• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rundog

Bob McCowan (2)
heard the Ashgrove number 5 had a blinder, but the inside backs still look shaky. My source says that the 10, 12 and 13 of Ashgrove have been average (at best) this season, apparently if you up the pressure they shoot themselves in the foot.

tim bethal is the number 5. had quite a strong game as did number 11 and 9. i would have to disagree with you in regards to the inside backs. Ashgrove only won the game because the defence was superb. 12 and 13 did especially well to hold off the very strong st pats centre combination. majority of the tries ashgrove scored came off there defensive efforts.

S

Shoulder Charge

[video=youtube;BPLMY8g0JKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPLMY8g0JKs[/video]

A penalty was awarded against SEC in their game vs Villa a week ago when Shane Larkman made a tackle bust while carrying the ball.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
tim bethal is the number 5. had quite a strong game as did number 11 and 9. i would have to disagree with you in regards to the inside backs. Ashgrove only won the game because the defence was superb. 12 and 13 did especially well to hold off the very strong st pats centre combination. majority of the tries ashgrove scored came off there defensive efforts.

My source did say that the inside and outside are great defensively but don't click in attack. I wasn't at the game so I don't know how they went, but I was at the SPLC game and I could count at least 3 tries that went begging because either the 12 dropped it or the 13 failed to give the ball on. My mate says there was a lot of drop balls and missed opportunities, but they had the defence to make up for it.

A

AIC Tragic

[video=youtube;BPLMY8g0JKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPLMY8g0JKs[/video]

A penalty was awarded against SEC in their game vs Villa a week ago when Shane Larkman made a tackle bust while carrying the ball.

It wasn't a shoulder charge it was for raising his forearm into the face of the player

rundog

Bob McCowan (2)
My source did say that the inside and outside are great defensively but don't click in attack. I wasn't at the game so I don't know how they went, but I was at the SPLC game and I could count at least 3 tries that went begging because either the 12 dropped it or the 13 failed to give the ball on. My mate says there was a lot of drop balls and missed opportunities, but they had the defence to make up for it.

Word has it that ashgrove's 13, played 9 and 10 last year for the second XV. could be struggling with the attacking difference there. and i don't think 12 is a notable ball player to begin with, looks as if he is there for he strong, straight running and his powerful one-on-one defence.

S

Shoulder Charge

If it was for raising his forearm why was the ref telling Larkman not to lead with his shoulder? Look in the video at the ref after the penalty is awarded - he even mimes a shoulder charge so everyone can see what he is awarding the penalty for.

D

Dreamer

My sources indicate that Ashgrove will be without their open side flanker and no.8
this will be a huge chance for lauries to gain some self respect next weekend

L

L-Time2011

its at runcorn. self respect , lauries lost after fulltime against pats and came very close against eddies. very harsh

G

gods_gift

My sources indicate that Ashgrove will be without their open side flanker and no.8
this will be a huge chance for lauries to gain some self respect next weekend

just confirming his comment. according to my valuable sources within the marist 1st xv camp, the team WILL be without these 2 vital members of what is the darkhorse forward pack of the comp. they have proved their dominance, but without number 7 and 8 this weekend, lauries do have a chance

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
So this weekends fixtures are :

Ashgrove vs St. Lauries
Padua vs SPLC
Iona vs Villanova
SPC vs SEC

predictions?

11emmottb

The number 10 for Ashgrove is in great form, kicked a magnificent goal from the side line on the weekend - he is a top class five-eight.

D

Dreamer

it was clear this weekend, while i was watching the ash 2nd XV that the 2 6'4 second rowers (Oliver McCall and nick Coughlan) were dominate in nearly every fasit of the game. possible AIC 2 selection.

J

Jeff Smith

Ash v slc - slc by 3
padua v splc - splc by 5
iona v villa - villa by 8
spc v sec - sec by 7

Status
Not open for further replies.