• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron Toop

Stan Wickham (3)
I find it funny that Ashgrove kids have to come onto G&GR to troll people. Their forward pack was merely AVERAGE compared to other years. I would rather an Eddies or Padua forward pack then Ashgrove's! Why? Pick and driving and mauling can only get you so far. It works for a while in the game, but eventually the opponent adapts to it. Great example is SEC vs MCA in round 3. To start the game 2 players from the Eddies forward pack got sent off. Ashgrove started picking and driving and did gain metres UNTIL the second half. Eddies forwards adapted to it and started defend the pick and drive. For a few minutes Ahsgrove was on Eddies try line trying to just pick and roll their way over. Eventually they made a mistake. My point is, you really need some good running forwards who can create spark. Ashgrove don't have that player. Another example is Eddies vs Padua. Eddies scored 3 tries straight up from pick and drive, then after a while Padua defense adapted!

Little kiddies of Ashgrove, go home and talk to your mummies about how Ashgrove for a second year in a row has disgraced their school in 1st XV Rugby. You can say all their other teams won the premiership but no one cares. At the end of the day it's about how your 1st XV performed.

AIC 1 Forward pack:

1: Dominic Dingwall (IONA)
2: Tom O'Tool (IF HE CAN THROW) (PADUA)
3: Kaleb Tigafua (SEC)
4: Daniel Byrne (MCA)
5: James Lanchashire (MCA)
6: Connor Gentile (PADUA)
7: Daniel Robinson (SPC)
8: Layton Kember (SEC)

Backline is very hard to predict with so many skilled players.

You must be kidding . If Dan Byrnes isn't the best ball running forward in Qld Schools I love to know who is ... And I'm including the 2 GPS trials I've watched .

Wforce23

Frank Row (1)
As a Laurie's parents for several years now, i believe this years 1st XV team has had the worst team management I've ever witnessed. However without completely blaming the coaching staff etc, i am aware of the likes of Jordan Bayne and Nic Jesburg who weren't committed and particularly Jesburg who was in the small tussle during the trial match. Although they weren't as dedicated to 1st XV rugby, week after week both these players are running around in the 2nds killing it, scoring try after try, full field runs etc. These two players along with Eric Touriki (Not quite sure on correct spelling) should be the gun "go to" men in the Lauries 1st XV side. As parents, we just don't understand why they aren't putting the right team on the park to compete with the standard of players. Its just unfortunate for these boys as its there last year, and I along with other parents hope it doesn't continue with the next couple of years. Whats everyone's thoughts?

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wforce23 - have you had a few drinks ? You answer your own question in your post. The boys you mentioned didn't commit to the pre-season program and didn't show a commitment to the program therefore can't be considered. What sort of message would it send to the rest of the playing group if two kids can walk into the side without participating in all the hard work ?

As a parent (if this is actually who you are) I'm sure you're aware of the values schools try to install into their boys. One of them is respect - something that you have shown little of in your post. Slagging of the SLC coaches the way you did is absolutely disgusting. 1stXV coaches at all AIC schools do a ridiculous amount of work to prepare the boys for a 7 week season, their pay equates to next to nothing for the amount of work they do. Often, they get little recognition unless they win a title. Parents and students should be extremely thankful that some teachers can find the time and energy to coach a 1stXV side - it is by far the hardest and most consuming coaching role within a school sporting program.
Well done to all coaches at AIC level' particularly the 1stXV coaches.

As a parent I thank you for giving our boys the wonderful opportunity you do , and I hope the boys show their appreciation after the last game next weekend.

Tipper4569

Frank Row (1)
As a Laurie's parents for several years now, i believe this years 1st XV team has had the worst team management I've ever witnessed. However without completely blaming the coaching staff etc, i am aware of the likes of Jordan Bayne and Nic Jesburg who weren't committed and particularly Jesburg who was in the small tussle during the trial match. Although they weren't as dedicated to 1st XV rugby, week after week both these players are running around in the 2nds killing it, scoring try after try, full field runs etc. These two players along with Eric Touriki (Not quite sure on correct spelling) should be the gun "go to" men in the Lauries 1st XV side. As parents, we just don't understand why they aren't putting the right team on the park to compete with the standard of players. Its just unfortunate for these boys as its there last year, and I along with other parents hope it doesn't continue with the next couple of years. Whats everyone's thoughts?

WForce23 - I couldn't agree more with you about Jordan Bayne, Nic Jesberg & Eric Touariki. These three boys were all starters in the 2013 1st XV. Sure enough Touariki may have been injured all pre-season therefore maybe not up to game fitness but he is by far one of the best hookers in AIC. Jordan Bayne and Nic Jesberg on the other hand may not have been totally committed but are by far two of the most outstanding players in the school. I think that they may have over punished jesberg for that incident in the trail. But he has footwork that can get him and a team out of trouble! Jordan bayne on the other hand is a great ball runner and exactly what the team need this year with SLC not picking the biggest centres, Bayne would of been the perfect crash ball option rather than trying to use the smaller than usual centres. Also why leave them out of the final 23 most weeks?! In final I'm just saying sometimes even though a player isn't committed it maybe for the better of the schools rep and the team to include them.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
I just hope that Lynch, Flanagan and Reidy hang around, get some sort of support from the powers above and try and turn things around for Lauries. The boys in year 12 who will play their final game on Saturday started at the school in 2010 with Lauries rugby a strong and respected program. They will finish in 2014 with the same program a basketcase.

connors-david

Frank Row (1)
Lauries Boys that should be in for a shot at AIC should be Beikoff(6,7,8) Hansen Luther(prop) Askin(7) and possibly Schneider (second Row)

Askin: Askin has been going through endless injuries throughout his rugby days but in his time has made junior gold as a flanker and met east. Askin has been Playing a good season, being responsible for almost all of Lauries Turnovers (which was very few)

Schneider: Mitch is not the outstanding player of AIC and I will except that, but non the less he still is an outstanding defender being able to take down all to run at him as well as being an amazing lineout jumper and leader.

Hansen-Luther: Michael is without doubt the strongest and biggest player in AIC, coming from a weightlifting background holding a secure top 3 spot in Queensland in his division as well as making junior gold and met east various times making him an unstoppable force. last season he had a horrible accident to his knee, causing him to not be able to play until early this year but he came back keen to get fit and prepare himself for this season. defiantly an AIC contender. Lauries have not utilised him enough this season.

Beikoff: Despite Beikoff sitting on the wing or in centre all of last season (complete waste) he has come back this year in the forwards and making an impact. He was originally not picked in the run on for unknown reasons but due to the injury of players, was called up and has been player of the match every game he has played since. His strength and speed is without doubt his strongest point as he is also from a weightlifting background and holds the current Queensland record for the clean and jerk and snatch (is currently ranked number one is Australia in his weight division). he also showed his pace in the Padua, Iona and peters game being able to run straight through the line and burning the outside backs of the opposition.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
With this calibre of player in the 2nds, how was St Laurences gone in that competition?

Other than that loss against Ashgrove they have beaten most teams by upwards of 40-50 points. They beat villa 60-5 on saturday, peters 58-0 the week before. So much wasted talent in this 2nds team at SLC. If these players had of pulled their fingers out and changed their attitudes no doubt we would have seen some much better results for the boys in Black and Gold this year

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lauries Boys that should be in for a shot at AIC should be Beikoff(6,7,8) Hansen Luther(prop) Askin(7) and possibly Schneider (second Row)

Askin: Askin has been going through endless injuries throughout his rugby days but in his time has made junior gold as a flanker and met east. Askin has been Playing a good season, being responsible for almost all of Lauries Turnovers (which was very few)

Schneider: Mitch is not the outstanding player of AIC and I will except that, but non the less he still is an outstanding defender being able to take down all to run at him as well as being an amazing lineout jumper and leader.

Hansen-Luther: Michael is without doubt the strongest and biggest player in AIC, coming from a weightlifting background holding a secure top 3 spot in Queensland in his division as well as making junior gold and met east various times making him an unstoppable force. last season he had a horrible accident to his knee, causing him to not be able to play until early this year but he came back keen to get fit and prepare himself for this season. defiantly an AIC contender. Lauries have not utilised him enough this season.

Beikoff: Despite Beikoff sitting on the wing or in centre all of last season (complete waste) he has come back this year in the forwards and making an impact. He was originally not picked in the run on for unknown reasons but due to the injury of players, was called up and has been player of the match every game he has played since. His strength and speed is without doubt his strongest point as he is also from a weightlifting background and holds the current Queensland record for the clean and jerk and snatch (is currently ranked number one is Australia in his weight division). he also showed his pace in the Padua, Iona and peters game being able to run straight through the line and burning the outside backs of the opposition.
seem abit lauries bias? but from the game i watched on the weekend biekoff was off his game getting out muscle by some
strong defence hobbled off "injured" tore a heart muscle from what i heard...

as for schneider i have no idea what your thinking here.. way better second rowers in the comp, he let in 2 tries on the weekend by missing simple tackles one on the villa flyhalf and the other on a flanker.

askin a solid player along with hansen luther in the mix for aic but there are better players in 2014, ie harding, gentile, robinson and mullen to name a few other flankers as for props, o toole and oconnor looking alot better up front both these two lauries boys have talent but not enough for the aic team

connors-david

Frank Row (1)
well of course it bias, im just saying the top SLC Players, and actually Beikoff Compressed a nerve in his neck and lost complete feeling in his Arm, I was told by my father that he still doesn't have it back. as for the others I am not stating they are the best, but good nun the less

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fixtures for the final Round of Rugby this year
Villa vs SEC
Ashgrove vs SPLC
Padua vs Iona
SPC vs SLC

Any early Tips?

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fixtures for the final Round of Rugby this year
Villa vs SEC
Ashgrove vs SPLC
Padua vs Iona
SPC vs SLC

Any early Tips?

Villa vs SEC - Villa
home ground at villa park villa havent lost a game there all year, will be interesting to see what crowd eddies bring going for an underfeated premiership. my upset victory for this week

Ashgrove vs SPLC - Ashgrove
securing second place on the weekend with mountains of people out at ashgrove i cant see a young splc team coming out on top, while individual players like beverage, byrnes and tapitata looking to secure AIC spots.

Padua vs Iona - Padua
padua looking to score tied second with ashgrove, while iona look back on what could be a horror season for the black and white only securing two wins, the future looks dull for iona rugby while padua look to build for a massive 2015 where they are looking to be the powerhouse side.

SPC vs SLC - SPC
pats will finish off an average season where they continue to build a successful culture at there school which looks promising for future years. while a Absolutley Horrific SLC side one of the worst in 1st XV history which most 2nd XV teams would run over look to find some humble pride if there is any left within these boys. the coaches at SLC along with parents and supporters should be embarresed disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.