• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XRugbyX

Jamie Parker from Villa is a quality prop, simon mikaele from eddies will be a chance, the padua end eddies hookers were very impressive on saturday, from what i hear the captain of st peters is a quality prop as well.

As for flyhalf, based on round 1 probabley the iona 10[/QUOTE]

Yeah that worked out, Parker from what I have seen and been told by other spectators/ coaches has had a very ordinary season and has found himself in 2nd's!
I think you will find, St Peter's tighthead Eddie Wasaga Thomson or Aaron Sorridomi above him in the pecking order for the battle for AIC 1 prop.

Jonesy@Pad

Frank Row (1)
Clearly the rugby purists from the traditional AIC rugby schools are having a hard time adjusting to the fact that Padua can now play rugby along with producing more origin players than any other school in QLD. Get used to it everyone when the poo brown and wattle gold boys put their minds to something they are hard to beat!!

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Clearly the rugby purists from the traditional AIC rugby schools are having a hard time adjusting to the fact that Padua can now play rugby along with producing more origin players than any other school in QLD. Get used to it everyone when the poo brown and wattle gold boys put their minds to something they are hard to beat!!

congrats to the padua boys........ but the job is only half done, believe me a joint premiership doesn't feel the same as a outright one.
I just hope all the crowing doesn't indicate the eye is not on the prize. fingers cross that the players and support staff are not distracted

J

jerome

AIC 1:
1. simon miakele Sec
2. andrew manu Sec
3. aaron sorridimimi Villa
4. alex perez Pad
5. scott mains Villa
6. shane larkman Sec
7. matt muller Iona
8. terrin walls pats
9. scott maloou Ash
10. kurtis biueszheousen Iona
11. tyrone brimble Splc
12. sam johnson Sec
13. giles pats Spc
14. Tivita Ash
15. jonathan Kent Ash

AIC 2
1 ben lowis (pats)
2 Bart richie ( padua)
3 Alex hatzis (slc)
4 alex notting (ash)
5 jack otoole (padua)
6 lachlan gray (peters)
7 joe otoole (padua)
8 Tom milosevic (slc)
9 Simon gregg (slc)
10 Heta manuel (Sec)
11 Declan ballassa (Sec)
12 Christian welch (villa)
13 Tom dempsey (slc)
14 Elliot davies (ash)
15 Joe crowther (slc)

Don't know the reserves at the moment

J

jerome

These are the teams. I know because i have been in contact with a few of the coaches.

S

shlanky

These are the teams. I know because i have been in contact with a few of the coaches.

Fair enough. Could you possibly have your flankers mixed up? I am of the belief Matt Muller is from Ashgrove, not Iona? I could be wrong though!

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)

I think it's great that Padua have won the premiership and I hope they beat Ashgrove on Saturday and win it outright. However, in 2009 Iona were joint premiers and then only won one game in 2010. Villa are winless this year after being premiers in 2010. So the challenge for Padua is to be consistent in the years to come.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
AIC 1:
1. simon miakele Sec
2. andrew manu Sec
4. alex perez Pad
5. scott mains Villa
6. shane larkman Sec
7. matt muller Iona
8. terrin walls pats
9. scott maloou Ash
11. tyrone brimble Splc
12. sam johnson Sec
13. giles pats Spc
14. Tivita Ash
15. jonathan Kent Ash

AIC 2
1 ben lowis (pats)
2 Bart richie ( padua)
3 Alex hatzis (slc)
4 alex notting (ash)
5 jack otoole (padua)
6 lachlan gray (peters)
7 joe otoole (padua)
8 Tom milosevic (slc)
9 Simon gregg (slc)
10 Heta manuel (Sec)
11 Declan ballassa (Sec)
13 Tom dempsey (slc)
14 Elliot davies (ash)
15 Joe crowther (slc)

Lauries have understandably paid the price for their poor season but Tom Milosevic is very unlucky not to get an AIC 1 spot. Even more unlucky is the Padua centre who played AIC 1 last year and didn't make the starting lineup for 1 or 2. I would have had him at 13 in AIC 2. The teams aren't official though I guess.

J

jerome

I could have the position or school mixed up, but i am certain these are the players chosen.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lauries have understandably paid the price for their poor season but Tom Milosevic is very unlucky not to get an AIC 1 spot. Even more unlucky is the Padua centre who played AIC 1 last year and didn't make the starting lineup for 1 or 2. I would have had him at 13 in AIC 2. The teams aren't official though I guess.

You'll find that the Padua centre you are talking about whos name is Jack Creighton will play confraternity shield instead for padua. But yeah if confra wasn't on at the same time then he would of made aic 1 in my opinion

S

Steve-O

AIC 1:
1. simon miakele Sec
2. andrew manu Sec
4. alex perez Pad
5. scott mains Villa
6. shane larkman Sec
7. matt muller Iona
8. terrin walls pats
9. scott maloou Ash
11. tyrone brimble Splc
12. sam johnson Sec
13. giles pats Spc
14. Tivita Ash
15. jonathan Kent Ash

AIC 2
1 ben lowis (pats)
2 Bart richie ( padua)
3 Alex hatzis (slc)
4 alex notting (ash)
5 jack otoole (padua)
6 lachlan gray (peters)
7 joe otoole (padua)
8 Tom milosevic (slc)
9 Simon gregg (slc)
10 Heta manuel (Sec)
11 Declan ballassa (Sec)
13 Tom dempsey (slc)
14 Elliot davies (ash)
15 Joe crowther (slc)

congratulations to all the boys selected. Hopefully they will give the gps teams a run for their money

S

southsboy

They are probably going to confraternity.

Tom milosevic (slc) should have been in AIC 1.

The loose head for aic 1 was probably picked for his size as I have seen a couple of the Sec games and he does not have the skill in that position probably another leagie, their other prop has all the skill but lacks fitness.

Good to see Sam Johnson in this year heard he had to pull out because of injury last year.

Hope to watch some good games this year good luck AIC.

R

Rugby56

That's the smallest amount of Ashgrove players selected in AIC 1 for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.