• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I would be very interested to see Arnolds stats in the top14 in comparison to his peers. He's been quite anonymous and our lineouts been quite shite.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No need for anyone to get excited, means nothing until the end, so I not sure what problem is, they have to have a scoring system, and this is it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I wonder if they might rest ScoBar (his workload has been big) and run Akira at 6 (given how well he went vs Wallabies last year), Whitelock and Retallick at lock and Vaai off the pine. Sotutu must play 8 otherwise what's he doing in the squad.
I would think unfortunately they may pick Sotutu, personally I am a fan of Jacobson ahead of him though, think he adds more to what they want in test rugby. Just an opinion, but his defence is probably going to be needed if Akira is at 6, who tends to be a slightly wider attacker/defender.
I don't think Sotutu has looked to flash in NPC either, I know he had a few good games in super, but not sure he will get the loose defence in test rugby?

Last edited:

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I would think unfortunately they may pick Sotutu, personally I am a fan of Jacobson ahead of him though, think he adds more to what they want in test rugby. Just an opinion, but his defence is probably going to be needed if Akira is at 6, who tends to be a slightly wider attacker/defender.
I don't think Sotutu has looked to flash in NPC either, I know he had a few good games in super, but not sure he will get the loose defence in test rugby?

Sotutu really stepped up his physicality in Super this year - he deserves the chance to see if he can translate that to the test area - he was better than just having a few good games - he was brilliant for the Blues. Plus I think his style will suit playing the Wallabies which will likely be a more open/fast paced game.

I agree that him and Akira don't quite gel though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jacobson in the bench in place of Papalii to see if he can make an impact - not really convinced of Dalton as a bench player.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wallabies vs All Blacks Thursday 15th September

QzGRKUu.gif

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Upgrade the severs.

Iain Payten reporting Beale will be in the Bledisloe squad.

Arnold is gone too. (family reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.