• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Great game. Incredible atmosphere. Foley got warned by the referee and still mucked around with it. Kick the ball out and trust your lineout.

Speaking of the lineout, how entertaining was the Wallabies lineout?

The worst thing about Foley's indecision was it stopped Nic White's incredible penalty goal from winning the match.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rugby is a weird one -- given the amount of grey areas in the laws, and the fact that many of them can't be policed literally without ruining the game (e.g. ruck laws), refs could perhaps use a framework of "What will the reaction be if I don't make this call?"

For instance, if he didn't reverse the penalty and allowed Foley to simply kick the ball out when he asked, would hordes of All Blacks fans been up in arms and screamed "He was wasting time!! What an unfair ruling! I can't spake! World Rugby needs to review such rampant corruption"

No. The answer is clearly fucking no. Foley "wasting time" (which he wasn't) had no fucking impact on the game.

If you read the news tomorrow you'd probably assume that Foley tried to wax his back, learn Portugese via completing the relevant Duolingo course and polish off Tolstoy's War & Peace before taking the kick.

In reality - as shown on the replay - the time that elapsed between the ref 'warning' Foley and then blowing the whistle was three seconds. Three fucking seconds. Can you even waste three seconds? What is the smallest unit by which time can be wasted?

The crowd and fans are not here to watch you, or marvel at your understanding of the rule book. It was entirely unnecessary, and no one would have blinked a fucking eyelid if he DIDN'T call it.

Last edited:

EyesUpFootyFan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wouldn’t say negative effect on the game. Sure he had a couple shockers, and that final kick will live on as one of the worst, but he had a good game. Off the tee he was perfect, distributed well with a couple try assists, and ran the ball well. The few missed tackles weren’t ideal, and that final play.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I hope this drives the team to make a statement next match. Bring that same intensity, minus the yellow cards and we will beat them. Lots of positives out of that game.

Valentini was immense. Samu too. I thought Leota started strong too.
Holloway and Slipper worked there asses off.
Porecki - really stepped up his aggression. Cemented the started spot for me.
Foley, minus the time-wasting and a couple early drop balls was pretty good too. I thought better then Noah.
Foketi I thought cemented his place in the 12 jersey whilst Kerevi is away, he really does combine well with Ikitau.
Kellaway a mixed game - that no try was a turning point in the game.
Who cares now, Bledisloe and Rugby championship gone

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Great game. Incredible atmosphere. Foley got warned by the referee and still mucked around with it. Kick the ball out and trust your lineout.

Speaking of the lineout, how entertaining was the Wallabies lineout?

The worst thing about Foley's indecision was it stopped Nic White's incredible penalty goal from winning the match.

Or a come back from what 20 points down? and 13 v 15 for 10mins. Plus another yellow. Would have been one of the all time great rugby wins.

I really hate when teams time-waste, so I'm honestly not even mad at the ref.

I thought the ref should have gave the player for lifting a yellow, but also should have given Swain a red. Other then that I didn't think he was that bad. At least the game flowed unlike that last match. This was an entertaining game of rugby.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bounga didnt work at all. Again. I couldnt work out what position BB was playing. He wasnt at FB. He'd just saunter into 1st receiver when he felt like it. No wonder Mounga doesnt know, literally, where he stands when BB is on the field.

Over all the match was a soup-style dingdong runaround but both sides were really fairly shit. Ireland or France wouldve minced them through the murder grinder on tonights performances.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Well, I guess I now know how the Scots felt in 2015.

I thought the starting front row, Samu, Valetini and Foley were all great.

Foley played a simple but effective game. It will be interesting to see what happens next week, could Noah have performed as well with the forwards actually getting go forward?

Porecki needs to start from now on, FF (Folau Fainga'a) needs to be binned until he can throw.

Our forwards really showed up which helped massively.

The ref..... I thought he was all over the place, not really favouring either team but just inconsistent, going from technical penalties at the ruck to allowing a free for all, i look forward to the justification from the chief ref on that last call having seen the replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.