• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
A St. Edmunds team cannot not be put in the blank I think they will kick off the season with a big one and continue that form throughout the season because I have caught some of their games and it seems that they are a team and do things for each other not for themselves. I think they could have a really good crack at the season ! Especially with a very under rated back line that will step up into the big shoes of previous back lines

Completely agree with this. What's the go with Williamson do you know? When is he right to come back from the ankle injury?

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are there any other possible year 11's for AIC 1 or 2 apart from O'Toole (Year 10)

have been through a few names but cant see any of them taking out an AIC spot with O'Toole and Tapitata being year 10 and 11 respectively the only two not in the major pool of year 12ers who will heavily dominate the selection for AIC 1 and 2

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Completely agree with this. What's the go with Williamson do you know? When is he right to come back from the ankle injury?

Williamson is back and ready to go stronger than ever from what ive heard after completing strong rehab and tested at training in heavier contact session the word is out he is back for round 1 against SLC, and for eddies however i see them being one of the powerhouse teams, a team with a strong pack and strong backs who will step up to be an indestructible backline ive always thought this year would be a three way tie, but after seeing a rampaging VILLA side in the first 10 minutes against SLC if they can keep that style of rugby up for the whole game and not drop out at the end of the first half and allow the other team back into the game i can see the premiership coming down to Round 7 where VILLA play SEC not sure which way im leaning at the moment 3-way tie or and undefeated premier? thoughts

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
have been through a few names but cant see any of them taking out an AIC spot with O'Toole and Tapitata being year 10 and 11 respectively the only two not in the major pool of year 12ers who will heavily dominate the selection for AIC 1 and 2

Before you get too carried away, you'll be surprised to know there isn't an AIC 2 side being selected this year. AIC1 and leftovers will go into a chairman's side. Good luck selecting this AIC side at the start of the season, most 1stXV sides have barely been picked yet. I expect this season will uncover some hidden talents - expect the unexpected.... Upsets will be a common trend, every team is beatable, and every team has some potential. Injuries and referees will decide this premiership.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Before you get too carried away, you'll be surprised to know there isn't an AIC 2 side being selected this year. AIC1 and leftovers will go into a chairman's side. Good luck selecting this AIC side at the start of the season, most 1stXV sides have barely been picked yet. I expect this season will uncover some hidden talents - expect the unexpected.. Upsets will be a common trend, every team is beatable, and every team has some potential. Injuries and referees will decide this premiership.

That is new information to me sounds like a good idea making a chairmans side something they do quite frequently in rugby league. yes Behindthescenes this is why i was leaning towards the threeway tie, except after watching villa do something i havent seen in schoolboy rugby for a long time playing expansive rugby was amazing, while watching eddies and theyre backs i was thinking a round 7 battle

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yabsley definately in starting team and looking very agressive in attack and defence from fullback.

agree thought he was the stand out on Saturday, however not hard in a pretty weak team. the replacement 10 was decent too, he certainly did not look like he belong out there with his flamingo legs but played very well.

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
Was at the Eddies vs Padua game on the weekend. was a very entertaining game, many individual brilliance was shown. I have heard speculations that Padua talent Jordan Fewings was ruled out for the season after doing his acl. I would like to put these rumors to rest, I spotted Fewings at the match walking perfectly fine...

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Kyle Cook from the 16s, he is way too small but has a great skill set and he toughened up as he got into the game. It was also good to see Jesse Collingwood at 8 back in a rugby jersey after three years playing rep volleyball.

Wynnumbug how to you think Cook would go at 9 inside of Carroll assuming Carroll is fit for the weekend, who played 9 on Saturday?

Boaa1980

Frank Row (1)
I watched the peter vs pats game on sat. First game of AIC I have watched. Forwards were pretty evenly matched, peters back line seemed to make line breaks regularly. 15 12 and 13 in particular had a good combo with 15 being the main ball player. 10 was solid but a lot of backline movement came from quick pass to 15 who would create play wider. Both wingers were quick and good finishers. Not sure on quality of pats back line but peters were far superior in this game. From what I can gather 15 and 12 are league boys who are boarders. 7 and 8 were strong in the forwards as well. 12 was best player on field

Rugby_master

Frank Row (1)
Cameron torpi has high expectations for this season. However his performance on Saturday was very miserable and has started his season with horrible form, don't expect villa to be very competitive as they are a very cocky side and won't be expecting hard footy played by other schools

packitdown

Bob McCowan (2)
All this talk about Villa's inside backs but haven't heard much about the men on the outside, how are they shaping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.