• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo Punt

Herbert Moran (7)
Before last year, I don't think Ashgrove had won in many year. Padua won 2 before that and didn't St Ed and St Peter win years before that and maybe Iona and Villa before that?

Just found the list 2007-15. Relative drought for Ashgrove. Look like very level play field.

2007​
Marist College Ashgrove​
2008​
St Laurence’s College​
2009​
Iona College & Marist College Ashgrove​
2010​
Villanova College​
2011​
Marist College Ashgrove, St Edmund’s College & Padua College​
2012​
St Peters Lutheran College​
2013​
Iona College​
2014​
St Edmund’s College​
2015​

�Padua College​

Thank you Confucius yes although you'd never know it reading this forum, Ashgrove went 9 seasons without winning a stand alone premiership...this is a good competition and although Ash are always good I would argue that the competition is not at all one sided
Blindside you are not alone GO IONA

midas

Frank Nicholson (4)
Best defensive team (St Pat) v best attacking team (Iona) of 2018. Iona won't want to leak as many point as they have been.

Some useless information after round 5, different opponents will obviously change the for and against.

Pat’s leading way in attack by a huge 1 point over IONA and leading defence. A credit to the team and coaching staff. Unfortunately appalling refereeing and a couple of bad choices in the game (I know every team has similar stories) cost them a win against Marist after being 16-14 ahead at halftime. One that got away. Great game by Marist to finish stronger.

SPC F 209 A 49
IONA F 208 A 80

MARIST F 180 A 64
VILLA F 146 A 110
PADUA F 119 A 147
PETERS F 109 A 168
SLC F 82 A 203
EDDIES F 45 A 277

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Before last year, I don't think Ashgrove had won in many year. Padua won 2 before that and didn't St Ed and St Peter win years before that and maybe Iona and Villa before that?

Just found the list 2007-15. Relative drought for Ashgrove. Look like very level play field.

2007​
Marist College Ashgrove​
2008​
St Laurence’s College​
2009​
Iona College & Marist College Ashgrove​
2010​
Villanova College​
2011​
Marist College Ashgrove, St Edmund’s College & Padua College​
2012​
St Peters Lutheran College​
2013​
Iona College​
2014​
St Edmund’s College​
2015​

�Padua College​

It’s interesting that the list you found only starts at 2007, whereas every list I’ve seen goes back to the advent of AIC in 1999.

Mere coincidence, or the fact that Ashgrove won the First XV premiership in 1999 and 2001-2006?

Anyway, Iona beat Ashgrove fair and square this year so they will be very deserved winners of the premiership this year if they get over Paddies, even though I’ll be cheering against them for purely selfish reasons.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Any nominations for AIC Team to be thermo mixed in QLD Schoolboy Trials ?

I’ll start with

MCA 1
Iona 2
MCA 5
MCA 13
Iona 9
Iona 15

as locks - slam dunks as best of at their spots this season

When is the team announced ?

Anyone know ?

Reactions: Vik

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Might be difficult as you only get Ash and Lauries supporters on this thread - 2 x Padua supporters , a Villa supporter , and , an occasional cameo from a Pats supporter

This is your AIC

Torpedo Punt

Herbert Moran (7)

I’ll start with

MCA 1
Iona 2
MCA 5
MCA 13
Iona 9
Iona 15

Anyone know ?

Peter Lavin SLC on the wing if fit would be a certainty ( signed to Titans development squad last year ) maybe the only one though...

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Could anyone give me the starting teams for each school? Seems impossible to find them anywhere
Villanova usual starting line up
1. Brandon Rosen - year 12
2. Lachlan McDonald - year 12
3. Tyreece Rothscheid- Felu (VC) - year 12
4. Will Grigson - year 12
5. Lucas Boylan - year 11
6. Matthew Boxall - Year 11
7. Harry Addley - Year 12
8. James Livingston - Year 11
9. George Stokes - Year 11
10 Damien Harding - Year 12
11. Joshua Jacobson - Year 12
12. Lachlan Littleton (C) - Year 12
13. Will Volkes - Year 12
14. Nathan Madden - Year 12
15. Hamish Muir - Year 10

I think that is the team for this week - but the coach does change things up

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
With regards to AIC selection - from Villa there wouldn’t be many if any.. they are a good team when they click but not a lot of real stand outs - the exceptions to that is maybe the 11 I mentioned above (Josh Jacobson ) and maybe the 8 James Livingston. The captain Lachlan littleton is a hard worker and solid at Inside centre - also a strong defender - apart from that Villa would struggle to put forward genuine contenders. Let me stress (as a Villa supporter) they are goods lads and try hard and are a good team when they are on - but not a lot of “champions” in there. The 15 - Hamish Muir is a year 10 lad that is developing - he is a dynamic ball runner and could be really good in 2019.

Ali Barber

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don’t wish Ill for Iona by any means, if they beat Pats they will be worthy premiers obviously. So good luck to them - it was only last year that Iona had a horror year. So they have come far since 2017. It is good for the comp overall. I think either way it goes Iona have done well - But it ain’t out of the question for Pats to cause the upset. And I think we all agree on that.

It must have been around this time last year SPC rolled Padua to take the Runners up didn't they. I think everyone expected Padua to win considering they stretched Marist earlier.

Reactions: Vik

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Robert Agnew still at Villa Vik ?
Yep sure is - Year 11 lad - he returns next year after he injured his shoulder (pretty sure it was shoulder) he would have been a genuine AIC contender and was the first choice winger I believe - his pace and footwork through contact is excellent. Pity for him but at least he gets another crack next year.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know if they are staying with the open age group next year ? Or are we going back to U16s?? I have heard that the reason the comp went to Opens was because this was the first year of the “preps” coming though as was discussed earlier in this thread - however I have heard that it may go back to Under 16s next year - scoop? Anybody?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Not surprised to hear re : Freddie Mac - Confucius A bit of a sad back story there , and a shame , not only for him but for AIC Rugby given how devoid it is of genuine game changing talent ( which he is )

I guess for the fact there are so few supporters , that League seems to be winning the way of it, and that a fledgling media outfit like Double Take couldn't be arsed to film it - is why those few of us that appreciate it and support it asked for team lists

Thanks for the heads up though - you are a Prince amongst Men

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)

I’ll start with

MCA 1
Iona 2
MCA 5
MCA 13
Iona 9
Iona 15

Anyone know ?

Garry - is my understanding that Teams will be announced probably the week after last round after the coaches have their usual haggling session- hope it’s not like the classic “Life of Brian” clip :)

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
Might be difficult as you only get Ash and Lauries supporters on this thread - 2 x Padua supporters , a Villa supporter , and , an occasional cameo from a Pats supporter

This is your AIC

Youre quite right about the sad state this thread is in Garry. We've seen a real absence of; banter, fake profiles and pumping up of 4th XVs this year unfortunately. The lack of humor has been a let down much like the last 10 years at Runcorn.
This is a call to all students who who scroll through this G&GR in the back of their Maths A class. There's a week and a half till the comp is over for another calendar year so warm up the fingers and for the pride of the Associated Independent Colleges pick up the baton and spin a yarn, tell a joke or post some other crap for us to enjoy. It'll be much appreciated

Yours truly,

I play wing :)

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The locks and backrow will be super competitive with Brad Kuhn , Harry Fox , Bruce Tevega and Ben Geraghty all having strong claims

Jacob Heinke would be my first pick at lock whose set piece has been outstanding

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a guy like Villa’s Lucas Boylan be in the mix - at least for a back up lock spot

Status
Not open for further replies.