• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Oh funny that. You had that conviction for a long time have you?

Fuck. me.

Please, I'm lonely.
I have been complaining about it pretty much every game this year. The 'water breaks' in SA pissed me right off.

To be completely honest, if the shoe was on the other foot, I probably wouldn't be as happy about it but the Wallabies still had to let the try in to lose. I think AB fans have taken a number of losses lately and,generally speaking, we haven't blamed the refs and officiating. We knew we weren't good enough against Ireland, SA and Argentina. Tonite, the Wallabies just weren't good enough.

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
I have been complaining about it pretty much every game this year. The 'water breaks' in SA pissed me right off.

To be completely honest, if the shoe was on the other foot, I probably wouldn't be as happy about it but the Wallabies still had to let the try in to lose. I think AB fans have taken a number of losses lately and,generally speaking, we haven't blamed the refs and officiating. We knew we weren't good enough against Ireland, SA and Argentina. Tonite, the Wallabies just weren't good enough.
I love you man. 'I think AB fans have taken a number of losses lately' and have not blamed the ref. like the AB's have never blamed the ref or officiating when they have lost. In a matter of fact they have probably criticised the ref when they have won. Never in the history of test match rugby has such a ridiculous call been made that turned the game in such a way. I was at the game and the Wallabies were the better side. 15 on 15 for the whole game and if that pathetic call at the end didn't happen the Wallabies would of won quite easily. Good luck in the world cup. Looks like a national day of mourning in NZ is coming based on that performance. As for Wallabies fans, we are accustomed to losing and don't generally take it as bad as you guys across the ditch unless we are clearly dudded like we were last night. Yes I feel gutted but with optimism that in the next few years we will be challenging you guys and may just win back the Bledisloe.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I love you man. 'I think AB fans have taken a number of losses lately' and have not blamed the ref. like the AB's have never blamed the ref or officiating when they have lost. In a matter of fact they have probably criticised the ref when they have won. Never in the history of test match rugby has such a ridiculous call been made that turned the game in such a way. I was at the game and the Wallabies were the better side. 15 on 15 for the whole game and if that pathetic call at the end didn't happen the Wallabies would of won quite easily. Good luck in the world cup. Looks like a national day of mourning in NZ is coming based on that performance. As for Wallabies fans, we are accustomed to losing and don't generally take it as bad as you guys across the ditch unless we are clearly dudded like we were last night. Yes I feel gutted but with optimism that in the next few years we will be challenging you guys and may just win back the Bledisloe.
So….you agree that we have not blamed the refs for our losses this year?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Holy hell. What. A. Game.

Up there with the all time greats.

Wallabies looked done and dusted after 20 then clawed themselves back. For all the gloss missing from this team you cannot fault their grit.

I'm 25 pages behind on this chat and I'm sure I know what most of it is about but I want to say that was a hell of a display to work into that game after the opening 20, Samu has to be on the field that much (which is no sleight at McReight who was exceptional when he came on) and Kellaway showed why he is the future at 15 despite that 1 issue.

Incredibly proud.

Old mate can go fuck himself.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ah what a game to goto. I didn’t know Marvel could put on a show like that, the pre match build up was great with all the lights and fireworks. Far cry from some poor sod playing Sweet Caroline over the PA from his phone at AAMI park to 27 rebels fans. Genuinely felt like there 50/50 all blacks fans to wallabies, oh well.

I was in the far up seats which were better than expected for an oval stadium, still, had to piece together a lot of the game. Was explaining it to fans around me with one mum asking if all the stoppages was normal and the kiwi fans next to me saying it was the worst game they’ve ever seen lol.

Obviously I’m ducking gutted to lose like that, can’t wait to see this “use it” call actually feature more now the precedent is here. I remember the Welsh fucking us a few years ago by whittling away an entire 10 minutes by tying their shoelaces and combing their hair.
Buuuuut it showed promise, when we were meant to get an absolute hiding. Who were the kiwis missing? Let the world sleep on us, add in Hooper, Bell, Kerevi, Quade, Paisami, Tupou, we got that game. Gives me a sliver of confidence for next year.

the same 5 players tonight we’re putting in amazing efforts for the full 80, so impressive. Also, what happened to Leota? Limped off after a good opening 30 and I spied him on crutches at the end. Any commentary on that? Thought my boy had a great game, crucial pilfer there.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Imagine if this happened in NZ against the ABs… they would be baying for blood.
Also the submarine thing, don’t forget the new govt paid them out $90mil
These days they'd all be too Pissed at Foster and Cane and forget about the ref. Even today in victory they'll still be calling for Foster's head...

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
That was a great competition that'll now unfortunately be overshadowed by an unfortunate call. I'm sympathetic to the wallabies and their supporters here. I'd be fuming in the same position. If they had held out from the scrum that would've been the type of victory you'd be showing the kids 30 years from now.

As for the AB's. I'm still not seeing a team that can win 3 knock out games in a row. There's flashes of the brilliant but the lapses in basic skills both sides of the ball are too glaring to miss.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ordinarily I'd be a bit sheepish about AB getting out of jail c/- a really, really odd ref's call but after Swain confirming what a grub he truly is ima taking it. Bloke's suspension needs to take in Wobs EOYT & if he were one of ours I'd want him marked Do Not Select on the depth charts forever.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
As for the AB's. I'm still not seeing a team that can win 3 knock out games in a row. There's flashes of the brilliant but the lapses in basic skills both sides of the ball are too glaring to miss.
So there's a chance they'll lose next week then?

From a wobs viewpoint not much chance of that

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
So there's a chance they'll lose next week then?

From a wobs viewpoint not much chance of that
After getting pumped at home by both Ireland and Argentina I'm not gonna be betting the farm on the AB's any time soon. There have been times I was glad Scotland didn't tour this season...

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Haha God you lot have selective memories.

The Wayne Barnes performance in 2007 caused years of mourning by the NZ media.
years of therapy undone. cheers mate

Seriously though. The public backlash against the coaches and players after 07 was the real story. Barnes was a distraction(hand on heart, never blamed him myself). It's the same process that happened then that's kept Foster where he is.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
How was NZ first try allowed? The number 2 is clearly out when he grounds the ball. His arm is completely over the sideline? TMO? AR? Blind?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Oh sorry sir I charged in a little too chargy on the charge spectrum of ruck and maul charging. Apologies. I will gently engage with gentle carreses next time I decide that a ruck should be engaged upon.
So I assume you will say that the next time someone is hit high in ruck?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
How was NZ first try allowed? The number 2 is clearly out when he grounds the ball. His arm is completely over the sideline? TMO? AR? Blind?
It looked close didn't it. I assume the AR (and hopefully TMO) saw it grounded in before his arm touched over the line. I was hoping for a low angle slowmo to see it for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.