• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

call-an-ambo

Bob McCowan (2)
Villa's reserves will be reliant on their key impact player Thomas Schouten coming off the bench with strong crash balls out wide.

Should be interesting to see if he survives the season with several injuries having him ruled out of the 2014 1st side. He has been known to have a defense line ruining crash ball. Shall be good to see him finally play again this week in the 2nds against Padua.

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
There has been plenty of unnecessary talk coming from the St Laurence's students after their defeat to rival school Villanova college. Such use of words like "Villanova are cocky", this may be true but when a schools wins with such a high score they can be. The St Laurence's students have been whining for days after the match. I am giving you guys critical feedback that you need to cop the loss on the chin and move forward. I only hope they don't carry on like this after every round, otherwise it is going to be a very long season for us all...

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
Will be a very interesting match between Marist Brothers Ashgrove against St Patricks College this weekend up at shorncliffe. Both teams are reasonably even matched sides. Marist Brothers have talent across the whole starting 15. Where as St Patrick's has some stars that can easily win the game for them. But in this case my tip for this weekend is to the Marist boys 29-21.

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
What's everyone's prediction for this weekend?
Iona vs Peters @ Peters
Villa vs Padua @ Padua
SLC vs Eddies @ Eddies
Pats vs Ashgrove @ Pats

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Iona vs Peters- IONA
Villa vs Padua- VILLA
SLC vs Eddies- EDDIES
Pats vs Ashgrove- ASHGROVE

some good tips and i respect your opinion, although my tips are as followed:

Villa vs Padua - Padua
I believe Villa are a very strong team and will challenge Padua to a game that goes to the final minute, but i believe with the late inclusion of Jordan Fewings from Padua he will spark a late comeback that will get Padua over the line in the late period of both halfs were Villa start to fall asleep and take the foot off the pedal. Will be a close one but
Padua 25 Villa 23

SLC vs Eddies - Eddies
Eddies running all over SLC in this one just like last year. High scoring game but Eddies victorious.
Eddies 42 SLC 15

Pats vs Ashgrove - Pats
A very close game here with Ashgrove having a strong team all around the park although Pats with the two to three strike players who will strike early and allow a challenege incapable of for the bumblebees. Pats strong winners.
Pats 28 Ashgrove 7

Iona vs Peters - Peters
With Iona only beating Peters by a small margain in 2013 at their home ground, this year with a much weaker side travelling to Peters is a tough ask for the black and white boys in round 1. With Iona physically overpowered against an NZ school they will struggle with the numerous imports of SPLC with them winning convincingly on Saturday.
Peter 17 Iona 5

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
What forward pack predictions this week?

who will have a better pack

Padua and villas
Eddies vs Laurie's
Peters vs Iona
Pats vs MCA

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
What forward pack predictions this week?

who will have a better pack

Padua and villas
Eddies vs Laurie's
Peters vs Iona
Pats vs MCA

Villa will dominate Padua at scrumtime having one of the biggest packs in AIC

Eddies will dominate a rather small SLC pack who is undersized compared to previous years.

Peters and Ionas packs will be around the same with both backs not the smallest in AIC but deffinately not the biggest.

Pats pack will be domiated by a big MCA pack

Rugby Mentor Greg

Stan Wickham (3)
Iona vs Peters- tipping Iona due to the experience of returning premiership players ding well and Jayden Carroll aswell as strike weapon David yabsley
Villa vs Padua- tipping villa, too big too strong in the back line with Kendric felu and Cameron torpy
Eddies vs SLC- tipping eddies behind a strong home crowd and superstar fullback Clifton setu continuing his strong form from last year.
Ashgrove vs Pats- tipping ashgrove as their forward pack will simply overpower pats

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Iona vs Peters- tipping Iona due to the experience of returning premiership players ding well and Jayden Carroll aswell as strike weapon David yabsley
Villa vs Padua- tipping villa, too big too strong in the back line with Kendric felu and Cameron torpy
Eddies vs SLC- tipping eddies behind a strong home crowd and superstar fullback Clifton setu continuing his strong form from last year.
Ashgrove vs Pats- tipping ashgrove as their forward pack will simply overpower pats

i respect your tips but i do believe that jayden carroll suffering from a concussion after having 4 teeth bent backwards from the weekends game so as it stands he is in doubt for this weekends game and possibly next weeks against villa

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
Yes i believe none of the top four sides are playing against each other this week in round 1. So for my personal opinion my top four sides IONA, VILLA, EDDIES and ASHGROVE will all get the win and snatch the points for this week. Good luck to all schools playing this week.

Sir

Bob McCowan (2)
There has been plenty of unnecessary talk coming from the St Laurence's students after their defeat to rival school Villanova college. Such use of words like "Villanova are cocky", this may be true but when a schools wins with such a high score they can be. The St Laurence's students have been whining for days after the match. I am giving you guys critical feedback that you need to cop the loss on the chin and move forward. I only hope they don't carry on like this after every round, otherwise it is going to be a very long season for us all.

Funny you say that, I do not believe they have been whining.. I believe a loss for them is the best thing for them.. maybe it will get rid of all the cockyness they had, I predict a major rebound from their match against villa however I do not see them beating eddies @eddies. Would like to see all the villa blokes walk the walk because at the moment they are also all talk.

My Tips:
Peters
Padua
Eddies
Pats

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
Funny you say that, I do not believe they have been whining.. I believe a loss for them is the best thing for them.. maybe it will get rid of all the cockyness they had, I predict a major rebound from their match against villa however I do not see them beating eddies @eddies. Would like to see all the villa blokes walk the walk because at the moment they are also all talk.

My Tips:
Peters
Padua
Eddies
Pats

I totally agree with you that the loss is the best thing for them, hopefully they will learn from it and come back better this week. Although i do see it as unfair that you stated "would like to see all the villa blocked walk the walk because at the moment they are also all talk". Where they proved to St Laurence's on Saturday they can do more then talk. But backed that talk up with a successful win..

Status
Not open for further replies.