• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Is the Marist kid that played City 7 last year playing 7 on his 10A team ?

Are we talking about Nick Baker (City U14's lst year)?

Nick's playing No. 8 for the MCA 10A's this year.

I know that Dave Miles has a wrap on Nick, he's one of those big, raw-boned kids who doesn't feel pain with that natural type of strength you can't develop in the gym.

Early days, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nick in the First XV next year.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
HLF my Friend
I've noticed that you only have negative things to say about Lauries, all the time it seems like, and without any facts, just about had enough of it. Seems like you have something against Lauries, is it because you didn't get the first team job a few years back, surely not? Just asking... Happyman, you are 100% correct in saying that Lauries made a lot of changes at the end of last year and that it will take time to see the results of all these changes that were made in the program! HLF, as you have rightly stated before, it takes time to get a rugby program back on track, think you said 2 years right?AGREE 100%. Lauries Director of rugby is only in his Second year at the school, and they have just appointed a new first team coach, again, it will take time. Lauries have struggled the last 8 years, that is a fact, but a lot of good stuff is happening in the rugby program at the school, and I have no doubt that Lauries will get the results they are looking for in the near future. The coaches are all working together to implement these structures and like I said Im sure we will see results soon. To get back to your point about the current year 12's at the school, they did only win one game last year and none in year 10. Everybody involved at Lauries knew that this year would be a tough year considering the current year 12's results the last 2 years. HLF on your negative comments about last years year 10's, yes they lost out to Iona last year,and yes Iona had a few players out, what you don't mention is that Lauries also had 4 players out that game, 2 of those injured players made rep teams last year, so pretty important players I would say, what you also forget to mention is that they drew with Ashgrove, 7-7, having lost by 60 points at the start of the year, that was also the first time that that Ashgrove team didn't win the their respective match againts Lauries and all other schools for that matter in 4 years, impressive result I would say from the Lauries boys and Coaches, the same coaches that are now in charge of the 1st and 2nd team at Lauries, just saying. Yes Lauries are struggling this year, with 9 players out, 14 players that made their debut last weekend and a struggling year 12 group if you look at their history mentioned above, what did expect, a premiership, come on mate? lol! Mate just one last thing, maybe you should stop talking crap about Lauries all the time, and rather worry about your schools rugby results, they were pretty average last year, maybe we should start asking questions about their program... No hard feelings mate, just facts!haha
Lauries is my school champ and believe me I am worried about their results, I went there, my two sons and nephews as well perhaps one day when you have to pay school fees you'll understand...thanks for your rant though you seem very knowledgeable perhaps you should consider coaching...your expertise is wasted on keyboard forums I feel. All the best with your assignment that your avoiding.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes Galloper that was who I was referring to

I would imagine it would be pretty cramped in the MCA back row next year then . Not sure what they have coming through in lock stocks but I would daresay a couple of conversion projects might need to be looked at

I mean .........if ex SPC's Cayle Manu can play lock in last year's premiership winning Nudgee First XV then the door is wide open for others .

Play the best 15 and worry about numbers on the back later . Or maybe not at all

As an aside I might say that Floyd Aubrey is a finalist for the coolest sounding schoolboy rugby name I've ever heard . IGS's Clyde Rapilla ( 2017 ) was also pretty memorable

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes Galloper that was who I was referring to

I would imagine it would be pretty cramped in the MCA back row next year then . Not sure what they have coming through in lock stocks but I would daresay a couple of conversion projects might need to be looked at

I mean ...if ex SPC's Cayle Manu can play lock in last year's premiership winning Nudgee First XV then the door is wide open for others .

Play the best 15 and worry about numbers on the back later . Or maybe not at all

As an aside I might say that Floyd Aubrey is a finalist for the coolest sounding schoolboy rugby name I've ever heard . IGS's Clyde Rapilla ( 2017 ) was also pretty memorable

Yep, I think lock is the spot Baker would be aiming at next year, he certainly has that rangy build which suggests he'll end up pretty tall.

Floyd is another Year 10 boy who's only turning 15 this year, but I fancy his chances of playing in the Firsts next year as well - a bit of Jangala Bennet about him with his great footwork and headgear.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The 7 All Draw was hard to ignore
And so were 1 or 2 Dads who disputed some calls
That got so bad
With the Maristinians thinking that they'd been had
That the Field Marshall had to have them withdrawn

So this now is the end of this lil ol ditty
And the moral of the story is not to get shitty
To take your lumps
And don't whine about getting gazumped
This being what happened on the day as my old school mate told me

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
HLF

Hahahaha, old boy you say, right! Considering i am so "knowledgeable", in your opinion, let me give you some advise on OLD BOYS. Old boys do not talk shit about their schools using public forums like this to put the school and the people involved in a bad light, a lot of people and boys read these forums, and a lot of these boys and Old boys at Lauries are proud of their school win or lose, why, because they love their school, they do not make their school cheap, Old boys support their schools during good times and bad times, and during bad times they offer help and support, again, they don't talk shit on public forums about their school. A lot of the things u said on these forums have no merit what so ever, so when you post stuff just make sure about the facts first. When old boys are concerned about stuff, they email the school or the old boys association or in this case, the head of sport or director of rugby to express what ever concerns you have, all off the mentioned individuals emails are on the school website, you should you know that mate, you an old boy, right, again, they do not use public forums for their dirty laundry. And just for your information mate, I will never understand how somebody can talk shit about a great school like Lauries on a public platform like this just to feel good about yourself or just because you feel your opinion matters. In fact I am very surprised a Lauries old boy didn't say anything about all your negative comments earlier. And its no RANT mate, just stating some facts and being respectable to a great school and to all people involved.

There are plenty of Old boys at a number of AIC and GPS schools who are very passionate about their rugby. Laurie’s up until about 8 years ago was always mentioned in the same conversations as our friends over at Marist. It comes as no surprise that Old Boys are upset. Upset that the legacy they set is starting to fade for one reason or another. These forums allow people to express there opinion on rugby. An Old boy with sons who is clearly passionate about rugby is not a crime mate. If you don’t like the negative comments being thrown around about your school, ignore them. If you think they are wrong, prove him wrong with your results. Fact of the matter is, the results speak for themselves, we don’t need people to post that. Get over it, worry about your rugby and not everyone else’s opinions big fella.

Torpedo Punt

Herbert Moran (7)
VILLA Vs Lauries this week. Back in the day this was really the only game that counted for these boys as ASH was frankly seen as having a boarding school advantage and it was only expected that you would try your best against them. Hopefully some injured players returning for Lauries but I notice it is being played on Field 2. Can anyone explain ? Is Field one hosting the round ball game ? Maybe using the big field for AFL ? Or is it too rock hard from the cricket season ?

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
HLF

Hahahaha, old boy you say, right! Considering i am so "knowledgeable", in your opinion, let me give you some advise on OLD BOYS. Old boys do not talk shit about their schools using public forums like this to put the school and the people involved in a bad light, a lot of people and boys read these forums, and a lot of these boys and Old boys at Lauries are proud of their school win or lose, why, because they love their school, they do not make their school cheap, Old boys support their schools during good times and bad times, and during bad times they offer help and support, again, they don't talk shit on public forums about their school. A lot of the things u said on these forums have no merit what so ever, so when you post stuff just make sure about the facts first. When old boys are concerned about stuff, they email the school or the old boys association or in this case, the head of sport or director of rugby to express what ever concerns you have, all off the mentioned individuals emails are on the school website, you should you know that mate, you an old boy, right, again, they do not use public forums for their dirty laundry. And just for your information mate, I will never understand how somebody can talk shit about a great school like Lauries on a public platform like this just to feel good about yourself or just because you feel your opinion matters. In fact I am very surprised a Lauries old boy didn't say anything about all your negative comments earlier. And its no RANT mate, just stating some facts and being respectable to a great school and to all people involved.

When you turn 17 you are cordially invited to one of our yearly 1st XV premiership reunions and educate all of us dinosaurs on how to be a great old boy.

Cameron Toop

Stan Wickham (3)
VILLA Vs Lauries this week. Back in the day this was really the only game that counted for these boys as ASH was frankly seen as having a boarding school advantage and it was only expected that you would try your best against them. Hopefully some injured players returning for Lauries but I notice it is being played on Field 2. Can anyone explain ? Is Field one hosting the round ball game ? Maybe using the big field for AFL ? Or is it too rock hard from the cricket season ?

Boarding school Advantage? What the hell is that?
This years First XV has 1 boarder...Brisbane Grammer and Toowoomba Grammer Have Boarders.What does where you sleep have to do with Rugby ability.....Don’t mix “Boarder “ up with “hard work”

Serge Blanko

Frank Row (1)
Villa Park Grandstand and Function Centre burned to the ground by local youths last October so First XV playing on field No as it has a grassy bank to use as grandstand.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
Ok. Back to more important things -
Any tips for the weekend??
Im thinking Marist v Iona is def the GF and a 50/50 game, maybe 60/40 to Marist. Very sad given its only round 2 but the current quality of the AIC comp is just not there each year outside Marist, Padua and Iona (now and again). SLC are like a sick dog each weekend (and you know what happens to sick dogs). Villa, so much promise 7 or so years ago??? (Now average). Eddies - refer to SLC (but add in no real hope of a programe in the future). Enjoy the drive out there kids (get the L plate km's up). SPLC - never hear from them but always have a couple of stars. Cant field more than one half decent team (ie 1XV), and cant get numbers elsewhere. Good swim squad though).
SPC baked beans, punch above their weight but have no depth.

Thoughts for the weekend please!!!

Plse ask yourselves - How many times will SLC, SEC and VILLA get more than 50 points put on them this year?
Bye.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
So can we just have a little less superiority complex from ASH followers please..

ah come on they have earnt it, a school which puts a lot into their rugby program and they always win more than they lose.
However isn't great to wipe that smug smile of their faces. As the rest of the AIC will agreed nothing beats beating ASH.

Status
Not open for further replies.