• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Having a beer with a few southerners watching the AFL final. Can’t see why you’d want to be an AFL referee. It seems to be all about the players and the game.
Great pay for a part time job and they do a far better job then their counterparts in rugby

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
AB first try whistled at 3:10, Mounga starts conversion kick at 4:47 and hits it at 4:49.

Law 8.8.d

The kicker: Takes the kick within 90 seconds (playing time) from the time the try was awarded, even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again.

Sanction: Kick is disallowed.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Everybody saying Foley shat the bed / fucked it up / shoulda - coulda etc... are kind of missing the point.
Yes, the ref was trying to hurry it up, but by stopping and starting time he doesn't help clarify the situation, it adds to the confusion of the chaotic situation that the last 5 minutes was. Some of the backs are yelling at him, but he seemingly cannot hear them and is looking at the forwards. We hear the ref through the effects mics. Again, it is loud and chaotic.
The biggest issue is that this stuff happens in just about every professional rugby game. Usually more than once. And it basically never gets called. Ever. Common sense would suggest this was not the time to buck that trend, perhaps.
I posted another time that the TMO should run a clock on these timed scenarios, and feed the countdown to the ref who feeds it to the player as a countdown - penalty kicks, goal kicks etc...

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Had to check the spdercam for the next score. Cane indicates for the sticks at 8:06 on the feed time, Barrett makes contact at 9:09 after starting his run at 9:07.

Law 8:21.
The kick must be taken within 60 seconds (playing time) from the time the team indicated their intention to do so, even if the ball rolls over and has to be placed again. Sanction: Kick is disallowed and a scrum is awarded.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Everybody saying Foley shat the bed / fucked it up / shoulda - coulda etc... are kind of missing the point.
Yes, the ref was trying to hurry it up, but by stopping and starting time he doesn't help clarify the situation, it adds to the confusion of the chaotic situation that the last 5 minutes was. Some of the backs are yelling at him, but he seemingly cannot hear them and is looking at the forwards. We hear the ref through the effects mics. Again, it is loud and chaotic.
The biggest issue is that this stuff happens in just about every professional rugby game. Usually more than once. And it basically never gets called. Ever. Common sense would suggest this was not the time to buck that trend, perhaps.
I posted another time that the TMO should run a clock on these timed scenarios, and feed the countdown to the ref who feeds it to the player as a countdown - penalty kicks, goal kicks etc...

No we didn't miss the point. We heard it 100 times now.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
I take your point, but equally - do you drive a bit more carefully in certain situations? Eg, in front of schools or when there's a cop behind you?

I can totally accept that the call was out of the ordinary and I'd be shitty if the situation were reversed, but given the ref's warnings, I also think that Foley must accept some of the blame. You gotta play the ref and he'd indicated he wasn't in the mood for any messing around.

Just leave it at that, mate. You wouldn't have said the rest if the situation was reversed.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Wobs first penalty 19:09 to 20:06 on spidercam feed. Some guesswork on this so used the camera cutaway from Slipper as the indication to kick.

Wallabies first try 25:03, kicked 25:56.

Who was wasting time?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Looks like Tupaea is out for at least the rest of the season.

Grub act by Swain and I hope he goes for a loooong time. A number of players around the world have condemned his actions and for good reason…

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Wobs first penalty 19:09 to 20:06 on spidercam feed. Some guesswork on this so used the camera cutaway from Slipper as the indication to kick.

Wallabies first try 25:03, kicked 25:56.

Who was wasting time?

Foley. That’s why his own backline was yelling at him….

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
1 player in his backline, unless Lalakai Foketi constitutes the entire backline
Potato, potato.

Foley played chicken with the ref and lost. People are acting as if it’s the first time a ref has made a call near the end of the game.

The Wallabies still could have won too. The refs calls didn’t win the game….the AB try did.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Potato, potato.

Foley played chicken with the ref and lost. People are acting as if it’s the first time a ref has made a call near the end of the game.

The Wallabies still could have won too. The refs calls didn’t win the game….the AB try did.
Ah i forgot why I had you on the ol' ignore button

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
95BF3324-7723-4EF0-AB17-4CE69F19A11E.jpeg

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Just leave it at that, mate. You wouldn't have said the rest if the situation was reversed.

Nah, I would. For all the shit we AB fans get for blaming the ref, you haven't noticed that we're not immune from putting the blame on our players or coach? It was a random call but Foley also shat the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.