• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
The big positive out of this is if the Wallabies get the shits and rip into the AB's in B2 and break a 26? year hoo doo!

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
And when Foster joins the forum you can have a crack at him for it but for the most part, the AB fans here not blamed the refs for the AB woes of late. Unlike a number of Wallaby fans here.

There are no mental gymnastics or logical contortions that need to be made to justify what happened on Thursday.

Apparently by his own admission, Foley had been warned a number of times during the game to hurry up and even his own teammates were desperately trying to get him to take the kick quickly - like he did after they scored from a forward pass. The ref called him for it.

Which didn’t give the All Blacks the win. They still had to retain possession at the scrum - something they had had problems with during the game - and play well enough to score a try. The Wallabies had every chance to defend and keep the All Blacks out but they weren’t good enough.

Just because some of you don’t like the ref’s decision which gave the All Blacks possession - not the win - doesn’t mean that people who disagree are somehow twisting the facts. And the veiled threat of ‘it’s turning off fans’ is childish. Australian fans certainly didn’t seem concerned about Scottish fans being ‘turned off’ rugby when the ref made a call that benefited the Wallabies and handed them a win.

Some of you just need to grow up.
Keep this energy the next time NZ gets screwed

bizarre that Kiwi fans are on their soapboxes, considering you have sent death threats to refs before

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
A Nz loss at Eden Park to Aus might see him sacked. Rather he stays on until at least the end of the RWC.

No it will be hilarious as it will be another record that arrogant mole Foster has achieved as AB’s coach
I can reconcile with both points of view. Ideally we win with a dodgy ref call on the bell after a monumentous All Blacks comeback and Scott Barrett almost securing a NZ victory with a freak try out on the flank that locks both him in at 6 and Fozzie as coach till 27.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting from Owens on the Swain incident. I personally have no issue with a lengthy suspension. I always look at these issues by asking how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and I’d be pretty dirty. But I guess that is largely due to outcome.

Refereeing royalty Owens urged caution with the incident, pointing out that decisions shouldn’t necessarily be made on the basis of the outcome alone.
“It is a tricky one, there will be a lot of arguments that a yellow card is sufficient.
“There’ll also be justified arguments that a red card would be justified as well, particularly on the outcome of it. But you’ve got to be very careful that you’re not always basing your decisions on an outcome.”
Tragic, I am with Owens. What next? Do we give a red card out every time a player has a serious injury? This is really, to paraphrase an ex PM 'No player will ever get injured playing our game'. Like many here I have seen many injuries on rugby pitches and it is part of the attraction of playing a game with some risk associated with it. It is impossible to get rid of all risks in rugby, I spoke to a girl who had been a ballet dancer and she listed all the injuries she had had, putting rugby into the tiddlywinks zone.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
And when Foster joins the forum you can have a crack at him for it but for the most part, the AB fans here not blamed the refs for the AB woes of late. Unlike a number of Wallaby fans here.

There are no mental gymnastics or logical contortions that need to be made to justify what happened on Thursday.

Apparently by his own admission, Foley had been warned a number of times during the game to hurry up and even his own teammates were desperately trying to get him to take the kick quickly - like he did after they scored from a forward pass. The ref called him for it.

Which didn’t give the All Blacks the win. They still had to retain possession at the scrum - something they had had problems with during the game - and play well enough to score a try. The Wallabies had every chance to defend and keep the All Blacks out but they weren’t good enough.

Just because some of you don’t like the ref’s decision which gave the All Blacks possession - not the win - doesn’t mean that people who disagree are somehow twisting the facts. And the veiled threat of ‘it’s turning off fans’ is childish. Australian fans certainly didn’t seem concerned about Scottish fans being ‘turned off’ rugby when the ref made a call that benefited the Wallabies and handed them a win.

Some of you just need to grow up.

Mate, I agree that the ref blaming on these forums can be over the top. I really dislike blaming the ref for a loss. I don't blame the ref for this loss (I blame the discipline and yellow cards mostly). But in the case of the Foley time-wasting, I think the noise is justified. it did ruin a good game of rugby. I feel it's okay to be talking about this. Emotions and tempers are high. Sometimes it's better to let it out then hold it in.

If there's one time you can have a whinge then it's when there is a very clearly a decisive decision. Just like the Scottish have the right to whinge about the RWC penalty, this is justified.

For the record, I see both sides, Foley played his part, his team mates noticed something was up but he didn't, that's on him. But I also believe, as do millions of other rugby viewers (non-Aussies) that was a very very tough (and new) call.

There is no need to get on your high horse. Just let people vent.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Mate, I agree that the ref blaming on these forums can be over the top. I really dislike blaming the ref for a loss. I don't blame the ref for this loss (I blame the discipline and yellow cards mostly). But in the case of the Foley time-wasting, I think the noise is justified. it did ruin a good game of rugby. I feel it's okay to be talking about this. Emotions and tempers are high. Sometimes it's better to let it out then hold it in.

If there's one time you can have a whinge then it's when there is a very clearly a decisive decision. Just like the Scottish have the right to whinge about the RWC penalty, this is justified.

For the record, I see both sides, Foley played his part, his team mates noticed something was up but he didn't, that's on him. But I also believe, as do millions of other rugby viewers (non-Aussies) that was a very very tough (and new) call.

There is no need to get on your high horse. Just let people vent.
Fair enough.

As I stated in my first post, I hope we see more of these time wasting calls.

From an AB fan view, I am pissed off that Swain wasn’t shown a red for ending another player’s season with a grub act.

I’m also hoping refs crack down on the acting we have seen the Wallabies recently engage in with Nic White a few weeks back and FF (Folau Fainga'a) on Thursday.

There is the old joke that soccer is 90mins of players pretending they are hurt and rugby is 80 of players pretending they are not. I’d hate to see rugby move towards soccer in that way….

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Fair enough.

From an AB fan view, I am pissed off that Swain wasn’t shown a red for ending another player’s season with a grub act.

I’m also hoping refs crack down on the acting we have seen the Wallabies recently engage in with Nic White a few weeks back and FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) on Thursday.

There is the old joke that soccer is 90mins of players pretending they are hurt and rugby is 80 of players pretending they are not. I’d hate to see rugby move towards soccer in that way….

I 100% agree. I've always hoped they cracked down on time-wasting, so for me it ended up being a 'be careful what you wish for' scenario. FML.

Let's hope at least something good comes of it. Yeh Swain was real lucky not to get a Red, I hope it's a long ban (even as a Brumbies supporter that was poor from him).

Agree on White too. Most people of these forums agreed it was poor from him. FF (Folau Fainga'a) I didn't think was too bad. He did get lifted after all. Although he's not the most likeable character, I imagine he's our Dan Coles for AB supporters.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fair enough.

I’m also hoping refs crack down on the acting we have seen the Wallabies recently engage in with Nic White a few weeks back and FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) on Thursday.

Wait, was the acting FF (Folau Fainga'a) did on Thursday night?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Wait, was the acting FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) did on Thursday night?

He got lifted and landed on his back but stayed down for a while and got his neck/head checked repeatedly. Although it didn't look like he landed on his head. Likely he stayed down for the TMO to review it.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Tragic, I am with Owens. What next? Do we give a red card out every time a player has a serious injury? This is really, to paraphrase an ex PM 'No player will ever get injured playing our game'. Like many here I have seen many injuries on rugby pitches and it is part of the attraction of playing a game with some risk associated with it. It is impossible to get rid of all risks in rugby, I spoke to a girl who had been a ballet dancer and she listed all the injuries she had had, putting rugby into the tiddlywinks zone.
It’s not just the injury though.
I just can’t see what he was trying to achieve. I’d like to think it was an accident and give him the benefit of the doubt.
But there is no other likely outcome from that action. It was never going to shift him from the ruck.
Its either mind numbingly poor technique or it’s dirty
I guess the judiciary will decide.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
He got lifted and landed on his back but stayed down for a while and got his neck/head checked repeatedly. Although it didn't look like he landed on his head. Likely he stayed down for the TMO to review it.
Yeah he was clearly trying to milk a card.
I’m actually glad he didn’t get rewarded for his theatrics. There should be no place for that in the game.
But it will continue until they sort out the current card debacle.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hmm, how can I be more clear. Foster praising that decision by the referee is tone deaf and demonstrates that he cares more about stroking his own ego rather than protecting the integrity of the game.

It’s disappointing to see and I now understand the criticism that New Zealanders have been directing at him.
Ok I not sure why him praising ref for making a decision is tone deaf to anyone. Ref made a call, he thought it right so said so, and he was asked, do you really want him to say? But anyway I prefer coaches not to whinge, and get pissed with Foster or any coach that does. We see things differently is all?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He did get lifted past horizontal though, or close to it, 50/50 call that could have been a yellow too.
I called YC when I first saw it too mate, and then when I saw on replay that he never went past horozontal, but wouldn't of been upset if had got carded.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Fair enough.

Maybe they can crack down on Aaron Smith’s theatrics while they’re at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.