their states, alongside fulfilling club rugby commitments. The state-based program will be managed centrally by Rugby Australia, supported by staff from each state. "

Buildcorp Wallaroos Player of National Interest Squad
*Denotes new addition into squad

Iliseva Batibasaga - NSW Waratahs
Destiny Brill - Queensland Reds*
Emily Chancellor - NSW Waratahs
Bree-Anna Cheatham - Queensland Reds
Georgia Cormick - Melbourne Rebels
Lori Cramer - NSW Waratahs
Piper Duck - NSW Waratahs
Anita Faimasui-Brown - NSW Waratahs
Georgina Friedrichs - NSW Waratahs
Aleena Greenhalgh - Queensland Reds
Grace Hamilton - NSW Waratahs
Fiona Jones - NSW Waratahs
Eva Karpani - NSW Waratahs
Grace Kemp - Brumbies
Atasi Lafai - NSW Waratahs
Kaitlan Leaney - NSW Waratahs*
Michaela Leonard – Brumbies
Lucy Lockhart - Queensland Reds
Ashley Marsters - Melbourne Rebels
Lillyann Mason-Spice – Brumbies
Jemima McCalman – President’s XV
Arabella McKenzie - NSW Waratahs
Tiarah Minns - Melbourne Rebels
Tiarna Molloy - Queensland Reds*
Layne Morgan - NSW Waratahs
Mahalia Murphy - NSW Waratahs
Sera Naiqama - NSW Waratahs
Bridie O'Gorman - NSW Waratahs
Siokapesi Palu – Brumbies*
Liz Patu - Queensland Reds
Pauline Piliae - NSW Waratahs
Christina Sekona - Queensland Reds
Cecilia Smith - Queensland Reds
Tayla Stanford - Brumbies
Maya Stewart - NSW Waratahs
Adiana Talakai - NSW Waratahs
Jade Te Aute - Melbourne Rebels*
Margot Vella - NSW Waratahs*
Melanie Wilks - Queensland Reds*
Ivania Wong - Queensland Reds*

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Unfortunate the Force girls had to pull out.

The Super W is so short. This is why I'd love an NRC womens.

A couple of Newcastle girls I payed with/against were in the Prezos team I was stoked to see them beat the Brumbies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Unfortunate the Force girls had to pull out.

The Super W is so short. This is why I'd love an NRC womens.

A couple of Newcastle girls I payed with/against were in the Prezos team I was stoked to see them beat the Brumbies.

I'm hoping that when it reverts back to the home and away format next season I'm hoping they retain the President XV alongside introducing the Fijiana.