• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I'm sure someone like Holloway sometimes gets picked because they can do their basic job competently, which is better than flashier alternatives. The coach wants to put out a guy that won't hurt the team at set piece, be out of position, knows the patterns and doesn't take stupid penalties.

Sometimes that's enough when there are a lot of injuries or new players. You can't say Holloway has looked terrible. You barely notice him out there, which is both a pro and a con. He's no Valentini or Tupou, but he also hasn't been a Swain.
I agree to a point, but if he’s going to play at 6 he needs to be better around the field. I’ve never understood the modern fascination with playing locks at 6, it’s a different role

if he is there for his basics he can’t be dropping 2 kickoffs. Mistakes like that cost you games

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree to a point, but if he’s going to play at 6 he needs to be better around the field. I’ve never understood the modern fascination with playing locks at 6, it’s a different role

if he is there for his basics he can’t be dropping 2 kickoffs. Mistakes like that cost you games
TT, not as much as 13 v 15 or even v 14 can lose you a game. It's like saying dropping a ball in a tackle can you lose you a game, which is true but at the wrong end of the bell curve.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
From the article

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 9.01.18 am.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whole thing is a bit weird. The only source for both incidents (Newell should've been cited and WR (World Rugby) disagreed with Raynal) is Rennie.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
TT, not as much as 13 v 15 or even v 14 can lose you a game. It's like saying dropping a ball in a tackle can you lose you a game, which is true but at the wrong end of the bell curve.
Both his drops led indirectly to tries though. Kickoff receipts are such an important facet of the game

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This dispute about citing is missing the point. Swain rightly gets dragged for doing Tupaea's knee. Fletcher does Scott's hamstring and sidelines him for 3+ weeks, in a (relatively) similar fashion. People crying foul because of Tupaea's injury but not Sio's are inconsistent.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
This dispute about citing is missing the point. Swain rightly gets dragged for doing Tupaea's knee. Fletcher does Scott's hamstring and sidelines him for 3+ weeks, in a (relatively) similar fashion. People crying foul because of Tupaea's injury but not Sio's are inconsistent.
DC you don't have to point to it, Hypocrisy is everywhere and few see it in themselves but see it immediately in others.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Frost is in the bench. That’s great
Halloway has been solid but not spectacular.
Good line up to me. As long as wright doesn’t get a card he’s pretty good. But he gets a lot of cards….!
Give them hell I say.
Grand Finak and a Bledisloe. Good weekend

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The difference is Sio wasn't trapped and escaped more serious injury, Tupaea was held in by Wright and Marika which is why his knee collapsed and couldn't roll backwards like Sio did. Not entirely Swain's fault. Freak incident (although Swain still reckless like Newell was).

Think Dave Rennie is being deliberately vague here, seems he's been caught out by his "judiciary said he should've been cited" comments and now I'd like to see a source for "WR (World Rugby) agreed with us on Raynal decision".

Not a good look.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The difference is Sio wasn't trapped and escaped more serious injury, Tupaea was held in by Wright and Marika which is why his knee collapsed and couldn't roll backwards like Sio did. Not entirely Swain's fault. Freak incident (although Swain still reckless like Newell was).

Think Dave Rennie is being deliberately vague here, seems he's been caught out by his "judiciary said he should've been cited" comments and now I'd like to see a source for "WR (World Rugby) agreed with us on Raynal decision".

Not a good look.
Oh yeah...if only he could have 'rolled backwards' he would have been fine :rolleyes:

swain.jpeg

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Brace is the ref on the weekend.
He officiated the penalty fest against England at Suncorp where we out scored them 2 tries to 1 but lost on the back of 6 penalty goals kicked by Farrel. Stop - start shit game and we never got any momentum.
Faaarrk

Status
Not open for further replies.