• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stinger

Completely agree with Admiral and Rugby1768 re the coaches at SEC and Padua. Eddies and Padua have been building over the past few years. I am so happy for the Padua boys because the 2 blokes that coach them also coach/help confro and they have cultivated a rugby and league culture rather than trying to make it 1 over the other - this way the leaguies are happy and proud to be involved with the rugby.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predictions for the games this weekend? The last round of aic already, hard to believe it. The games are as follows with the home team named first:

Padua Vs. Marist Ashgrove
St. Edmund's Vs. Iona
Villanova Vs. St. Patrick's
St. Laurence's Vs. St Peter's

K

Kprep

Predictions for the games this weekend? The last round of aic already, hard to believe it. The games are as follows with the home team named first:

St. Edmund's Vs. Iona

MCA
eddies
SPC
SLC

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)

St. Edmund's Vs. Iona

Hope Padua gets up but I think Ashgrove will be determined to not lose to a second school this year for the first time ever.
Eddies just but Iona will be very competitive.
Villa to upset a Patties side who I think have been the most disappointing side this season after Lauries and Villa.
Lauries to finally get a second win for the season which they should have got back in round 2.

Pity the season is so short, it's a long 10 month wait for redemption for the schools who have had poor seasons.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Hope Padua gets up but I think Ashgrove will be determined to not lose to a second school this year for the first time ever.
Villa to upset a Patties side who I think have been the most disappointing side this season after Lauries and Villa.
Lauries to finally get a second win for the season which they should have got back in round 2.

Pity the season is so short, it's a long 10 month wait for redemption for the schools who have had poor seasons.

Agree with your assessment - the best thing about this season has been the closeness of all teams - there was no real blowouts this year compared to prior years. SLC and Villa had poor years but were still in a position to win almost every game. Rather have that sort of competition anytime.

S

stinger

Actually the mighty Marist Ashgrove had the colours lowered twice last season. First by Villa who were undefeated and also by Lauries.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree with your assessment - the best thing about this season has been the closeness of all teams - there was no real blowouts this year compared to prior years. SLC and Villa had poor years but were still in a position to win almost every game. Rather have that sort of competition anytime.

With this competitiveness, it makes it extra special for the premiership team. In saying this, I really hope Padua gets over Marist this weekend. If not then 3 teams get to share the glory which proves how close the competition was this year.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Actually the mighty Marist Ashgrove had the colours lowered twice last season. First by Villa who were undefeated and also by Lauries.

Yes but Ashgrove had lost to Villa (many years ago) and Lauries in the past. Ashgrove had never lost to Eddies before this year and have never lost to Padua before.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
and St Pats have yet to break their duck against Ashgrove as well. I know Iona has beaten Ash and recall St Peters also doing it in the early 2000s when they last won a premiership. It might be Pats on their own after this weekend.

Jonesy@Pad

Frank Row (1)
Come everyone get together and support the underdogs and help push Padua over the line. If you want to see a good game of footy get out to Banyo a massive crowd is expected out there the school has been heavily promoting it.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
and St Pats have yet to break their duck against Ashgrove as well. I know Iona has beaten Ash and recall St Peters also doing it in the early 2000s when they last won a premiership. It might be Pats on their own after this weekend.

Did they? Closest one I can think of is 2001, when SLC beat Ashgrove, Ashgrove beat St Peters, St Peters beat SLC, causing a three-way tie for the premiership.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Yep, they were posted a few pages back.

AIC 1:
1. simon miakele Sec
2. andrew manu Sec
3. aaron sorridimimi Villa
4. alex perez Pad
5. scott mains Villa
6. shane larkman Sec
7. matt muller Iona
8. terrin walls pats
9. scott maloou Ash
10. kurtis biueszheousen Iona
11. tyrone brimble Splc
12. sam johnson Sec
13. giles pats Spc
14. Tivita Ash
15. jonathan Kent Ash

AIC 2
1 ben lowis (pats)
2 Bart richie ( padua)
3 Alex hatzis (slc)
4 alex notting (ash)
5 jack otoole (padua)
6 lachlan gray (peters)
7 joe otoole (padua)
8 Tom milosevic (slc)
9 Simon gregg (slc)
10 Heta manuel (Sec)
11 Declan ballassa (Sec)
12 Christian welch (villa)
13 Tom dempsey (slc)
14 Elliot davies (ash)
15 Joe crowther (slc)

Don't know the reserves at the moment

A

AIC scout.

BGS going shopping.

words out that Brisbane grammar are trying to lock in fly half, inside center and fullback from St Laurences College U16's A team for 2012 first rugby season.:confused:

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
Huge crowd at Banyo - Ref smashed Padua today - lopsided penalty count and two concurrent send-offs early in second half had Padua backpedalling after 10-10 half time - for repeated infringements i believe - made all the difference with the result IMO- honest appraisal - not much between the two sides -Ashgrove backs looked sharper but their forwards were owned by the bigger Paduans - Ashgrove 15 was disgraceful in in goal after a Padua try - biggest spac attack I've seen by a First XV player - shame as he appears to have promise - needs to look at his attitude and accept opposition tries will be scored - great game overall - probably weakest Ashgrove side in last 10 years so credit to them for hanging in
Ash over Padua 24-17. Hearing a couple of Padua yellows in the 2nd half.
- Padua attacking Ashgrove try line meters out minutes from full time - repeated Ashgrove infringements but no send offs so the inconsistency was disappointing -

Status
Not open for further replies.