• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AICgossip14

Villanova very slow front row forward pack, lazy and soft. Although have decent size

have also heard this, hopeful top 4 chances but i cant see this happening with the standard of the forward pack in 16a's 2013 deffinetly looking at the marist brothers to take out 2014

AICRugby123

Bob McCowan (2)
have also heard this, hopeful top 4 chances but i cant see this happening with the standard of the forward pack in 16a's 2013 deffinetly looking at the marist brothers to take out 2014

Villas only hope will be from the year 12's and if players can make an impact of the bench

A

AICgossip14

Villanova have no depth from the year level below, you are spot on their only hope is in the year 12's

couldnt agree more they are reliant upon the year 12s as the forward pack in 15a's were very horrible

AICRugby123

Bob McCowan (2)
Villanova have no depth from the year level below, you are spot on their only hope is in the year 12's

I've heard only 2 players from year 11 are in the squad but they do have a lot of loose forwards but lacking in the front row, they cant afford an injury. Whats the thought of there back line?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
On a more serious note, how many of Iona's 2013 First XV are returning this year.

I know of Carroll and Dingwall, anyone else?

A

AICgossip14

On a more serious note, how many of Iona's 2013 First XV are returning this year.

I know of Carroll and Dingwall, anyone else?

i heard Carroll has gotten injured as of late? but i believe carroll, dingwwall, yabsley who started some games 2013 will feature in there team but also leadbetter got some late valuble minutes in some games from memory game 1 vs SPLC scored a late try to win the game surely he will gain starting spot

any other news on some teams (Villa, Eddies, Ashgrove?)

A

AICgossip14

whats your reasoning with these thought will would be higher up with eddies and marist with the likes of Elijah, kenrick, cameron and sam thong

i dont think villa will be up to standard but they may prove allot of people including me, just my opinion but may be a few upsets this year 1st place is wide open for the taking by any team

gossipboy2xoxo

Bob McCowan (2)
i dont think villa will be up to standard but they may prove allot of people including me, just my opinion but may be a few upsets this year 1st place is wide open for the taking by any team

Very true about anyone being able to take out the premiership of 2014. Not too sure about Ashgrove & Lauries being in the top 3 best backlines as well though and pats at #4? for all I know i that they have Reagan Glynn that's it. Who else would be in their backline?

I

ionapremiers2014

correct me if im wrong but with lauries having a junior gold starting 10, starting front row, winger, and many more forwards, having multiple people in the first XV who have both won Div 1. 100m and 200m at AIC track and field, having a samoan import alapati, and having nic "jizz" jesberg who runs at a state and national level for hurdles also in the backline, its fair to say that St. laurence's has a fair chance as one of the top teams in AIC rugby, as long as they work well together. also keeping in mind that this age group's lowest placing ever in AIC rugby was 3rd which happened in 2012, every other year was either first or second. what is everyones reasoning for prediciting st. laurence's to place 5th-8th in 2014

I

ionapremiers2014

There is no doubt they have a talented 10 with Filipo but I'm concerned with their commitment to their bodies. Since winning the premiership they have deteriorated and have looked less dangerous every year. Jordan Bayne is no doubt a great player who can cause a lot of mismatches on the wing but he is not as fast as previous years and I know multiple schools who have faster runners than him. Definitely can't sleep on Lauries though, they will take advantage on any team that plays lackluster against them, hard to see them finishing 5th-8th.
if you knew much about this age group for lauries you would know that tuiavii jahnke has been the starting 10 for 2 years and is the starting 10 for junior gold, ian has a better chance at outside backs, being a solid runner and good ball skills he will be very dangerous at the outside backs. what were you referring to when you said concerned about their bodies?

A

AICgossip14

There is no doubt they have a talented 10 with Filipo but I'm concerned with their commitment to their bodies. Since winning the premiership they have deteriorated and have looked less dangerous every year. Jordan Bayne is no doubt a great player who can cause a lot of mismatches on the wing but he is not as fast as previous years and I know multiple schools who have faster runners than him. Definitely can't sleep on Lauries though, they will take advantage on any team that plays lackluster against them, hard to see them finishing 5th-8th.

from what ive heard filipo wont make starting 10? enough on the lauries side of things as i feel alot of this above information is abit bullshit i you ask me...

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
from what ive heard filipo wont make starting 10? enough on the lauries side of things as i feel alot of this above information is abit bullshit i you ask me.
i have also heard this information that filipo will be play fullback for the seconds, while jack healy will be run on fullback for the firsts

Status
Not open for further replies.