• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdox

Frank Row (1)
Villa vs St Pats was a really good fixture.
Tight battle in the piggies department and both back lines seemed evenly matched.
Going on last weeks performance to this weeks the Villa pack did a 360 performance on at scrum time and had a clear ascendancy over the Pats pack.
The interesting situation of this was the work put in during the week by one of the new coaches obtained by Villa for their scrum sessions. Coaching 2nd XV and has really made an impact on the lower open grades with close tussles in 2nds and 3rds , was very pleasing for a number of parents including myself. Watching him doing these scrum sessions with the 1sts and then for them to be more than competitive ( dominant from a one eyed view) must be making Villa smiling from ear to ear of this acquisition. Definitely got a lot of Villa parents talking at the moment.
I watched the Villa v Pats game and thought it was probably the poorest game of schoolboy rugby I have seen in many years. Yes it was a bit wet and the field greasy but this was a display from 2 teams who I think may be the bottom 2 sides this year. The Villa scrum half was the standout player, but that was it. Poor decision making from both sides and some very very dumb rugby. It was, I'm afraid a very hard game to watch.

3rdskippa

Frank Row (1)
Good win on the weekend by Padua, it's was a close game at the start then it looked like Ashgrove gave up. Wasn't a good day overall for them taking a hard loss in the thirds due to a hearty performance by the number 10. As a Marist parent it was hard to watch but it was an absolute privilege to watch the number 10 play.

fholding review

Frank Row (1)
Hello boys and girls, the Fraser Holding Weekly Review checking in.

The Padua vs Marist was a cracking game out at Banyo- the final score seeing Padua win by 11 points. Padua really did deserve to win this one, playing about 30mins with 14 on the field thanks to a Marist-oriented referee.

All players had a pivotal role in making history, with Padua getting their first ever 1st's win over Marist.

But, to what we've all been waiting for- Fraser played a good game this week, only a few of his throws going astray. Being such a small boy, Fraser sometimes struggles in the ruck, getting easily out muscled. however, he still holds his own against teams with smaller forward packs. I'll be very surprised if the team,in particular Fraser remember this historic win after words of a large celebration after the game.

This weekend sees Padua take on a strong Eddies side. Looking forward to an intense matchup between two strong teams. Particularly, Fraser Holding and the Eddies 2 Josh Switzer, who bumped off Fraser last year to secure eddies the win. Let's not hope for a repeat.

fholding review

Frank Row (1)
Good win on the weekend by Padua, it's was a close game at the start then it looked like Ashgrove gave up. Wasn't a good day overall for them taking a hard loss in the thirds due to a hearty performance by the number 10. As a Marist parent it was hard to watch but it was an absolute privilege to watch the number 10 play.

Would have to agree here. Match winning performance from this bloke, apparently getting a call up to the seconds next week

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hello boys and girls, the Fraser Holding Weekly Review checking in.

The Padua vs Marist was a cracking game out at Banyo- the final score seeing Padua win by 11 points. Padua really did deserve to win this one, playing about 30mins with 14 on the field thanks to a Marist-oriented referee.

It's pretty naive to call a ref bias, especially on a main stage such as 1st XV. Did you stop to consider that maybe those cards were warranted? Not every game can have an even penalty count.

3rdskippa

Frank Row (1)
As the week of training begins, it is easy to tell that all the padua boys are hunting for the victory this weekend. I have spoken to the thirds skipper and he's saying that it looks like the thirds boys are ready to go to war. Riding on the back of the historic win against Marist. He says it a big one but with the fly half playing some of the best schoolboy football we've seen its hard to picture another team beating them. Up the thirds

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
Josh Schweitzer is out indefinite for the weekend against Padua due to a horse racing crash at the Ipswich Show. Clinton Lynam will be next inline to take the no. 2 jersey.

fholding review

Frank Row (1)
This is not facebook or snapchat folks.

Post in accordance with the forum rules or be banned.

Simple really.

Thanks Huey mate. You're preaching to the choir here. I reckon Eddies vs Padua will be match Of the week. Like two alpha deers head butting their antlers against one another. Big crowd expected at Banyo. Any picks for this week?

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
As the week of training begins, it is easy to tell that all the padua boys are hunting for the victory this weekend. I have spoken to the thirds skipper and he's saying that it looks like the thirds boys are ready to go to war. Riding on the back of the historic win against Marist. He says it a big one but with the fly half playing some of the best schoolboy football we've seen its hard to picture another team beating them. Up the thirds

Thirds lost to pats bud...

3rdskippa

Frank Row (1)
Due to a problem with with attendance and players getting suspended. Also the flyhalf being injured but he is back in spectacular form. Only problem is he might be getting the call up to first

Status
Not open for further replies.