• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Has Beale played any form of rugby since February when he did his hammy? Bit bloody stiff on Hodge to be benched for him.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I can see Foley playing in place of Lolesio and possibly Foketi in for Paisami as both those blokes had head knocks last week. Hodge should be at 15. Kellaway could replace Wright logically. Samu is a 6/8 and we need a legit 7 against the darkness. McReight has consistently been one of our best.

Should be interesting. The silver lining will be that DR will see how much he needs to have either Hooper or McReight at 7. I reckon its a big step down at 12 as well.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sheesh if McReight has been dropped he’s got all rights to be filthy.

He’s arguably been in better form than Hooper was before he decided to step back.

Fuck the Victorian narrative aspect if that’s seriously an angle they’re using to justify the Samu start. It’s never a factor when selecting teams for other games.

Regardless, Samu has been used pretty well as impact off the bench, not sure why you’d change that role in a crucial game.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Sheesh if McReight has been dropped he’s got all rights to be filthy.

He’s arguably been in better form than Hooper was before he decided to step back.

Fuck the Victorian narrative aspect if that’s seriously an angle they’re using to justify the Samu start. It’s never a factor when selecting teams for other games.

Regardless, Samu has been used pretty well as impact off the bench, not sure why you’d change that role in a crucial game.
I don't think Dave Rennie would give two shits about where a player is from when choosing who starts lol

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Apparently Foley, Porecki, Foketi, Beale and Kellaway all set to start…

As well as Samu replacing McReight.

Tupou also a chance to play.
Shows I know fuck all, once again.

Prediction: DR will cop the first serious scrutiny of his tenure when we get a falogging with this team.

Last edited:

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Pretty stiff whack to Jock Campbell too imo. He's been waiting in the wings and getting praised publicly by the coach, only to be leapfrogged by first Hodge (probably understandably) and now Beale (far less understandably).

At least he gets a QPR final I guess

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Samu starting seems to just be speculation, but a few different journo have run with it now…

Samu has been great off the bench, but don’t think him starting solves the breakdown issues.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Pretty stiff whack to Jock Campbell too imo. He's been waiting in the wings and getting praised publicly by the coach, only to be leapfrogged by first Hodge (probably understandably) and now Beale (far less understandably).
Campbell doesn't have the bench flexibility or the ability to be that late game weapon, he is a starting 15

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Foley probably isn't as bad as first thought. Basically it's him or Hodge. Noah might not be 100% after the concussion, JOC (James O'Connor), Cooper out. Donaldson, Edmed etc. aren't realistic option for a Bled 1 with no time with the squad.

Foley is basically last man standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.