• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3-2-1 vs Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1. Barnes
2. Slipper
3. Pocock

HM: Sharpe, JOC (James O'Connor), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Higgenbotham, Horne, McCalman

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
If not already being done, can one of the number crunchers on the site please do a Wallabies 3-2-1 tally for the World Cup? It would be interesting to see who comes in second and third after Pocock.

I reckon JOC (James O'Connor), Moore and Horwill would have to be up there.

D

drop bears not bombs

3. Barnes
2. Slipper
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

HM: Quade was so threatening while he was on, Pocock was again solid, Sharpe was heroic, and TPN - what a hit on Shane Williams! Also saw some good cameos from the bench - Horne looked dangerous with every touch, and was solid defensively. Simmons was hitting hard on defense and attack. And Burgo provided a lot of energy at the end of the game. He's a great bench halfback, and he would be missed if Deans knew how to use the bench.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think to say Aussies were better with QC (Quade Cooper) is a little unfair on Barnes. I also think we have to look at how poorly Wales played last night, with Hook at 10, I think they would be lucky to beat any decent team.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
After re-watching the game last night it seems Barnes will never take the ball into contact to settle play. If he can't cause a line break or see a gap he kicks the ball away.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I guess I am alone with my view that the wallabies looked better with QC (Quade Cooper) at 10.

Scotty I thought Cooper played well for the time he was on. There's a spot for him in the team but doesn't seem to cope well with be chief play maker and only option for positional kicking. Playing alongside Barnes would take a lot of preasure off him allowing Barnes to take on the kicking role or player maker role at times. It seems Deanes thinks Barnes defense isn'y up to the task against big centre like Nanu but I think his defense is fine.

Did all right against a bigger one Friday night. Didn't help my fantasy team one bit that he cut Roberts down early.

3. Barnes
2. Pocock
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3. Sharpie (only played 1/2 in this game, but this is for the other 99 other games)
2. Bam Bam
1. Sookface

HM Bieber Boy

Richo

John Thornett (49)
3. Barnes
2. Slipper
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

Cooper and Barnes combo was looking devastating, begging the obvious questions about why we didn't see more of this during the campaign. Barnes is a more conservative footballer, obviously, but his move to flyhalf also came with injury to Beale, which also added to the need to play more conservatively.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
3. Barnes
2. Slipper
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

HM: Quade was so threatening while he was on, Pocock was again solid, Sharpe was heroic, and TPN - what a hit on Shane Williams! Also saw some good cameos from the bench - Horne looked dangerous with every touch, and was solid defensively. Simmons was hitting hard on defense and attack. And Burgo provided a lot of energy at the end of the game. He's a great bench halfback, and he would be missed if Deans knew how to use the bench.

That was Ma'afood...

3: Beiber
2. Bam Bam
1. S Fainga'a - Was like a starving pitbull, I'd like to see his tackle count...

HM Barnes (because he actually ran it a few times)

W

What2040

Just watched game again

3. Slipper
2. Barnes
1. JOC (James O'Connor)

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Have'nt read all this thread, so please excusse me if I repeat what has been said, I think the home test in December will be our best chance, Our problem is we have a good 15, but with injuries we don't have the replacments that will complement the rest of the team,
As for the three tests down there If we should win just one of those tests, then it would be a huge boost for us Mentally, I think gone are the days when teams beat us by 40-50 points, but the win in close games still eludes us.
We seem to lack the composure of the best sides, I'm not sure if its panick or a kind of disbelief in actually beating someone we haven't for so long, almost like saying do we have the right.
Once we can beat a southern team in their back yard, I suspect better things against all the southern teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.