• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggie

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have a contact at Padua? They have a current premiership table for all teams in Under 13 A/B/C but was wondering whether they have it for the other age groups and whether they are willing to share??

Ruggapedia

Frank Row (1)
Getting my Tips in early
Eddies vs Padua (game of the round/premiership decider)
This will far be the game of the year with a big crowd out at Ipswich. The strengths so far of the blue and white outfit have been their elusive fullback setu they look to him a lot IMO If Padua can shut this player down it will go a long way to a massive upset
Padua by >5
Ashgrove v Iona
The ashgrove pack is by far the best in the comp. Intel has led me to believe that they are slow starters but love to play to the set piece espically the lineout. If there was any chance of an upset this weekend Iona need muscle up in tight and Carrol and yabsley need to run riot through the weak ashgrove backs.
Ashgrove 7-10
Pats v Peter's
Many would say pats have played their hand to early beating ashgrove then not providing much more. Peter's have troubled a few teams with elusive backs.
Peter's 3-7
Villa v Laurie's
This game is simply a battle for dignity both teams have had seasons from hell. I presume a scrappy game.
Villa by 10+

Pedro Imhoff

Frank Row (1)
Getting my Tips in early
Eddies vs Padua (game of the round/premiership decider)
This will far be the game of the year with a big crowd out at Ipswich. The strengths so far of the blue and white outfit have been their elusive fullback setu they look to him a lot IMO If Padua can shut this player down it will go a long way to a massive upset
Padua by >5
Ashgrove v Iona
The ashgrove pack is by far the best in the comp. Intel has led me to believe that they are slow starters but love to play to the set piece espically the lineout. If there was any chance of an upset this weekend Iona need muscle up in tight and Carrol and yabsley need to run riot through the weak ashgrove backs.
Ashgrove 7-10
Pats v Peter's
Many would say pats have played their hand to early beating ashgrove then not providing much more. Peter's have troubled a few teams with elusive backs.
Peter's 3-7
Villa v Laurie's
This game is simply a battle for dignity both teams have had seasons from hell. I presume a scrappy game.
Villa by 10+

I like all these tips except the Padua vs Eddies i don't think padua will be able to handle Clifton and eddies will be running over them all day long and plus its back in Ipswich

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
with the ladder at the moment: (correct me if im wrong)
eddies - 10
padua - 8
ashgrove - 6
pats - 4
villa - 4
iona - 4
peters - 4
lauries - 0

a three way tie looking a likely option with eddies losing the next two games leaving them finishing on 10 points while padua beating eddies but falling on the last game leaving them on 10 points while ashgrove winning the next two games leaving them on 10 points!

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
CIC as of 2015 will be defunct -

From my understanding and from general discussion, I believe that the CIC will be defunct from 2015 on wards. For those who aren't familiar with the CIC, it is basically a competition for the year 5-7 students across various AIC and GPS with the exception of Moreton Bay Boys College and Nudgee Junior College (Known as Ambrose Treacy College as of 2015) who are not members of those two associations. What impact does everyone reckon this will have on the AIC and GPS relations in terms of rugby progression overall for schools and as a whole? I know that these days, the CIC competition has become a bit of a mess with around 14 schools, meaning that two divisions are created and schools are allocated into these divisions by random every year or so.This is similar to pre-AIC days, when the TAS had way to many schools which ultimately made the competition very unequal. The current AIC schools were always very competitive TAS schools in all sports.

Will we see a year 5-12 AIC competition? I am interested to hear on any news or rumours about this change in structure for AIC. However, I do have some concerns with the relations with the GPS competition. Arguably, the CIC has made the AIC competition closer to the GPS competition as the year 5-7 boys would verse each other. This exposure to the GPS schools in these grades allows for a more open and more diverse rugby scene for the AIC and GPS schools. Thoughts anyone?

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
aic prediction

1) dingwell (iona)
2) o toole (padua)
3) o connor (ashgrove)
4) Lancashire (ashgrove)
5) Byrnes (ashgrove)
6) Harding (villa)
7) Gentile (padua)
8) Pats 8 (unsure of name)
9)Gill (padua)
10) Felu (villa)
11) Glynn (pats)
12) Torpy (villa)
13) Tapitata (splc)
14) Yabsley (iona)
15) Setu (eddies)

Mr.Footy

Bob McCowan (2)
What a round last week turned out to be, plenty of excitement and a lot of goood footy. This week is looking to be bigger with some saying that the Eddie's, Padua game could be even more scintillating than the Padua v Ashgrove game last round. This will be a crucial round for those boys who are looking to secure a AIC 1 position. Lets get into it.

St Edmunds v Padua - Eddie's by 7
Game of the Season, not too sure what else needs to be said to be honest. I'll say this, after watching a few of the Padua games, it appears that the team lack drive throughout their forwards and the backs lack creative ability. Though this may be an opinion, they were very strong in their first couple of games but seem to have fallen off the pace a bit. Eddies however are looking outstanding. Unlike most AIC teams, you will find that it is their backline that is the spark in the team. Led by Setu, their plays are spontaneous and when planned, are nailed to perfection. Expect a big one, it sure will be entertaining.

Iona v Ashgrove - Ashgrove by 12
Out at Wynumn, this game will most likely be the biggest of the season for the Iona boys. I hear you asking, why? Well, as the season is lost and it is impossible for them to win the AIC premiership, Iona would love nothing more than to beat Ashgrove in their final game against the Blue and Gold, as does every AIC team. As evidenced last round however, that task will always be difficult against a college as proud as Marist. There are rumours floating around that Ashgrove will have a back returning this week, blessed with attacking brilliance. If you're in the area (this is unlikely), head out to the game for a bit of Saturday afternoon footy.

St Pats v St Peters - Peters by 3
The boys in Green looked to have a promising season after round 1 but after 5 rounds, they are tied with three other teams on 4 points, not exactly the season they had planned. Peters are one of these teams on four points and it will be a very interesting clash to see who can climb the ladder to grab a more flattering standing in the AIC competition. The Pats forwards certainly need to have a massive game against Peters while it is the backs of the red and white that will need to spark some play out wide. Interesting affair, check it out if possible.

Villanova v St Laurences - Lauries by 5
After tipping Laurie's the past three weeks to gain their first win in the AIC compeition, I have been wrong each time. However, I truly believe that this is the week it will happen. With an outstanding season in a losing team by their hooker, winger and fullback, I truly believe that they will put together a solid win against Villa. Though this is my belief, the Villa boys will most definitely put on a strong fight with their centres combining for some good, strong runs up the middle.

As always, Keep Learning
Your Teacher, Mr Footy

Rugbychat101

Stan Wickham (3)
My AIC 1 2014 Prediction Team:
1 Dominic Dingwall (IONA)
2 Finnegan McGrath (MCA)
3 Tom Otoole (PAD)
4 James Lancashire (MCA)
5 Dan Byrne (MCA)
6 Kain Humphreys (SEC)
7 Connor Gentile (PAD)
8 Pat Beveridge (MCA)
9 Stephen Gill (PAD)
10 Jayden Carrol (IONA)
11 Regan Glenn (SPC)
12 Steven Tapitata (SPLC)
13 Cameron Torpy (VILL)
14 Jordan Fewings (PAD)
15 Clifton Setu (SEC)

Other possible players or Bench Players: Caleyb Williamson (SEC) Dan Robinson (SPC) Seb Fahey (MCA) Ian Filipo (SLC) David Yabsley (IONA)

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
CIC as of 2015 will be defunct -

From my understanding and from general discussion, I believe that the CIC will be defunct from 2015 on wards. For those who aren't familiar with the CIC, it is basically a competition for the year 5-7 students across various AIC and GPS with the exception of Moreton Bay Boys College and Nudgee Junior College (Known as Ambrose Treacy College as of 2015) who are not members of those two associations. What impact does everyone reckon this will have on the AIC and GPS relations in terms of rugby progression overall for schools and as a whole? I know that these days, the CIC competition has become a bit of a mess with around 14 schools, meaning that two divisions are created and schools are allocated into these divisions by random every year or so.This is similar to pre-AIC days, when the TAS had way to many schools which ultimately made the competition very unequal. The current AIC schools were always very competitive TAS schools in all sports.

Will we see a year 5-12 AIC competition? I am interested to hear on any news or rumours about this change in structure for AIC. However, I do have some concerns with the relations with the GPS competition. Arguably, the CIC has made the AIC competition closer to the GPS competition as the year 5-7 boys would verse each other. This exposure to the GPS schools in these grades allows for a more open and more diverse rugby scene for the AIC and GPS schools. Thoughts anyone?

CIC is not a competition, except for Swimming, X Country and Athletics (There they have divisions based on size). There are no premierships in rugby, however the GPS schools have broken off to form a Junior GPS competition. The rest of the schools, plus Nudgee Junior and MBBC, will continue to play CIC, which in reality is just a bunch of friendlies organized by the schools.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
2 Finnegan McGrath (MCA)
3 Tom Otoole (PAD)
4 James Lancashire (MCA)
5 Dan Byrne (MCA)
6 Kain Humphreys (SEC)
7 Connor Gentile (PAD)
8 Pat Beveridge (MCA)
9 Stephen Gill (PAD)
10 Jayden Carrol (MCA)
11 Regan Glenn (SPC)
13 Cameron Torpy (VILL)
14 Jordan Fewings (PAD)
15 Clifton Setu (SEC)

Other possible players or Bench Players: Caleyb Williamson (SEC) Dan Robinson (SPC) Seb Fahey (MCA) Ian Filipo (SLC) David Yabsley (IONA)

Carrol is from IONA.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
CIC is not a competition, except for Swimming, X Country and Athletics (There they have divisions based on size). There are no premierships in rugby, however the GPS schools have broken off to form a Junior GPS competition. The rest of the schools, plus Nudgee Junior and MBBC, will continue to play CIC, which in reality is just a bunch of friendlies organized by the schools.

spot on, the GPS schools leaving the CIC comp has done no harm to the comp.
The strong rugby teams of the old CIC comp have been the junior AIC teams anyhow, Ash Iona Pat Padua etc.
Whereas the Terraces and Churchies etc are weak in the Junior Teams ( they have not yet brought their superstars)
one exception to this was TSS who were strong, boys often a 1 year older as well.

Dale Upton

Bob McCowan (2)
2 Finnegan McGrath (MCA)
3 Tom Otoole (PAD)
4 James Lancashire (MCA)
5 Dan Byrne (MCA)
6 Kain Humphreys (SEC)
7 Connor Gentile (PAD)
8 Pat Beveridge (MCA)
9 Stephen Gill (PAD)
10 Jayden Carrol (MCA)
11 Regan Glenn (SPC)
13 Cameron Torpy (VILL)
14 Jordan Fewings (PAD)
15 Clifton Setu (SEC)

Good picks RugbyChat, but some of the forwards from Pats and or Eddies could give it a go. Also there are better 9's out there, such as the 9 from Villa who was a hard runner and gave great ball to his backs/forwards also the 9 from Peters who gives a good crack to the much bigger boys,

Status
Not open for further replies.