• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom beikoff

Bob McCowan (2)
I also heard that FootballWizard, crazy how the word goes round! I also heard going around the twittersphere that the SLC first XV team have been hit with some serious backline power. Reilly Jones continues to hit the gym putting on 1.6 kilos a week, Ian fillipo is getting more likes by the day along with Tom Beikoff for the progression shots on insty. However, some of the biggest news to come to my ears this week is that SLC are looking to import star fullback from St. Augestine's college in Western Sydney. Another striking piece of news is that the AIC 1 predicted winger 'the chez' has broken his left hand in a taco eating competition south of the border. Another one of the rumours i have heard is that the man himself Sam Jackson is looking to step up from 16 D's undefeated captain to take the 4th black jersey from Mitchell Schneider or Matt Lenarduzzi . He's started by reducing the darbs and has really built a killer pace.Watch out SLC AIC knows what is coming. #you'vebeenhawked
Check out my latest progress shot, be prepared AIC!

I

ionapremiers2014

Padua accurate team prediction with background information

1) Tom Otoole: A large young mobile front rower who has been in the padua ranks for years look for a big year out of him with his big frame tipping 110kg+

2) Alister wisemen: Another big unit who is also mobile although struggles with his lineouts will be an asset to the team after having first XV experience this year

3) up for grabs

4) Michael Wazyniak: Huge boy with enormous strength struggles with his ability but his size will defiantly add to the forward pack can't jump in the lineout though

5) Conor Gentile: Set to lead this team with his rep experience this year with qld, a very dominant player with his size and speed should captain the side with a full season in firsts this year

6) Sam Hinton: The big red head is a tough player with a high work rate, struggles abit In attack but gives it his all plenty of first XV experience aswell.

7) Jordan gentile: A very quick flanker who is capable of playing in the backs if needed lacks size however but gives it 100% always potent in attack

8) Tyrone Tsartoglou: Hot head who struggles to keep his calm, the most defensive player In the pack who defiantly knows to put on a hit.

9) Chris Morris: Looking to back up his good year in firsts this year, a good pass good defender and threatens the line

10) Lawson Creighton: Best pass in the aic great playmaker and had a stellar season in the 15's

11) John honour: Slight figure but boosts enormous potential with his strength and speed. Look for him to be dangerous next year .

12) new kid from NZ looks the sorts

13) jack peoples: The strike power in the backs with his size and strength hits holes very well and holds a strong connection with creighton

14) Liam Attwood: Small but also like honour has good speed look for him and honour to score try's off the back of peoples also holds first XV experience.

15) Jordan fewings: Great talent with multiple assets with his kicking passing and running game looking to have a better year than this years efforts in first XV

I do like the sound of this team but I am still unsure as why Padua are being talk up to be the "favourites." The reason so many boys played firsts this year is because of how poor there team was going. Also there 16 A's coming 4th or 5th. Teams such as Iona and Lauries with there big forwards and quick backs will cause Padua a lot of problems i'd imagine.

Chiefdaddy01

Frank Row (1)
st. pats first XV predictions
1. junior's brother
2. junior's eldest son
3. junior's G
4. Junior's sole
5. junior's other brother
6. Junior fukakdfbvabsgiubanscsdfrvjusnskv (26 years of age) (C)
7. Junior's cousin
8. Junior Junior
9. Junior again

junior does not need anymore players to win
ive heard juniors G moved to padua grade 10?

rugbygenius03

Frank Row (1)
Villanova First 15 2014 predictions
1. Alex Lockett - AIC 1or 2
2.Richard Barnwall
3.Kyle Walker- Chairmans
4.William Sankey-AIC 2 or Chairmans
5.Jayden Daley
6.George Carter - Chairmans
7.Peter Harding -AIC 2
8. Alex Curcuruto - Chairmans
9.Elijah Lui - Chairmans
10.Ryan Cameron- AIC 1 or 2
11. Samuel Thong - AIC 2
12.Cameron Torpy -AIC 1
13.Connor Heath
14.Thomas Cronin
15.Kenric Felu AIC 1
16. Mitchell Ross
17. Ethan Henderson
18.Nicholas McBride
19.??
20.Max Baker
21. Joshua Mullins

Strong Villanova Team with new coaching staff for 2014 season and beyond. only problem is depth and lack of weight in forward pack.. yet again the height is there. just not the mass to create a wrecking ball forward pack.

key players to look out for
1. Alex Lockett - second year in first 15, hard running/tackling workhorse
7. Peter Harding- Second year in first 15, the underdog Peter is a hard nut at openside , and loves causing mischeif at the breakdown with multiple pilfers. a oppostions worst nightmare
12. Cameron Torpy - Melbourne storm signed hard running ball carrier and demolishing defender . also runs great lines.
15. Kenric Felu - introduced to first 15 in grade 11 as inside centre then moved to fly half due to broken hand of previous number 10 William McBride . Kenric is Fast , good footwork and a excellent kicking game, Kenric also played AIC 2 Last year. look out for him joining the backline to cut open defensive lines.. only question mark is his defence.

rugbygenius03

Frank Row (1)
should Villanova become a Rugby League school as well as Rugby Union??

Villanova have over the past few years produced a handful of excellent rugby league players and currently have 2 bidding for spots in the 2014 first 15 team.

in previous years Villanova has produced rugby league talents such as
Dwayne Rigby - Penrith Panthers u20s
Christian Welch - current melbourne storm u20s
Brayden Torpy - current melbourne storm u 20s
William McBride - Contracted to North Queensland Cowboys
Cameron Torpy - Melbourne storm Academy Contracted
Ryan Cameron - Melbourne storm talent development squad

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I do like the sound of this team but I am still unsure as why Padua are being talk up to be the "favourites." The reason so many boys played firsts this year is because of how poor there team was going. Also there 16 A's coming 4th or 5th. Teams such as Iona and Lauries with there big forwards and quick backs will cause Padua a lot of problems i'd imagine.
This happened back in 2011. Everyone wrote padua off after 16As finished dead last in 2010 and the firsts finished 5th or 6th, then go on to win the premiership. A lot can change in a year.....A Lot

FootyGuru

Bob McCowan (2)
There is a lot of hype about the padua team. I believe they won't win the premiership but provide a lot of tough matches for premiership hopefuls ashgrove, Villanova and Iona. The reason for so much gossip about the padua team is the result of numerous amounts of padua students on this site.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
The only people considering Padua as genuine premiership favorites are the Paduan boys themselves. Nearly every year 11 footy player would have played 1stXV for the poos and wees this year because their year 12s were so rubbish, so I wouldn't put too much significance on this. They have one rep player from Year 11 in Gentile who played in QLD white off the bench. They will be better than this year, no doubt, but that's not hard. Prediction: 5th

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
You'll find that over the last few years, premiership teams take a couple of years to develop and that it takes a solid previous year with a young team to become a premiership team the following year. e.g.
Villa 2010: had a strong year in 09 with a number of year 11 players who then with the addition of year 11's like Welch the following year had the experience and talent to go undefeated.

Padua, Ash, Eddies 2011: Padua in 2010 had a huge number of younger players in the side who were pretty competitive and then the following year when seniors added a couple of grade 11's to the mix who fitted into the side. Ditto with Eddies and to a certain extent Ash but they gained an Aussie Schoolboy that year in Maloula who helped them a lot.

Peters 2012: Same again had a young side in 2011 who gained competitive 1st XV experience and then the likes of Sorovi, Laurie etc added the missing pieces in 2012. Personally i thought Eddies were the best team in 2012 and they had the players and experience but they didn't handle being favourites and the pressure last year.

Iona 2013: Wilkin and Burke in their 3rd year of 1st XV, a heap of players who played 2 years of 1st XV, a good side in 2012 plus strong year 11's like Carroll and Yabsley in the side.

In regards to next year I think Padua will have a young side again but I predict 2015 will be their year if they can keep all their players at the school. They will win games next year though.

Lauries I think will perform very well next year and win a majority of their games. They have defeated Ashgrove in almost every age group for their year and although got belted in a couple of games this year...had a large number of injuries and they have depth which the 16a's showed. Ashgrove and Eddies will perform well again but if they have a premiership winning team is hard to say. Iona wont have many experienced 1st players but they have a strong age group...Villa I'm not sure if they can win a premiership and Peters and Pats i don't know a heap about.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
For Villa fans, have the Rolls brothers played much rugby and, if so, have they shown ability?

I know that both of the Rolls boys are Qld reps in AFL but wasn't aware that they played rugby as well.

seansmithknowsrugby

Frank Row (1)
Your forgot to mention the under 15's that took out the underfeated premiership, and the 5 or 6 players that played first XV for the 2013 season that are 16.
it is easy for the under 15's to excell when the rest of the age group is horrible. and as for your 5 or 6 players in the 1sts... your firsts still came last, clearly they cant be that good of players. i think it has become obvious im a lauries boy and we had 8 players in the firsts and still took out a shared premiership with ashgrove in the under 16's, who were in the same situation as us.

FootyGuru

Bob McCowan (2)
it is easy for the under 15's to excell when the rest of the age group is horrible. and as for your 5 or 6 players in the 1sts. your firsts still came last, clearly they cant be that good of players. i think it has become obvious im a lauries boy and we had 8 players in the firsts and still took out a shared premiership with ashgrove in the under 16's, who were in the same situation as us.

It's understandable all school kids want to be anonymous, and rave on about how great their school 1st XV and how they will win the premiership, although 2014 season is wide open with nearly everyone having a red hot crack. This season having non the likes of star 2013 players Brad Wilkin and Junior Fakaosilea (just to name a few)meaning on any given weekend the premiership favourites could be defeated. This year there will be numerous close matches, favourites loose and matches decided by goal kicking. It's anyone's game in 2014
My prediction joint premiership

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will Villa be playing their brother school in NSW? That might be a test of skill sets and the size of the pack.

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
Any predictions yet for AIC rep teams 2014 ? I have heard of a few AIC boys moving through the Reds pathway programme. Does Eddies still have those couple of good backs? it now seems Iona Ash and Eddies are the teams to beat with Laurie's dropping off the pace

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is there an AIC comp happening this year... Anyone got any goss ? Any new faces turn up at schools on the first day back? Any changes in coaches- is mcBride coaching at Villa ? What's going on here, they will be trials beginning in about 6 weeks or so! Who's gonna compete with eddies and ash this year ?

rugbydoc1

Frank Row (1)
Eddies have some big names this season! Standouts such as Brock McNulty, Cayleb Williamson, Clifton Setu, Carter Auld all to be the top players of the side and the ones to watch for Aic 1 selections. On that note Iona will have a strong side and quick backline looking for another Aic Premiership. While teams like Ash and Peters could cause a few upsets or be determined to take it out due to success in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.