• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Fella28

Bob McCowan (2)
Marist had all the ball. Padua got 3 yellow cards and penalty count was 21-5 in Marist's favour. Padua still won 16-5. ONe of the great AIC victories for Padua. Marist tried hard but we're tackled out of the game

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Marist had all the ball. Padua got 3 yellow cards and penalty count was 21-5 in Marist's favour. Padua still won 16-5. ONe of the great AIC victories for Padua. Marist tried hard but we're tackled out of the game

First ever win for Padua against Marist at 1st XV level. Great achievement for the boys.

harriez_94

Frank Nicholson (4)

Completely agree from a Marist old boy. Padua deserved the win after being a man down at multiple times and still keeping defence intact. Very physical and great game from both sides.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)

I'm not sure what game you were watching but Padua certainly dominated possession in the second half.

And I only saw 2 yellow cards, plus I'm sure you've just made that penalty count up - it would have favoured Ashgrove but nowhere near that extent.

Ashgrove were very disappointing tactically, particularly as they dominated the set piece. The game was there to be taken early in the second half and they went close to scoring several times, but Padua then took over and closed out the game really well.

Good win to Padua, they seemed to want it more in the end. Their back row outplayed Ashgrove's in the loose, and I thought that, plus the inexperience of the Ashgrove 10, was the difference.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
St Pat's - 7 - (Scored early first half)
Villanova - 7 - (Scored Mid second half)

St Pats dropped the ball a few times near the try line which cost them. Both teams had multiple chances that score, though most of the game was played midfield.

Big Fella28

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm not sure what game you were watching but Padua certainly dominated possession in the second half.

And I only saw 2 yellow cards, plus I'm sure you've just made that penalty count up - it would have favoured Ashgrove but nowhere near that extent.

Ashgrove were very disappointing tactically, particularly as they dominated the set piece. The game was there to be taken early in the second half and they went close to scoring several times, but Padua then took over and closed out the game really well.

Good win to Padua, they seemed to want it more in the end. Their back row outplayed Ashgrove's in the loose, and I thought that, plus the inexperience of the Ashgrove 10, was the difference.

It was definitely 3 yellow cards and that was the official penalty count. Straight from the stats takers!!!

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Absolute cracker of a schoolboy rugby game at Banyo today between two sides which showed great technical ability. Padua was in the end too strong for the Marist outfit. These two schools in recent years are becoming closer rivals and it showed today with a big crowd out at Banyo to witness a history making Padua victory. Marist shouldn't let this get to their heads though, they look like they can finish off the season with 5 wins. Padua looks like the real deal at the moment with some big forwards who run hard and backs with great footwork and speed.

Over the 10 odd years I've been following AIC rugby, I can confidently say that Padua is now a proper rugby union force in schoolboy rugby. The rugby league culture at Padua has slowly drifted away and their shift towards rugby union has been embraced by the school and it's followers. With their aggregate finish of 2nd last year, a 2011 1st XV premiership and 2nd place last year, it is exciting to see what the future brings with their team this year filled with year 11's.

harriez_94

Frank Nicholson (4)
Absolute cracker of a schoolboy rugby game at Banyo today between two sides which showed great technical ability. Padua was in the end too strong for the Marist outfit. These two schools in recent years are becoming closer rivals and it showed today with a big crowd out at Banyo to witness a history making Padua victory. Marist shouldn't let this get to their heads though, they look like they can finish off the season with 5 wins. Padua looks like the real deal at the moment with some big forwards who run hard and backs with great footwork and speed.

Over the 10 odd years I've been following AIC rugby, I can confidently say that Padua is now a proper rugby union force in schoolboy rugby. The rugby league culture at Padua has slowly drifted away and their shift towards rugby union has been embraced by the school and it's followers. With their aggregate finish of 2nd last year, a 2011 1st XV premiership and 2nd place last year, it is exciting to see what the future brings with their team this year filled with year 11's.
Couldn't agree more. Padua will be a force in the years to come in the AIC.

The Kingfella

Bob McCowan (2)
Good game our at runcorn between peters and lauries. all though it was indeed a low scoring a lot of guts and determination came from both teams. Final Score 17-12 to peters. Star player for peters was the number 10 Tyreece Sines ( not sure if name) who scored 2 tries and looked to command his fowards well with help from the number 9, his kicking was outstanding by putting the lauries 11, 14 and 15 all on the back foot with his kicks. For lauires it was tough but it would have to go to the big number 3 who made plenty of penetrating runs and was dominating in rucks, he always got his team onto the front foot and played his hardest to the end. Special mentions go to the lauries number 7 who handled the peters number 8 ( dont know name) with important tackles when they were needed. finally the most outstanding part of the game was peters defence which was and always will be smaller than the opposition but they seemed to always make the tackles and not allow for to much ground to be made.to wrap up it was a good battle between the two teams with positives and negatives for both teams to think about and improve upon.

Rugbyrules2015

Frank Row (1)
Villa vs St Pats was a really good fixture.
Tight battle in the piggies department and both back lines seemed evenly matched.
Going on last weeks performance to this weeks the Villa pack did a 360 performance on at scrum time and had a clear ascendancy over the Pats pack.
The interesting situation of this was the work put in during the week by one of the new coaches obtained by Villa for their scrum sessions. Coaching 2nd XV and has really made an impact on the lower open grades with close tussles in 2nds and 3rds , was very pleasing for a number of parents including myself. Watching him doing these scrum sessions with the 1sts and then for them to be more than competitive ( dominant from a one eyed view) must be making Villa smiling from ear to ear of this acquisition. Definitely got a lot of Villa parents talking at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.