• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Read the post again mate, there was no questioning of their effort this year, it was referring to the amount of talk from boys here about lineups and who is lifting what in the gym, instead of just focusing on training, a mistake teams from previous years have made. Very few, if any, Lauries boys running around in premier colts (particuarly at souths) this season, Hopefully this years group kicks on to big things in season and post school.

Plenty are playing in colts 1 and 2. And up at Sunnybank as well

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Any results from yesterday? Ash played Eddies and Villa played Pats i believe. How did Ash go against Downlands last weekend? Lauries against Iona this weekend along with Eddies against Pats. Have heard a lot about Lauries on the forum but not too much from the other schools. Bit biased but i'm predicting Lauries will have a very good year under Lynch and Flanagan. First week against Eddies away is huge for the season though. Hopefully Lauries can get a few supporters out to Ipswich to create the same atmosphere as they did in the volleyball games because that would give the team a massive lift.

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
Any results from yesterday? Ash played Eddies and Villa played Pats i believe. How did Ash go against Downlands last weekend? Lauries against Iona this weekend along with Eddies against Pats. Have heard a lot about Lauries on the forum but not too much from the other schools. Bit biased but i'm predicting Lauries will have a very good year under Lynch and Flanagan. First week against Eddies away is huge for the season though. Hopefully Lauries can get a few supporters out to Ipswich to create the same atmosphere as they did in the volleyball games because that would give the team a massive lift.
Anyone know the results From Ash v Eddies & Villa v Pats?

Do you know where Lauries play Iona this weekend?
I've also heard Villa go down to sydney on the first week of the holidays, those results will be predicted but interesting to see how they stack up against the Brother school.

Sir

Bob McCowan (2)
St. Laurence's College are down to business ends of selections with expected First XV starting players dropped or will be dropped due to poor commitment.

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
How did villa go against Pat's ?

very tit for tat game. Pats won the ball numerous times. number 7. good pilferer. Both backlines look strong enough to compete. Villanova with the looks to be one of the biggest sides in the competition. Pats centres strong defenders will be hard to attack against. Villanova number 15. Max Baker played outstanding, with the likes of Torpy missing from this weeks side.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone know the results From Ash v Eddies & Villa v Pats?

Do you know where Lauries play Iona this weekend?
I've also heard Villa go down to sydney on the first week of the holidays, those results will be predicted but interesting to see how they stack up against the Brother school.
Lauries play Iona at 10.30 Saturday at Iona

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
all iona A teams dominated lauries at Wynnum in trails today
15 - 5 in the 1st
was interested to watch the Lauries superstar 14A team that I have heard a bit about but the only players who stood out where iona forwards.
apparently the laureis team has lost about 6 boys to other schools scholarships? anyone know which schools have picked up these talents?

VILLA_BOYZZZZ

Frank Row (1)
15 - 5 in the 1st
was interested to watch the Lauries superstar 14A team that I have heard a bit about but the only players who stood out where iona forwards.
apparently the laureis team has lost about 6 boys to other schools scholarships? anyone know which schools have picked up these talents?

Lauries dropped about 5 passes that would have resulted in tries. Lauries forward pack demolished ion's at scrum time and line outs spot on. i think round 4 of the comp will be very interesting if SLC backs pick up there act

VILLA_BOYZZZZ

Frank Row (1)
SLC Starting Line Up
1. Michael Hanson-Luther
2. Eric Touariki
3. Daniel McHugh
4. Matt Lenarduzi
5. Nick Maroney
6.Reece Carlton
7. Tom Askin
8. Mitch Shneider
9. Ian Filipo
10. Tuiavii Jahnke
11. Jack Healy
12. Adam Parsons
13. Will Dwyer
14. Jordan Bayne
15. Joel Mead

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
15 - 5 in the 1st
IGS and Terrace I think

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Everyone talks about the 1st on the forum, anyone got any intel on 14s and 15s who will go well in these age groups, I know Villa, Pats and Eddies, Iona have had a trial, any surprises.
Any results from St Pats vs Eddies last Saturday?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
15 - 5 in the 1st

Regarding the loss of players from last years lauries team, I heard a few of them play at sunnybank and the coach there was almost signing kids up to different GPS Schools. 2 to terrace and 2 I believe to Ippy. Thats the last time and lauries players will be encouraged to play there (heard this direct)

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hi all - are there any trials on this weekend? GAGR is looking to get some front page writers out to the games if so.

C

Connor Davids

So how are the teams shaping up after the recent trials? In some big news for Villanova College star player Alex Lockett has been ruled out for the season with 2 fractures to his foot. Villa were never going to be in the hunt anyway but I'd say this injury will ensure they have a trot along struggle street every saturday at 3:15. Laurie's also have some concerns with star number 6 Dominic Maclean coming down with a sickness over the past week, possible losing muscle mass that girls frothed over on Instagram lately. This put Eric Touraki (2013 1st XV) back into the run on side, a player Dominic has been outclassing lately.

C

Connor Davids

Everyone talks about the 1st on the forum, anyone got any intel on 14s and 15s who will go well in these age groups, I know Villa, Pats and Eddies, Iona have had a trial, any surprises.

SLC 14A rugby team have welcomed Sanchez (Jack on team lists) Morgan to the team. I believe he is on one of the colleges support programs for the more disadvantaged members of society as the College has a very inclusive community outlook. At this stage he is trialling for wing/fly-half as these are vacant positions left by students who were scouted by the more affluent institutions of the GPS competition. I know a kid in Sanchez's class and he said the rumour is that he once escaped from Mexico and has an excellent turn of speed, perfect for the wing. Very strong also when it comes to tackling, practised on some border protection officers apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.