• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wrong thread
The OP of the other thread is the one and only person on my Ignore List.

Ergo, all his posts and any other members posts in a thread he starts are invisible to me.

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looking forward to the 2nd half when The Axis of Auckpocalypse comes to fruition:

6 Akira
7 Dalton
8 Hoskins
9 Finlay Christie
10 BB
11 CC
12 RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck)
13 Rieko

race-racing.gif

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They’ll pick him. Why else go through the Aus A charade.
Yes exactly. 2 matches missed (when he'd likely be rested for 1 of them regardless of a ban) out of 5 isn't something to just ignore him for.

He'll probably be a key player against Italy where a lot of the first choice players are rested for.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Oh sorry fellas, didn't realise I was on ignore by DP the poster who has thrown a hissyfit on seemingly every other rugby forum, oh hell, how will I sleep? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
1.James Slipper (c) (122 Tests)
2. David Porecki (6 Tests)
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (59 Tests)
4. Jed Holloway (5 Tests)
5. Cadeyrn Neville (2 Tests)
6. Rob Valetini (26 Tests)
7. Pete Samu (27 Tests)
8. Harry Wilson (11 Tests)
9. Jake Gordon (15 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (72 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (50 Tests)
12. Lalakai Foketi (3 Tests)
13. Len Ikitau (20 Tests)
14. Tom Wright (17 Tests)
15. Andrew Kellaway (17 Tests)
Replacements
16. Folau Fainga’a (32 Tests)
17. Angus Bell (19 Tests)
18. Pone Fa’amausili (2 Tests)
19. Nick Frost (4 Tests)
20. Fraser McReight (7 Tests)
21. Nic White (55 Tests)
22. Reece Hodge (59 Tests)
23. Jordan Petaia (21 Tests)

stupified they continue to pick Wright !

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
1.James Slipper (c) (122 Tests)
2. David Porecki (6 Tests)
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (59 Tests)
4. Jed Holloway (5 Tests)
5. Cadeyrn Neville (2 Tests)
6. Rob Valetini (26 Tests)
7. Pete Samu (27 Tests)
8. Harry Wilson (11 Tests)
9. Jake Gordon (15 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (72 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (50 Tests)
12. Lalakai Foketi (3 Tests)
13. Len Ikitau (20 Tests)
14. Tom Wright (17 Tests)
15. Andrew Kellaway (17 Tests)
Replacements
16. Folau Fainga’a (32 Tests)
17. Angus Bell (19 Tests)
18. Pone Fa’amausili (2 Tests)
19. Nick Frost (4 Tests)
20. Fraser McReight (7 Tests)
21. Nic White (55 Tests)
22. Reece Hodge (59 Tests)
23. Jordan Petaia (21 Tests)
I actually really like that team.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I would’ve been tempted to start with frost as I don’t think Holloway has done much so far. Persisting with Wright puzzles me a bit as well.
But not unhappy with that lineup.
Pleased for Wilson - hope he has a blinder as the back row position on EOYT is up for grabs
I can understand Wright, Eden Park not the best place to throw Vunivalu to the wolves

Jed Holloway seems a guaranteed starter, based on...…..(checks notes) Absolutely nothing

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I can understand Wright, Eden Park not the best place to throw Vunivalu to the wolves

Jed Holloway seems a guaranteed starter, based on...…..(checks notes) Absolutely nothing
Wouldn’t it be based on the fact that pretty much every other viable alternative is unavailable? Unless you want to chuck Langi Gleeson in there, or a Brumbies academy player.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Wouldn’t it be based on the fact that pretty much every other viable alternative is unavailable? Unless you want to chuck Langi Gleeson in there, or a Brumbies academy player.
Frost has looked pretty good when given the opportunity.
Why not start him and give Holloway a bit of a wake up call on the bench.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)

I think Vuni clearly isn’t ticking the boxes Rennie wants to see.

There shouldn’t be any worry about him being thrown ‘to the wolves’ - he’s played in more high pressure games over his footy career than most of the blokes in our team. I think he’s simply not showing enough to warrant selection.

If he was, this is the type of game you’d want him on the bench, we know he can score points and that could be useful in a place we’ve traditionally struggled.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Frost has looked pretty good when given the opportunity.
Why not start him and give Holloway a bit of a wake up call on the bench.
Fair enough, I misread that slightly as ‘guaranteed in the 23’. There are really only forced changes so I’d say everyone is being rewarded for last week’s robbery. Jed played 80 I think.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has lit the fuse ahead of the Rugby Championship finale, saying World Rugby conceded a crunch time-wasting call in the opening Bledisloe Cup loss was wrong.
Rennie said a 'please explain' issued to World Rugby after the Test produced a concession the Wallabies playmaker was harshly treated.
"They agreed with our concerns," Rennie said.
"We seeked (sic) a bit of clarity. We've got that. It's not going to help us win on the weekend," he said.

Good to see they did something about it - he’s running the sidelines on the weekend ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.