• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbychat101

Stan Wickham (3)
Round 2 Tips
PETERS - PADUA: PADUA by 3
ST.EDDIES - PATS: PATS by 5
VILLA - IONA: IONA by 7
LAURIES - MARIST: MARIST by 14

Very exciting round keen to see what two teams come out undefeated.

Florin FlomFlom

Frank Row (1)
Ashgrove Round 2 Line up as followed

1 Tom Stewart
2 Beau Harvey
3 Tommy Smith
4 James Lancashire
5 Daniel Byrne
6 Declan O'sullivan
7 Jayden McCormack
8 Patrick Beveridge
9 Will Rafter
10 Joe Kosiek
11 Felipipi Talinoa
12 Lachlan Jackson
13 Norman Kamba
14 Dylan Cooper
15 Seb Fahey

Ashgrove this week bringing in an import from Sunny bank on the wing, cousins with Lachlan Jackson, Felipipi is around 110kgs with extreme pace on him. This pick up is vital for Ashgrove to get over the line against Lauries this week. With many different changes including the outside centre brought up from the 16s Norman Kamba it is seemed to be an interesting weekend ahead for this enormous Ashgrove back line that in the past has not be seen.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Villa were outclassed by a tight Paduan Unit. the brown and gold stuck together in a team fought win. 12 and 13 from villa were shut down pretty early and weren't a real threat. The one time torpy did break the line he was put on his arse by Padua's 15, 60 kg's the lesser. Villa ran in 2 late tries but didn't look to threaten after Padua had 28 on the board. Don't get me wrong the boys from Kedron did play well but still need to tweak their back line attack, most tries coming from forwards. Padua to finish top 4 this year in the mix with peters, pats and Iona.

Tom O'Toole played his arse off. He's a class act. I reckon he'll go further than his brothers, maybe even Queensland Schools later (who were in the 2011 premiership team.)

Buggie

Frank Row (1)
Incidentally, there is nothing wrong with a 'well-rounded' education (works for the french now and the greeks in the past) so I'd say it is for the positive. If I had boys, I'd certainly send them to Marist or Iona.

Good 'luck to the 'blue and gold' this week against their old nemesis. I pray that as mentioned above my wish is that the boys head down to the 'Gallopers', 'Bugs' or Redcliffe 'Dolphins' after us adults continue our talking off the field in the next season.

I couldnt agree more with Eric Grothe Super Rugby's post. I am a Lauries old boy with sons at Iona. I played soccer through my school days but started rugby in my 1st year of Uni. I have been so fortunate that rugby has come into my life. I have been able to play overseas, play some limited rep rugby and make some lifelong mates. To all the boys in the 1sts, 2nds, 3rds down to 5ths, be it GPS, AIC, TAS, get down to your local club and keep playing!!! You won't regret it.

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
If an argument is based in school fees, then please explain Peters:
Their school fees are the highest pushing $17.5 k/p.a (top 5-6 in Qld)
Yet they have been more competitive int he last 6 years.

I do agree that the kids at ashgrove probably aren't from the same working class as they were 20 years ago..but it is still up the rugby program and the structures within a school to breed success. I am well aware that no one is more capable of doing this than Ashgrove. But I think that the environment you grew up in is determinative on the type of rugby you play. The peters teams of late have been heavy on boarders - regional and PNG. So the school fee sort he area they live in shouldn't really be an indicator

Amanwholovesfooty

Bob McCowan (2)
Ashgrove Round 2 Line up as followed

1 Tom Stewart
2 Beau Harvey
3 Tommy Smith
4 James Lancashire
5 Daniel Byrne
6 Declan O'sullivan
7 Jayden McCormack
8 Patrick Beveridge
9 Will Rafter
10 Joe Kosiek
11 Felipipi Talinoa
12 Lachlan Jackson
13 Norman Kamba
14 Dylan Cooper
15 Seb Fahey

Ashgrove this week bringing in an import from Sunny bank on the wing, cousins with Lachlan Jackson, Felipipi is around 110kgs with extreme pace on him. This pick up is vital for Ashgrove to get over the line against Lauries this week. With many different changes including the outside centre brought up from the 16s Norman Kamba it is seemed to be an interesting weekend ahead for this enormous Ashgrove back line that in the past has not be seen.
Now look I am be wrong here but I thought that you had to be at the school since year 11 to be eligible for the 1st team, if that's true wouldn't this new import from sunny bank not be aloud to play for ashgrove ??

Sparky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Eddies 41-26 pats

15-13 ht

Eddies just too good, great scrum, solid line out and electric outside backs. Number 15 setup and scored about 3-4 tries himself and is a real star for the future. Number 10 for eddies needs to pass abit quicker to his outside backs. Pats troubled to clear there own half and when they did 15 counter attack was just too good for them. Pats played good rugby when they had the ball but didn't see much of it. Every time they touched eddies 22 they basically came away with points which is another concern. I think eddies are the team to beat this year but also reckon pats are another contender just behind them. Pats defiantly the surprise package of the year.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Iona over Villa in a close one, best on field Villa Rotscheid-Felu
Iona Yabsley and Dingwell.
Torpy for Villa very overrated,

Petty sure Villa did not win a game today at Wynnum and some cricket scores,

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Iona over Villa in a close one, best on field Villa Rotscheid-Felu
Iona Yabsley and Dingwell.
Torpy for Villa very overrated,

Petty sure Villa did not win a game today at Wynnum and some cricket scores,
Just big and aggressive. Dropped the ball too many to many times.

Mainsail

Frank Nicholson (4)
Surely this will now silence those who don't think Padua will go the distance this season. Great performance from the boys.
Just one intercept try the difference, don't think the other teams have too much to worry about. SPLC centres able to line break regularly and break tackles and smaller pack held their own also.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Ashgrove 39-12 over lauries. Lauries probably had the best of the first half and wasted many opportunities in ashgroves half and should have scored more points in the first half. half time was 12-7 to ashgrove and then in the 2nd half too many unforced errors by the lauries backs (particuarly back three) put them under to much pressure and the ashgrove scored about 4 tries to one in the second half.

best for lauries:
Eddie Dinneen (4)
Mitchell Schneider (5)
Reece Carlton (8)

best for ashgrove
Tom Stewert (1)
Daniel Byrne (4)
Seb Fahey (15)

Eric Grothe Sr

Frank Nicholson (4)
Eddies 41-26 pats

15-13 ht

Eddies just too good, great scrum, solid line out and electric outside backs. Number 15 setup and scored about 3-4 tries himself and is a real star for the future. Number 10 for eddies needs to pass abit quicker to his outside backs. Pats troubled to clear there own half and when they did 15 counter attack was just too good for them. Pats played good rugby when they had the ball but didn't see much of it. Every time they touched eddies 22 they basically came away with points which is another concern. I think eddies are the team to beat this year but also reckon pats are another contender just behind them. Pats defiantly the surprise package of the year.
Sparky I was also there today. This is certainly not an Eddies team that are void of discipline. I thought early in the first half when SPC took over that they were looking like a rugby team that would make the Ipswich men 'blow-up' like the 'old days' - when they didn't like to travel or be pressured. My team, SPC at times lacked discipline but really as said above the 15 is a star from SEC and SPC made too many mistakes. The goal-line defence from SEC is average however. If Padua beat SPLC and have a forwrd pack who like one on one contact then they will be the team to beat. If they are Leaguies like those before them in the 'poo and wee' colours, I would be praying for set pieces so that their centres can do their bit against the 'blue and whites'. St Francis (started the Fransiscans) may be praying louder than Eddie Rice at this point.

Eric Grothe Sr

Frank Nicholson (4)
I couldnt agree more with Eric Grothe Super Rugby's post. I am a Lauries old boy with sons at Iona. I played soccer through my school days but started rugby in my 1st year of Uni. I have been so fortunate that rugby has come into my life. I have been able to play overseas, play some limited rep rugby and make some lifelong mates. To all the boys in the 1sts, 2nds, 3rds down to 5ths, be it GPS, AIC, TAS, get down to your local club and keep playing!!! You won't regret it.
I wish I listened to my coaches who said to stop playing the 'mungo' game (that I love) and travel the world playing the 15 man/woman game like you Buggie. The team I stuck with is now the home of Qld cricket - what a piece of real estate right next door to Brothers Rugby Union. I do not have sons but can tell you that playing is all that matters is wwhat I instill in my girls.

Bruss_machine

Frank Row (1)
Padua were very lucky to come away with a win again today. Died in the arse (yet again) but got over against a big peters side. Peters ran over quick tries in the last 10-15 minutes which leaves the crowd thinking Padua can't go the distance. If they can't fight out the full 70 minutes how would one expect them to play quality rugby for the rest of the season.

Garry

Frank Row (1)
The SPLC tight 5 were poor today with none of them having a major impact on the game leaving it up to their breakaways and backs to do all the work

Rugbychat101

Stan Wickham (3)
Padua yet again coming away with an easy win, Paduan backs showed spectacular skills and made the peters back 3 look like children. Peters forwards were strong but not consistent enough which ended in paduas pack running circles around them

Status
Not open for further replies.