• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moving onto next week, it seems we're still no closer to working out our best starting locks...

Philip continues to be a defensive liability...

Swain needs some time off...

Holloway doesn't quite seem up to speed yet, but looked more comfortable at lock in my view...

I think Frost needs to come back into the 23 as he's been unlucky not to feature after some good performances against England and Argentina.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I did enjoy the ABs absolutely butchering a few tries last night. When we were down to 13 it looked like we had 10 on the paddock and they still fucked it.

What's the timeline on Kerevi? Hurts to seem hanging around in Aus doing nothing when he could've been on the field. He looks pretty healthy. Bell needs to come back now too if Slips is out.
Wasn't it an ACL or something? You can walk around fine on that shit - its when you want to go more than one direction that it becomes a problem.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Moving onto next week, it seems we're still no closer to working out our best starting locks...

Holloway doesn't quite seem up to speed yet, but looked more comfortable at lock in my view...

I think Frost needs to come back into the 23 as he's been unlucky not to feature after some good performances against England and Argentina.
I liked Frost's cameos. Deserves a bench at least. What was suspect about Philip? I need to actually re-watch with a tv, live I didn't get much deep analysis.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I liked Frost's cameos. Deserves a bench at least. What was suspect about Philip? I need to actually re-watch with a tv, live I didn't get much deep analysis.

This was an issue for him in Super Rugby, but he just seems to create holes for the opposition to run into...

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Despite my bitter disappointment, I reckon this sets up the next clash really well. Given recent history, had the Wallabies won, chances are we'd cop a hiding at Eden Park next week. Now we'll go across the ditch with a point to prove. We still might cop a hiding, but I reckon they'll be more up to the task.

While the Bledisloe is lost, it would be good to chalk up a win on their turf and get that monkey off our back.
I hope you are right, but history would suggest otherwise.

Usually only one decent effort per year against the all blacks.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)

I’d agree
Neville in as well?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Sure, but the laws of the game don't change in the final two minutes.

I'm all for rugby trying to decrease unnecessary stoppages and time wasting but the time to commence that isn't by making a game deciding decision at the end of a test match. It was completely ridiculous.
Just kick the ball out within 15 seconds and it’s not a conversation.
sure the ref didn’t police it before but he was policing it then pretty clearly

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Great game, destroyed at the finish by the ref. I really try to avoid bagging the ref, but I watched my first rugby international at the Sydney Sports Ground in 1967 (NSW v Ireland), have missed very few since, and I have NEVER seen that. As for the muppets who say it's time refs acted against time wasting, if there is a genuine agreement to do this, there are thirty opportunities every match without the first one being with 1 minute to go in a match separated by three points. Just ludicrous, you can say what you want about it but I will never accept that as a reasonable action by the ref.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I thought foley completely wasted time and if it had been Richie doing that at that point of the game I’d be yelling at the ref to call a penalty too and I think 99% of you would say the same.
Yes it was 40 seconds but it was 40 seconds when there was 100 remaining.
The ref had time going and then time off once he realized foley was wasting time and told him repeatedly to go and go quick. He took time off to warn him. Then our time back on. I don’t buy that he didn’t know what was going on. He was trying to delay and get a rest for the players.
If this was done by faf or some NZ pest, we’d be yelling at the ref to it delay the game.
there is too much time wasting in rugby and I don’t mind the call. I feel for the players who put in a great effort and should’ve won. I sympathize w rennie saying this game wasn’t decided by the teams but I am not Ropeable like some people on here re call (I think that extreme reaction is ridiculous personally).
Don’t waste time. The game is suffering cause of a lack of time In play. Apply this consistently going forward in all areas and crack down on this horse shit.
And time is relative. 40 seconds at 78 mins isn’t the same as 40 seconds at 42 mins.
Oh come on now. If rules are rules, then time shouldn’t be relative. Using sone arbitrary system in which we decide which things are and aren’t time wasting is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Rules are meant to be black and white

and if this clown ref is such a stickler for the rules, why was he not blowing up scrum feeds that weren’t straight?

Picking and choosing rules based on a whim is not how rugby should be decided

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I heard one of the radio personalities refer to it as a code killer this morning and he was 100% correct. Between the intercept yellow cards and this type of rubbish rugby is self immolating.
The crowds want to watch a 15 v 15 contest where the best side wins.
Not a game that is decided by the whim of a referee or a TMO interjection and card based on a frame by frame replay.
NRL and AFL are pissing themselves laughing.
Foley was a flog for not kicking it earlier but should that really determine which side is the better team and who deserves to hold the bled cup? Of course not.
I won’t watch next week: couldn’t give a shit who wins. If we win it means the bled was lost on a French whim. If we lose so what - we already have.
I chucked my platinum reds membership which I had for 15yrs a few years back because the cards and TMO had killed the game for me. No longer watch Super rugby.
The red card in the French test was the last game I watched live - I have decided to save my money due to the risk of wasting it on a dud game killed by a random card. In a bygone era I would have flown to Melbourne to watch the game. Thank Christ I didn’t bother.
I’ve just cancelled Stan sport as I can’t be bothered watching the rest of TRC.
It’s weekend club rugby from now on until World rugby sorts this shit out.
Sad reality of where the game is at

Status
Not open for further replies.