• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rugby enthusiast

the lauries hooker did not throw a single punch, he copped them. should have atleast been a yellow card to iona hooker.

i do agree with you on how the lauries boys started, could not get switched on. iona 7 was amazing and i also see a great coming season for this young team.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
lauries ref was a horrible ref. gave full arm penalties when lauries dominated every scrum LEGALLY! punches were thrown by iona hooker and not even a penalty nor red card was issued. ref lost lauries the game, and i believe this has happened to the lauries team many times this season. iona No. 7, 10 12 and 15. lauries No. 1, 5, 6, 13 and 15 were stand outs in my oppinion

Usual cop-out. We lost so blame the ref.
Pathetic.

J

jaydee

Lauries have been on the wrong end of the penalty in every game this year, even their only victory (27 penalties , 3 cards).Even The greatest conspiracy theorist would find it very hard to believe that every QRRA ref has been given some kind of directive to hammer the boys from SLC. This trend can mean one of (or more likely a combination of) the following : The team under pressure at the breakdown gives up more penalties in every game of rugby ever played . SLC back row is being outplayed there, or is not engaging at the breakdown in the first place. Possibly some of the SLC players don't know the rules that well, and unfortunately as previously mentioned, they do not appear fit (5th fade out loss in a row) and a lack of fitness will lead to taking short cuts, which will lead to penalties against. I would like to think that the rugby community at SLC is not engaging in blaming the ref, and lokking to concentrate on defiiciencies for the future. Perhaps some coaching at the braekdown, or some serious fitness training ( for this season, unfortunately for them only metaphors about stable doors and bolting horses come to mind.)
Usual cop-out. We lost so blame the ref.
Pathetic.

J

jaydee

Don't get too excited, as next week ASH have the chance to defeat Padua and be joint premiers. I hope Padua win myself just because it is great for them, but at the end of the day even though kicked around by Marist most of my playing days, I respect their program, and would not knock their sustained success.

G

green&gold

SLC were given more penalties then iona at the end of the day anyway, so blaming the loss of the ref is an excuse, as they had just the same chance as iona did to come away with a win

B

blitter

Any news on the Villanova vs Ashgrove game? Any stand outs from either teams?

J

Jeff Smith

no the ref didn't cost Lauries the game, their defense in the first half did, they gave Iona outside backs room to move and they did. Lauries were not switch on in the first half and it cost them, they showed a huge improvement in the second half but the damage was already done.
yep iona hooker did land a few after he was missed by the lauries hooker, should have both been sent, penalty to iona.
very exciting game Man of Match Iona 7 outstanding big future for this grade 10 boy

THANKYOU XXXX FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT RUGBY

M

MARKS

Its up to the likes of Padua, Paddies, Eddies, Villa and Iona to maintain this improvement and keep challenging the traditional 'heavy weights' of AIC in St Laurences and Marist Ashgrove every year and improve from the current one in ten.
Don't get too excited, as next week ASH have the chance to defeat Padua and be joint premiers. I hope Padua win myself just because it is great for them, but at the end of the day even though kicked around by Marist most of my playing days, I respect their program, and would not knock their sustained success.

X

XRugbyX

Congratulations to Padua, they have some excellent players!
Through watching them a few standouts, No.12, 2, 4, 5, 9

Look forward to seeing who is selected in AIC teams next week!
There is some very hot competition for AIC spots this year, especially in the front row spots, personally I believe these positions should be dominated by the Villanova and St Peters teams.

And also the centres, some very tough competition there! Villa 12, SPC 12, SPLC 12, Laurence's 12 etc.

Goodluck!

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
from winless in 2009 to premiers in 2011

Thats a remarkable achievement, considering the winless 09, and the fact that this age group has never won a premiership through the years, however i did hear that 11 of the current 1st XV played last year, so that has helped them greatley. Good on Padua, and i hope they go out there and really give it to ashgrove, and take the premiership outright.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thats a remarkable achievement, considering the winless 09, and the fact that this age group has never won a premiership through the years, however i did hear that 11 of the current 1st XV played last year, so that has helped them greatley. Good on Padua, and i hope they go out there and really give it to ashgrove, and take the premiership outright.

It is good to see the likes of Padua and Eddies now producing solid first XV rugby teams. It wasn't long ago when Padua and Eddies were struggling as league based schools in the aic. Congrats to Padua on the massive improvement and I hope you beat Ashgrove this weekend. AIC is now becoming a stronger competition which is good to see.

C

choppa

Congratulations to Padua, they have some excellent players!
Through watching them a few standouts, No.12, 2, 4, 5, 9

Look forward to seeing who is selected in AIC teams next week!
There is some very hot competition for AIC spots this year, especially in the front row spots, personally I believe these positions should be dominated by the Villanova and St Peters teams.

And also the centres, some very tough competition there! Villa 12, SPC 12, SPLC 12, Laurence's 12 etc.

Goodluck!

Couldnt have put it any better mate

Status
Not open for further replies.