• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Lawson Creighton: Flyhalf

I'd have to agree here. Lawson Creighton has a great kicking game. However he might opt to play Confraternity Shield for Padua as he is from a rugby league background. However he has adapted to the union style of play with ease and makes opposing number 10's look ordinary. The whole Creighton family are a skillful bunch of boys that have contributed so much to the Padua rugby program over the past 10 years. Lawson arguably looks the best out of all of them. If anyone remembers, Jack his older brother from 2011 Padua premiership side was a centre weighing around 110 kgs. The genetic build did not transfer to Lawson in this case but he makes up with it in his ball handling, vision and footwork.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
As the week of training begins, it is easy to tell that all the padua boys are hunting for the victory this weekend. I have spoken to the thirds skipper and he's saying that it looks like the thirds boys are ready to go to war. Riding on the back of the historic win against Marist. He says it a big one but with the fly half playing some of the best schoolboy football we've seen its hard to picture another team beating them. Up the thirds
Due to a problem with with attendance and players getting suspended. Also the flyhalf being injured but he is back in spectacular form. Only problem is he might be getting the call up to first

Who is this Padua 3rd XV Flyhalf that should supposedly be playing 1st's and where was he against St Pats??? The 3rd's Comp appears to be shaping up well after Saturdays upset.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
AIC 2015

1. Jack Kelly SPC
2. Josh Schweitzer SEC
3. Tom O'Toole PAD
4. Michael Wood PAD
5. Lachlan Mckinnon MCA
6. Justin Sikimeti SPC
7. Louis Schwenke PAD
8. Archie Taylor SEC
9. Tom MacDonald SEC
10. Lawson Creighton PAD
11. Andrew Richardson SEC
12. Mana Cecil SPC
13. Gabriel Kopana MCA
14. Josh Fernandez SEC
15. John Honour PAD

I think this is the most uniform 15 based on performance in the first two rounds. I think the tight 5 is pretty much locked in, perhaps Fraser Holding at 2. I think Schwenke and Harris will battle it out for the 7 jersey. If Creighton plays Confraternity then the 10 will be either Carter Auld, Connor Lacey, or James Faulkner. The 13 I am unsure of, I believe the favourite was Michael Dickie from IONA but he is still out injured and the team is doing terrible, so Jamie Salamone from PAD would be another great player.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Tips for this weekend:

SLC vs VILLA - SLC by 5
PAD vs SEC - PAD by 5 This will be the premiership decider. Backing Padua, but I believe it is a home game for SEC so they might have the edge. If Padua can pull it off, then it's just SPLC they need to worry about in the final round.
ASH vs IONA - ASH by 30+
SPLC vs SPC - SPLC by 15

The Kingfella

Bob McCowan (2)
AIC 2015

1. Jack Kelly SPC
2. Josh Schweitzer SEC
3. Tom O'Toole PAD
4. Michael Wood PAD
5. Lachlan Mckinnon MCA
6. Justin Sikimeti SPC
7. Louis Schwenke PAD
8. Archie Taylor SEC
9. Tom MacDonald SEC
10. Lawson Creighton PAD
12. Mana Cecil SPC
13. Gabriel Kopana MCA
14. Josh Fernandez SEC
15. John Honour PAD

I think this is the most uniform 15 based on performance in the first two rounds. I think the tight 5 is pretty much locked in, perhaps Fraser Holding at 2. I think Schwenke and Harris will battle it out for the 7 jersey. If Creighton plays Confraternity then the 10 will be either Carter Auld, Connor Lacey, or James Faulkner. The 13 I am unsure of, I believe the favourite was Michael Dickie from IONA but he is still out injured and the team is doing terrible, so Jamie Salamone from PAD would be another great player.

Number 8, 5 and 10 are all looking good for peters will be good to see how they match up against your proposed players

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
What has happened to Iona the last couple years?? Is it the cattle or the station?. I think it may be the latter.

It's both the players and the coaches. Iona have consistently placed top 3 in the aggregate every year since AIC was started, and hasn't placed below third since 2003. Marist, Iona, and SLC have always been the top 3 rugby schools in AIC, despite the occasional crap First XV.

In 2013, Iona had (in my opinion) the greatest First XV in AIC history. In 2014, they came close to the spoon. And there are 3 reasons why.

1. The amazing coach from 2013 left to coach Easts.
2. The majority of players from 2013 were in year 12, so there was not a lot of experienced players in 2014 team (only 3).
3. The team of 2014 was arrogant as hell and believed they could win an undefeated premiership just because the First XV the year before did.

The team this year is much more respectful than last year, and they have enormous talent coming through in the 15s. Every school goes through a period where they have great opens teams and bad ones. Iona is currently in a bit of a preparation stage, where they are gearing up for a potential undefeated premiership in 2017.

If you don't believe me you take a look at the aggregate from 2014, it's kind of surprising where you can see a school like SEC, who's First XV were amazing but younger teams quite ordinary compared with a school like Iona, who's First XV were terrible but younger teams very talented.

Attachments

• AIC Rugby Results 2014.xlsx
    55.8 KB · Views: 262

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Number 8, 5 and 10 are all looking good for peters will be good to see how they match up against your proposed players

I didn't see the SPLC SEC game so I wouldn't know, I agree that there probably will be a few in the AIC team. Do you know where I can find photos of the game?

Dan Harper

Frank Row (1)
I'd have to agree here. Lawson Creighton has a great kicking game. However he might opt to play Confraternity Shield for Padua as he is from a rugby league background. However he has adapted to the union style of play with ease and makes opposing number 10's look ordinary. The whole Creighton family are a skillful bunch of boys that have contributed so much to the Padua rugby program over the past 10 years. Lawson arguably looks the best out of all of them. If anyone remembers, Jack his older brother from 2011 Padua premiership side was a centre weighing around 110 kgs. The genetic build did not transfer to Lawson in this case but he makes up with it in his ball handling, vision and footwork.
100% agree, already playing 2 years of confraternity shield I won't be surprised if he decides to go for his third year. His adaptation to union has been tremendous after 5 years. Talented in both codes he reminds me of Marist old boy Bryce Heggarty who was a stand out in both ball games, he represented QLD for both league and union.

Dan Harper

Frank Row (1)
AIC 2015

1. Jack Kelly SPC
2. Josh Schweitzer SEC
3. Tom O'Toole PAD
4. Michael Wood PAD
5. Lachlan Mckinnon MCA
6. Justin Sikimeti SPC
7. Louis Schwenke PAD
8. Archie Taylor SEC
9. Tom MacDonald SEC
10. Lawson Creighton PAD
12. Mana Cecil SPC
13. Gabriel Kopana MCA
14. Josh Fernandez SEC
15. John Honour PAD

Jamie Salomone is a real impact player i would have him in the 13 jersey. Watch out for Campbell Mohr the Marist 15 who is very agile and quick, could find him a position on the wing if john honour keeps performing the way he is at fullback

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
AIC:
Liam Usher (PAD) is not only a chance at AIC level, he'll be in the mix for higher honours. Only in Year 11 though- so not sure if they'll take a 16 year old prop down to Sydney. The only ASH player who looks like a rep player at this stage is Campbell Mohr- on the wing though, not fullback. I hope Schwenke & Creighton from Padua put their hand up for AIC, they are both QLD standard too.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
AIC:
Liam Usher (PAD) is not only a chance at AIC level, he'll be in the mix for higher honours. Only in Year 11 though- so not sure if they'll take a 16 year old prop down to Sydney. The only ASH player who looks like a rep player at this stage is Campbell Mohr- on the wing though, not fullback. I hope Schwenke & Creighton from Padua put their hand up for AIC, they are both QLD standard too.

Sorry mate, Ashgrove's scrum on Saturday was far superior to Padua's, and Usher is no match at this stage for Ash's Liam Adams or Tom Rafter.
O'Toole is certainly good with the ball, there'd be a question mark over his scrummaging at this point but he's a certainty for AIC anyway.

I also thought that Ashgrove's 2, Cuneo, had a great game in both the srum and open play and outperformed Holding on the day - he'd be a very strong AIC contender as hooker.

From what I saw of Padua on Saturday, I really liked the look of their 4, 7 and 15, with 13 also doing well against Kopana on the day. Creighton was very steady without being spectacular, apart from a big hit on his opposite number, but he'll be first choice at 10.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
Agree that Ashgrove's scrum was superior to Padua's on the weekend. Usher and O'Toole were still fantastic in other aspects of the game and should both be selected for AIC. Perhaps a bench spot for Usher this year.

As for Creighton, he completely controlled the game. His kicking game and defence was second to none. I hope he finishes off the season well and chooses to play AIC. From my understanding the boys will be able to play AIC and Confra but won't be available for state selection of they play Confra.

Sorry mate, Ashgrove's scrum on Saturday was far superior to Padua's, and Usher is no match at this stage for Ash's Liam Adams or Tom Rafter.
O'Toole is certainly good with the ball, there'd be a question mark over his scrummaging at this point but he's a certainty for AIC anyway.

I also thought that Ashgrove's 2, Cuneo, had a great game in both the srum and open play and outperformed Holding on the day - he'd be a very strong AIC contender as hooker.

From what I saw of Padua on Saturday, I really liked the look of their 4, 7 and 15, with 13 also doing well against Kopana on the day. Creighton was very steady without being spectacular, apart from a big hit on his opposite number, but he'll be first choice at 10.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
What has happened to Iona the last couple years?? Is it the cattle or the station?. I think it may be the latter.
ruckhudson,

IMO Derick Slater comments above is pretty much on the money.
The only comment I would add is IONA continues to loses some of the rockstars to the GPS.
This is playing out again with the current 15's which were premiers last season losing players to GPS and hence drop the first game of the season so kiss the premiership away. ( And the big one in 2017) I will give them credit they do produce much depth, for example IONA first where smash by Eddies last weekend, but I doubt the IONA would have dropped many other games.

Iona appears to be a school who which loses Key Players whereas schools such as Eddies SPLC goes the other way. By time you get to the first it's obviously what the results will be.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
You're spot on. Iona have been very unlucky in losing boys to GPS schools. The challenge for them (and all other AIC schools) is to develop the culture and program that makes their students want to stay.

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
ruckhudson,

IMO Derick Slater comments above is pretty much on the money.
The only comment I would add is IONA continues to loses some of the rockstars to the GPS.
This is playing out again with the current 15's which were premiers last season losing players to GPS and hence drop the first game of the season so kiss the premiership away. ( And the big one in 2017) I will give them credit they do produce much depth, for example IONA first where smash by Eddies last weekend, but I doubt the IONA would have dropped many other games.

Iona appears to be a school who which loses Key Players whereas schools such as Eddies SPLC goes the other way. By time you get to the first it's obviously what the results will be.

I would just like to say that Eddies lost Harley Fox and Isaiah Parisie to Churchie last year...

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate don't be sorry - you're right Ash had a better scrum, particularly in the first half - but while Rafter is solid and tries hard , he's no comparison to Usher around the park.

Regarding GPS poachers, all AIC schools are in the same boat, the ones with their programs in order have managed to hang onto their stars.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for this weekend:

SLC vs VILLA - SLC by 5
PAD vs SEC - PAD by 5 This will be the premiership decider. Backing Padua, but I believe it is a home game for SEC so they might have the edge. If Padua can pull it off, then it's just SPLC they need to worry about in the final round.
ASH vs IONA - ASH by 30+
SPLC vs SPC - SPLC by 15

The game is at Banyo, so a home game for Padua.

Status
Not open for further replies.