• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MARKS

Well said Royaladerry.
IMO also not big on attendance at the school.
2012 will be a big one !
I have only respect for the Lauries boys - I taught there for 5 years - and they're always passionate about their rugby and are ferocious at the breakdown - IMO the headmaster is not big on rugby or any sport for that matter - thankfully the teachers, coaches and boys carry on the tradition - re the Padua 10 - very dangerous with ball in hand - not out of place in aic team

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think that the SPLC boys have been harshly overlooked, if you think harry marshall (ASH) should be in the AIC 1's then you must look at Christian Vouges-Houg, he dominated Marshy when saints played ashgrove, he also dismantled aaron sorridimi aswell, he is one of the most technical probs iv seen for years.

Dylon Nelson the hooker has taken countless tight heads this year off much larger packs and throwing in the lineout has been supurb.

Tyrone Brimble has been amazing for the SPLC boys this year and adds a huge spark to the team, lochie bousted the fullback for saints is also good player with his ball running but is also devestating in defence, so just something to think about gents.

Ps. The SPLC and st Edmunds game will be one to watch this weekend with both teams coming off wins. i think an upset might be on the cards

I agree with Tyrone Brimble, has been fantastic for peters this year, will definetly make an AIC team. I watched the Padua/Peters game, and tyrone and other centre Moses i think it is were fantastic. However dylan nelson the hooker, did manage to take a few tideheads from memory, but was completley outplayed by his opposite number. i would however say that Eddie Wasaga will make an AIC team

2cool4school

I agree with Tyrone Brimble, has been fantastic for peters this year, will definetly make an AIC team. I watched the Padua/Peters game, and tyrone and other centre Moses i think it is were fantastic. However dylan nelson the hooker, did manage to take a few tideheads from memory, but was completley outplayed by his opposite number. i would however say that Eddie Wasaga will make an AIC team

Eddie Wasaga if chosen for AIC 1 wont play because he has been selected in the Australian Indigenous 22 man squad. But i saw the game from SPLC v Padua and even tho he was outplayed he still managed to dominate in set piece which is hard to find in a hooker, i didnt see a mention of the loosehead prop christian VH he destroyed padua along with marist and Pats front row. surely he deserves a look in.

Dylon nelson is one of those hookers that is very good at cleaning up loose ball, i watched him play against Villanova on the weekend and with a scrappy first half, he came back in the second with some good ruck work and good ball carries, his counter attack is supurb for a front rower.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Padua defeated SPC today, 24-8. They now have themselves a garanteed premiership. Big game against Ashgrove next week at Banyo. Any other results from today?

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Padua defeated SPC today, 24-8. They now have themselves a garanteed premiership. Big game against Ashgrove next week at Banyo. Any other results from today?

Congrats to Padua. Iona 29 Lauries 26. I'll let someone else provide a detailed description of the match and some of the decisions made. What I will say is that I didn't know schoolboy players were allowed to throw half a dozen upper cuts and not even get penalised, let alone get given a yellow card.

R

Rugby56

Ashgrove got up 31-24. Good effort by the Villa boys to come back as they did as they were losing 26-0 at half time.

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
sounds like a pretty convincing win for the paduans - always a hard game at Curlew Park - can anyone provide a brief wrap up of the game - best players etc?

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
definitely not in the spirit of the game - have coached a lot of schoolboy rugby - the refs at Iona (yep even the QRU ones) have always been "dubious"
Congrats to Padua. Iona 29 Lauries 26. I'll let someone else provide a detailed description of the match and some of the decisions made. What I will say is that I didn't know schoolboy players were allowed to throw half a dozen upper cuts and not even get penalised, let alone get given a yellow card.

2cool4school

Eddies beat SPLC 41-16, it was 7-6 to eddies with 5 mins to go in the second half.

R

Rugby enthusiast

lauries ref was a horrible ref. gave full arm penalties when lauries dominated every scrum LEGALLY! punches were thrown by iona hooker and not even a penalty nor red card was issued. ref lost lauries the game, and i believe this has happened to the lauries team many times this season. iona No. 7, 10 12 and 15. lauries No. 1, 5, 6, 13 and 15 were stand outs in my oppinion

Jonesy@Pad

Frank Row (1)
Padua wins first AIC title

With Paduas win over pats today (24-8) the worst they can do is tie for 1st - their first AIC premiership at 1st 15 level.

Jonesy@Pad

Frank Row (1)
Padua 2 was outstanding - best lineout thrower in the comp by far. Entire Padua foward pack were just too agressive at the breakdown. Crieghton played well as did 10 and 9
sounds like a pretty convincing win for the paduans - always a hard game at Curlew Park - can anyone provide a brief wrap up of the game - best players etc?

2cool4school

Best thower in the comp? Dylon Nelson the hooker for SPLC has been terrific in the set piece and especially in the line outs. But it is good to see ashgrove not get the premiership outright.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
lauries ref was a horrible ref. gave full arm penalties when lauries dominated every scrum LEGALLY! punches were thrown by iona hooker and not even a penalty nor red card was issued. ref lost lauries the game, and i believe this has happened to the lauries team many times this season. iona No. 7, 10 12 and 15. lauries No. 1, 5, 6, 13 and 15 were stand outs in my oppinion

no the ref didn't cost Lauries the game, their defense in the first half did, they gave Iona outside backs room to move and they did. Lauries were not switch on in the first half and it cost them, they showed a huge improvement in the second half but the damage was already done.
yep iona hooker did land a few after he was missed by the lauries hooker, should have both been sent, penalty to iona.
very exciting game Man of Match Iona 7 outstanding big future for this grade 10 boy.

G

green&gold

no the ref didn't cost Lauries the game, their defense in the first half did, they gave Iona outside backs room to move and they did. Lauries were not switch on in the first half and it cost them, they showed a huge improvement in the second half but the damage was already done.
yep iona hooker did land a few after he was missed by the lauries hooker, should have both been sent, penalty to iona.
very exciting game Man of Match Iona 7 outstanding big future for this grade 10 boy.

Could not of put it better

S

Steve-O

As a lauries old boy I dont know what to say. I guess lauries are just having one of those seasons. They definatley have the talent but are just missing something I cant quite put my finger on it. The ref did have some questionable calls but thats rugby. Standouts in my opinion for Iona were no.7 Brad Wilkin, no.10 David Eske had a good game and no.11 Ambrose Killan played well. Standout for Lauries were - no.5 Tom Milosevic, no.6 Hayden Russell, no.13 (playing inside centre however) Tom Dempsey and no.15 Joe Crowther.

Status
Not open for further replies.