• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_Union

Bob McCowan (2)
"Well enough" isn't good enough.

'RuncornXV' no need to get upset. You should be happy slc got one player in the team. No disrespect to Hansen-Luther but watching the game on Saturday he was no better than the young Villanova prop, Ethan Henderson?

ruckhudson

Peter Burge (5)
The whole idea of AIC selection is to trial for QLD schoolboys isnt it?? Thats why individuals should be selected on their skill set, speed and their size. How many true chances are in AIC 1 to gain Qld schoolboys jersey??

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
The whole idea of AIC selection is to trial for QLD schoolboys isnt it?? Thats why individuals should be selected on their skill set, speed and their size. How many true chances are in AIC 1 to gain Qld schoolboys jersey??

i think 2 or 3

call-an-ambo

Bob McCowan (2)
You'd think that if the Villa team had that much personal talent, they'd be top of the ladder, mate. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that there are better players for these positions.

Mate, that honestly has nothing to do with it. Villa's major standout players were named which is fair enough. dont get your nickers in a knot because everyone thinks you're wrong.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
You'd think that if the Villa team had that much personal talent, they'd be top of the ladder, mate. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that there are better players for these positions.

villa would have pumped ashgrove and iona if they were at full strength

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
no not the only team but from what i can imagine the only team with 6 injuries to starting XV players for those rounds

Kamilo Sitanalue

Frank Row (1)
ashgrove pumped villanova and were not even at full strength either, obviously you have a very strong bias argument. The scores say it, villanova played well but were no match for ash.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
ashgrove pumped villanova and were not even at full strength either, obviously you have a very strong bias argument. The scores say it, villanova played well but were no match for ash.

just stating the fact that with villanova missing there starting
then with #7, #5, coming of injured in the first half it was obvious they were way understrength... as ashgrove were aswell it would of been interesting to see both teams up to full strength. as we know ashgrove have the depth as they pumped villanova 91-0? in 2nd XV so the depth is there for ashgrove where not so much for villa. may have been a different story.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very close to shutting this thread down for a while.

Let's leave the name calling and personal stuff (and responses) out of it.

Discussion on scholarships and imports is to be conducted in the appropriate thread, not here.

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
By having a look at the GPS 1 side on the QLD GPS thread I think this AIC 1 team could give them a run for their money. Only weak point in the AIC team agaisnt the GPS 1 side I think will be in the front row with the likes of Luka, Mafi, and McColl

RuncornXV

Frank Row (1)
If all you are going to add is a simple self congratulatory "So Close", then don't waste everyone else's time by using the "reply" button to a previous very long post.

Most readers find it very annoying.

Mod

So Close

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
From my knowledge the #12 not only played QLD WHITE But played AIC 2 last year as a grade 11er. One of the most explosive backs in the competition. Couldn't think of a player more worthy of the #10 position

my point exactly, some people on here making judgements purely based off one game which they have watched against there team. villas 12 now AIC 10, has a big shot of making Qld

aussieschoolboys

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone have any prediction for the 2015 AIC team? I'll give it a crack going of current year 11's in this years 1st XV teams.

~ Means that I don't know or heard of anyone

1. Jack Kelly (SPC) (#2 2014 1st XV)
2. Fraser Holding (PAD) (BENCH 2014 1st XV)
3. Tom O'Tool (PAD) (#3 2014 1st XV)
4. ~
5. ~
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC) (#8 2014 1st XV)
7. ~
8. Archie Taylor (SEC) (#8 2014 1st XV)
9. Tom Macdonald (SEC) (#9 2014 1st XV)
10. Carter Auld (SEC) (#10 2013 1st XV)
11. Andrew Richardson (SEC) (#14 2014 1st XV)
12. Mana Cecil (SPC) (#12 2014 1st XV)
13. Steven Tatipata (SPLC) (#13 2014 1st XV)
14. Josh Fernandez (SEC) (#13 2014 1st XV)
15. Brent Woolf (SPLC) (#12 2014 1st XV)

Feel free to fill in the missing spots!

aussieschoolboys

Frank Nicholson (4)
A number of them players I listed are league players. It'll be interesting to see if Confro doesn't clash with the QLD schoolboys trials next year. Does anyone know if it does?

NewComer

Frank Row (1)
Anyone have any prediction for the 2015 AIC team? I'll give it a crack going of current year 11's in this years 1st XV teams.

4. ~
5. ~
7. ~

A few contenders from Villa
1. Ethan Henderson
9/15. Max Baker
Also another back that hasn't played the past few weeks but started the season strong as a winger i think? Can anyone provide me with a name and confirmation of year 11?

4. ~
5. ~
7. ~

aussieschoolboys

Frank Nicholson (4)
My prediction for next year:

SEC
PADUA
SPC
ASHGROVE
SPLC
IONA
VILLANOVA
LAURIES

Next year will defiantly be out of eddies, padua and pats. Peter's might have 2 queensland league players, but they are both backs, and I reckon teams will just target their forwards. But, as every year for the past 2 or so years you'll be guaranteed to see new faces next year at Peter's...

Status
Not open for further replies.