• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Totally agree. He's entitled to be happy with the result given how high the stakes are for him and his men, but surely as a fan and student of the game you'd be disappointed that a ripper match ended that way.
Gutted. A good mate of mine is a keen (nearly one-eyed) AB supporter - and he reckons that decision sucked.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
One thing I noticed that made a difference in this test was that the ABs didnt score in the lead up to half time - I dont have stats to back this up, but my recollection is that they are very dangerous from 30-50 minutes and pretty much always put points on us either side of the break. They went close prior to the double yellow.

That's because they're not as good. They constantly butcher opportunities by poor decision making. Rieko and whoever-the-fuck are not Nonu-Smith. Jordie Barrett isn't Ben Smith. Aaron Smith isn't even as good as Aaron Smith used to be.

In short, not enough Smith, too much myth.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That's because they're not as good. They constantly butcher opportunities by poor decision making. Rieko and whoever-the-fuck are not Nonu-Smith. Jordie Barrett isn't Ben Smith. Aaron Smith isn't even as good as Aaron Smith used to be.

Your inside centres took a battering last night. Havili & Tupaea. Who's next off the blocks?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Your inside centres took a battering last night. Havili & Tupaea. Who's next off the blocks?
Dunno, maybe Sonny Bi... Oh wait. I dunno. I watched shit all Super Rugby this year, mainly due to working non effin stop. I think Rieko-Havili are going to be there for a bit.

We really need Wayne Smith and Mick Bryne back tbh. More Smith's!!!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

The forward aren't nearly as dominating either. Poor front row (apart from the new Hooker), Rettalick a shadow of himself, and a backrow which doesn't scare anyone. Ardie the exception but should be playing 7.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
While not the ending you want to see in a match, lost in the quagmire is that the Wallabies still had the opportunity to win by defending the scrum.

Koriobeto seemed to drift in and left Barret open.

The Wallabies could have should have tried to win the scrum or make it messy and defend a bit better.

An interesting take is that as a sport we have never had so much publicity across all media last night and today, we are hitting the headlines in places not seen for a while, and as Oscar Wilde once said "There's only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Did anyone else pick up that time wasting in rugby, is in fact, a free-kick, and not a scrum?!

Law 9 - Unfair Play, section 7 d).

Waste time. Sanction: Free-kick

Stupid frog twat!
I think it's already been said that if it's time wasting during a penalty it's a scrum instead. I believe there was mention of a precedent being set during a (Welsh?) game (last year?). Haven't seen a specific reference to it in the laws though

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I thought foley completely wasted time and if it had been Richie doing that at that point of the game I’d be yelling at the ref to call a penalty too and I think 99% of you would say the same.
Yes it was 40 seconds but it was 40 seconds when there was 100 remaining.
The ref had time going and then time off once he realized foley was wasting time and told him repeatedly to go and go quick. He took time off to warn him. Then our time back on. I don’t buy that he didn’t know what was going on. He was trying to delay and get a rest for the players.
If this was done by faf or some NZ pest, we’d be yelling at the ref to it delay the game.
there is too much time wasting in rugby and I don’t mind the call. I feel for the players who put in a great effort and should’ve won. I sympathize w rennie saying this game wasn’t decided by the teams but I am not Ropeable like some people on here re call (I think that extreme reaction is ridiculous personally).
Don’t waste time. The game is suffering cause of a lack of time In play. Apply this consistently going forward in all areas and crack down on this horse shit.
And time is relative. 40 seconds at 78 mins isn’t the same as 40 seconds at 42 mins.
Agree on the time wasting....however, if the ref thought that...and in the context of the game ...all he had to do was add the extra time allegedly wasted once lineout was in play....to give the ABs a scrum on the line with less than a minute in the game and Australia in front, was imho, the worst decision by a referee that I have ever witnessed in some 40 years. As Rennie said, he had no feel for the game. He should never ref anything except Subbies ever again, or the French equivalent of. In hindsight, not even Subbies!
Knowing the French, he will probably be in charge of next year's WC Final!
The chance for Australia to possibly win a major trophy, that it hasn't been close to winning for twenty years goes up in smoke due to the complete moronic referee, pedantic to the letter .....DISGRACEFUL.
He should be executed by guillotine......OK....OK... maybe not executed!

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Raynall is the same Ref who told Owen Farrell he could chat to his players, then immediately let the Welsh play on.

I'd be asking World Rugby to explain how this is an acceptable level of communication by an international Ref.
It wasn't Raynal but another French twat, Pascal Gauzere

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
There's a Netflix show, where I basketball ref makes these type of calls.... I'm not accusing the ref, but these are the type of calls that make people suspect.
If the ref was on the take, he’s doing his best to be found out.
It would have been much easier to not call the first ‘Holding the ball’ penalty or just penalise the Wallabies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So anyway. Our year is looking pretty damn fucked. 3/9 (lets be real, we aren't winning next weekend) is as grim as it's ever been since I was subjected to rugby football fandom as a child by my cruel parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.